Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
sterster
Jun 19, 2006
nothing
Fun Shoe
Headed East. To a neighboring state to my birth state.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Merkin Muffley
Aug 1, 2006
The Ballsiest
I may just bubble-wrap myself and jump in the box I'm sending out, it'd certainly be cheaper than the trans-continental airfare, and only slightly less cramped.

Zam
Oct 27, 2006

My box is heading east (shocking), and is not going to somebody I just completed a trade with (thankfully).

deedee megadoodoo
Sep 28, 2000
Two roads diverged in a wood, and I, I took the one to Flavortown, and that has made all the difference.

I got someone I've never traded with! It's a Christmas miracle!

mrcowcow
Aug 3, 2006

Too shy to call your name, too high to to play this game.
Grimey Drawer
My box is headed west to a region that makes a lot of beer that I love.

Apache
May 11, 2004

Mine's headed almost straight north of here, to a place with better beer distribution than we get down south. Also to someone with a very vague note.

Nth Doctor
Sep 7, 2010

Darkrai used Dream Eater!
It's super effective!

Does anyone have any packing tips? I'm using one of these guys, but there is probably more I ought to be doing.

One dude on Facebook suggested wrapping the caps in electrical tape. Is that a thing?

danbanana
Jun 7, 2008

OG Bell's fanboi

Nth Doctor posted:

One dude on Facebook suggested wrapping the caps in electrical tape. Is that a thing?

I do this, though I have no idea whether it matters or not. Another simple option is to put each bottle in a gallon freezer bag or two.

lament.cfg
Dec 28, 2006

we have such posts
to show you

Ziploc is pro level. Very useful to save a delivery from inspection due to leaks.

Electrical tape is bullshit. Especially if you do it wrong and leave black sticky residue all over the cap/neck.

Jerome Louis
Nov 5, 2002
p
College Slice
I started vacuum sealing my bottles. It kinda makes it feel more like I'm shipping contraband but also good at containing leaks

Nth Doctor
Sep 7, 2010

It's super effective!

a worthy uhh posted:

Ziploc is pro level. Very useful to save a delivery from inspection due to leaks.

Electrical tape is bullshit. Especially if you do it wrong and leave black sticky residue all over the cap/neck.

Cool, I think I'll do this. I should also be filling leftover space in the bottle shipper with newspaper our something, right?

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Nth Doctor posted:

Cool, I think I'll do this. I should also be filling leftover space in the bottle shipper with newspaper our something, right?

Yeah, though throwing leftover Halloween candy in there is a pro move too ;)

sterster
Jun 19, 2006
nothing
Fun Shoe
gently caress ziplock bags.
1. Use rubber bands when wrapping your bottle 1st with bubble wrap before putting them in your 'bag'. Tape is a bitch to remove sometimes from bubble wrap and rubber bands don't rip the bubble wrap when removing it.
2. Buy your self a diaper genie refill. It's perfect for small and large bottles/growlers. It's thick plastic and made to hold in liquid.

Nth Doctor
Sep 7, 2010

It's super effective!

Podima posted:

Yeah, though throwing leftover Halloween candy in there is a pro move too ;)

That's reserved for The Dad Tax I levy on N+1th Doctor.

krustster
Mar 26, 2007

But I hope you leave enough room for my fist, because I'm going to ram it into your stomach!!!
:(

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Nth Doctor
Sep 7, 2010

It's super effective!

Is it considered bad form to reveal who you are in your package? Or is it the norm to say something like "to LeafHouse from Krustster" on a note?

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Nth Doctor posted:

Is it considered bad form to reveal who you are in your package? Or is it the norm to say something like "to LeafHouse from Krustster" on a note?

This is fine and okay. Putting nice notes in your package is a pro tier move IMO.

LeafHouse
Apr 22, 2008

That's what you get for not hailing to the chimp!

Yeah adding a note is a good idea for sure.

Deadline is in 4 days!

Yeah people are welcome to go through me. I've had a few PM me already.
vv

LeafHouse fucked around with this message at 01:08 on Dec 13, 2015

Apache
May 11, 2004

Note added and box is going out via Fedex today. Also is it good form to PM the recipient the tracking info, or should we route that through Leafhouse as to not spoil the surprise.

Apache fucked around with this message at 19:06 on Dec 12, 2015

Jerome Louis
Nov 5, 2002
p
College Slice
My guy seems to like everything, debating on which last two bottles to include -- should it be really good bretted/sour beers or really good stouts?

edit: I read his post history... I think I'm just gonna send the sours

Jerome Louis fucked around with this message at 06:05 on Dec 13, 2015

ChiTownEddie
Mar 26, 2010

Awesome beer, no pants.
Join the Legion.
I think the box I'm sending is gearing up to be too good. Get ready person who doesn't live in Chicago!
That said it'll probably be sent on Tuesday.

ReaperUnreal
Feb 21, 2007
Trogdor is King
I will be a few days late sending mine out due to driving across the border taking a whole lot of time. Pretty sure my santee will be pretty ok with the wait though, got some fun stuff lined up.

krustster
Mar 26, 2007

But I hope you leave enough room for my fist, because I'm going to ram it into your stomach!!!

ChiTownEddie posted:

I think the box I'm sending is gearing up to be too good. Get ready person who doesn't live in Chicago!
That said it'll probably be sent on Tuesday.

I was all set to go way over the dollar limit and send the best box of all time but then I looked more closely at my santee's untappd profile and had to keep taking things out and replacing them with other things. I predict satisfaction but I am a big proponent of "losing trades on purpose" so this high quality 12-shipper (only 12) is proving to be a surprising pain in the rear end.

Also mine is going south and west, and the victim requested some non-beer swag which I aim to collect tomorrow and send out soon after.

I've consumed multiple servings of beer so my ramblings are okay. love hopy beers

krustster fucked around with this message at 04:50 on Dec 14, 2015

Wet Tie Affair
May 8, 2008

P-I-Z-Z-A

My box will be going out Tuesday. As a hint it's going to someone who has sent to me before.

I would appreciate it if the person sending to me could pm or email tracking info; would just make things easier.

nosleep
Jan 20, 2004

Let the liquor do the thinkin'
I'm sending mine out tomorrow. It will be headed to a magical land in the far west. Fun fact, I'm re-using a styro-shipper I've held on to from my second BIF which i got from Zam. drat that was like 2 years ago. I need to trade more.

Snack Bitch
May 15, 2008

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!
One box of San Diego/LA tapes headed to the wintery north. Been a great year for beer, glad for the chance to share some.

Eejit
Mar 6, 2007

Swiss Army Cockatoo
Cacatua multitoolii

Welp I've finished shopping and my box is going out tomorrow. I think my biffee is really gonna enjoy it

ChickenArise
May 12, 2010

POWER
= MEAT +
OPPORTUNITY
= BATTLEWORMS

Eejit posted:

Welp I've finished shopping and my box is going out tomorrow. I think my biffee is really gonna enjoy it

Same here. I went to so many places within walking/transit distance, then today I finally got a ride and found some bottles. One isn't exactly local (and may get subbed out if I find something else) and one is something I've never tried that only had 1 bottle left, but I think I did OK. I'm kinda miffed that I didn't have the time to go collect growlers, but maybe next time.

sterster
Jun 19, 2006
nothing
Fun Shoe
Package is now in the hands of the carrier. I feel good about my packing but still. They can be brutal with those packages. :ohdearsass:

nosleep
Jan 20, 2004

Let the liquor do the thinkin'

ChickenArise posted:

Same here. I went to so many places within walking/transit distance, then today I finally got a ride and found some bottles. One isn't exactly local (and may get subbed out if I find something else) and one is something I've never tried that only had 1 bottle left, but I think I did OK. I'm kinda miffed that I didn't have the time to go collect growlers, but maybe next time.

I know you're in the NoVa area too, I'm actually excited to see what you sent out. I tried to stick with mostly local stuff but also sent out some regional stuff that didn't go to my BIFee's distro. Sucks some of my favorite local stuff is rotating and not out right now, that I could find anyway (Cafe Royale, Bitter Valentine, Drift).

ChiTownEddie
Mar 26, 2010

Awesome beer, no pants.
Join the Legion.
Can whoever has me please PM me a tracking #? It is going to get very cold soon (after being incredibly unseasonably warm) and I want to make sure it doesn't sit out for long, if at all.
Thanks!

Also box is packed up. I'm not really a beer trader so I am always soooo paranoid about it haha. I hope it makes it to NotChicago safely :ohdear:

E: VV <3 <3 <3 <3

ChiTownEddie fucked around with this message at 04:03 on Dec 15, 2015

ChickenArise
May 12, 2010

POWER
= MEAT +
OPPORTUNITY
= BATTLEWORMS

nosleep posted:

I know you're in the NoVa area too, I'm actually excited to see what you sent out. I tried to stick with mostly local stuff but also sent out some regional stuff that didn't go to my BIFee's distro. Sucks some of my favorite local stuff is rotating and not out right now, that I could find anyway (Cafe Royale, Bitter Valentine, Drift).

I saw Cafe Royale in DC and was like "Sweet, I'll grab some in VA for BIF since I'm about to go to a work holiday party and don't want to carry this around :smug:"

That turned out to be a bad call on my part. It's definitely not the season for most of the best local stuff in bottles (although Rhin'o'fest stands out for the style and they do a good DIPA around now iirc).

ChiTownEddie posted:

Can whoever has me please PM me a tracking #?
Will do >_>

krustster
Mar 26, 2007

sterster posted:

I feel good about my packing but still. They can be brutal with those packages. :ohdearsass:

Same here. I always get so paranoid about broken bottles and/or the workers getting suspicious even though I've had no problems before (barring one time when I made an egregious packing error).

danbanana
Jun 7, 2008

OG Bell's fanboi
BOX AWAAAYYYYYY!

ChiTownEddie
Mar 26, 2010

Awesome beer, no pants.
Join the Legion.
Update:
Oh god my handwriting.
Packaged up, label printed, dropping off in a bit.

deedee megadoodoo
Sep 28, 2000
Two roads diverged in a wood, and I, I took the one to Flavortown, and that has made all the difference.

I just spent the last 4 hours packing up boxes for various trades and BIFs. I need a nap.

Corb3t
Jun 7, 2003

Box is going out tonight or early tomorrow. My target apparently loves Sours, but I can't pass up sending some awesome Michigan BA stouts his way...

Nth Doctor
Sep 7, 2010

It's super effective!

Bag of Sun Chips posted:

Box is going out tonight or early tomorrow. My target apparently loves Sours, but I can't pass up sending some awesome Michigan BA stouts his way...

Same here, but I shipped on Saturday.

E: whomever has me, if it looks like the package won't arrive by the 22nd, please let me know. I have travel plans :ohdearsass:

Nth Doctor fucked around with this message at 20:45 on Dec 15, 2015

Eejit
Mar 6, 2007

Swiss Army Cockatoo
Cacatua multitoolii

Bag of Sun Chips posted:

Yeah my recipient said sours, IPAs, and gose so that's exactly what he's getting

I was shopping and saw plenty of wintry beers, but then I started actually buying stuff and realized I was already over budget so rip stouts

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wet Tie Affair
May 8, 2008

P-I-Z-Z-A

My package got sent earlier today and is on its way!

• Locked thread