Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The_Other
Dec 28, 2012

Welcome Back, Galaxy Geek.
Matthew White, in The Great Big Book of Horrible Things gives a simple summary of fascism;

quote:

Unlike traditional conservatism, which defended the ruling class of nobility, church, and capitalists against the radical populism of the poor, fascism was itself radical populism in favor of conservative ideals. Like the Communists, fascists rallied the masses with promises of full employment, consumer gratification, and national unity of purpose, but were very un-Communist in their support of the homeland, God, and the natural order of things.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The_Other
Dec 28, 2012

Welcome Back, Galaxy Geek.
Inspired by this thread I started reading The Rise and Fall of the Third Reich. I'm only about 200 pages in but I'm really impressed with the thorough job Shirer did in writing it. It's really interesting to see all the points in history were Hitler and/or the Nazi party. The one that really got to me was that Hitler might have been born with the surname Schicklgruber. Both Shirer and Hitler recognized that that alone might have hindered his political career.

• Locked thread