Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
charliebravo77
Jun 11, 2003

Cuckoo posted:

Generic anger management issues, maybe? If someone gets so road-raged that they're going to bust out their gun over it, I'm sure there would be some kind of record of being a nut before in their history like domestic abuse or something.

Conviction of domestic violence is already a dis-qualifier for firearm ownership at the Federal level.

quote:

Specifically, 18 U.S.C. § 922(g)(1-9) prohibits the following from possessing, shipping/
transporting, or receiving any firearm or ammunition:
(1) a person convicted of a crime punishable by imprisonment exceeding one year;
(2) a person who is a fugitive from justice;
(3) a person who is an unlawful user of or who is addicted to a controlled substance;
(4) a person who has been adjudicated as a mental defective or who has been admitted
to a mental institution;
(5) an alien who is unlawfully in the United States or who has been admitted to the
United States under a nonimmigrant visa;
(6) a person who has been discharged from the Armed Forces under dishonorable
conditions;
(7) a person who, having been a citizen of the United States, renounces his citizenship;
(8) a person subject to a court order that was issued after a hearing in which the person
participated, which order restrains the person from harassing, stalking, or threatening
an intimate partner or partner’s child, and which order includes a finding that the
person is a credible threat to such partner or partner’s child, or by its terms prohibits
the use, attempted use or threatened use of such force against such partner or
partner’s child;
(9) a person who has been convicted of a misdemeanor crime of domestic violence.

"Generic anger management issues" is pretty goddamn broad. I scream and yell at drivers from the confines of my own vehicle all the time, but never once has it crossed my mind to draw my legally owned and carried handgun and open fire on them.

charliebravo77 fucked around with this message at 19:46 on Dec 3, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

charliebravo77
Jun 11, 2003

A Wizard of Goatse posted:

you should probably chill out a bit dude, smoke a blunt or something

I see what you're trying to do there :v:

(3) a person who is an unlawful user of or who is addicted to a controlled substance;

• Locked thread