Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
krustster
Mar 26, 2007

But I hope you leave enough room for my fist, because I'm going to ram it into your stomach!!!
Maybe include a section to list people you've already traded with so as not to end up sending each other the same stuff again, unless that would complicate things too much. Otherwise, looks simple and easy!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

krustster
Mar 26, 2007

But I hope you leave enough room for my fist, because I'm going to ram it into your stomach!!!
Anyway I'll sign up. There's a lot of pumpkin ales on clearance here so it should be easy. ;)

krustster
Mar 26, 2007

HatfulOfHollow posted:

I have a pretty loving good palate, passed BJCP and level 2 cicerone which is more than half of you dudes can say, so I don't give a hoot anymore about this toxic community

Midorka posted:

The general attitude in this thread is nothing but condescending remarks about who can dick wag with the most impressive beer and is far from friendly. Feel proud dudes that you've helped make this one of the most unapproachable threads I've seen on this site.

krustster
Mar 26, 2007

quote:

This item’s packaging will indicate what is inside and cannot be hidden.

:pwn:

krustster
Mar 26, 2007

Guess I'm making a jaunt to wisconsin tomorrow!!! I wonder if they have beer there?!?

krustster
Mar 26, 2007

LeafHouse posted:

Sorry for the intimidating OP! I was out of control with the BA rating requirement, the last BIF I did had one so I carried it over. Thanks for talking me down on that one. Relax, have fun and send then drink some really awesome beer!

Letters have been sent out to everyone! Let me know if you have any questions on anything or if yours got lost on its way to you.

Don't worry too much about the $$$$$$$anta thing, it looks like the intended audience was reached based on the response.

Also after getting my Santa letter I worry that mine was too vague...oh well!! Rolling the dice is fun!!

krustster
Mar 26, 2007

Mine is not going to Chicago.

krustster
Mar 26, 2007

:(

Only registered members can see post attachments!

krustster
Mar 26, 2007

ChiTownEddie posted:

I think the box I'm sending is gearing up to be too good. Get ready person who doesn't live in Chicago!
That said it'll probably be sent on Tuesday.

I was all set to go way over the dollar limit and send the best box of all time but then I looked more closely at my santee's untappd profile and had to keep taking things out and replacing them with other things. I predict satisfaction but I am a big proponent of "losing trades on purpose" so this high quality 12-shipper (only 12) is proving to be a surprising pain in the rear end.

Also mine is going south and west, and the victim requested some non-beer swag which I aim to collect tomorrow and send out soon after.

I've consumed multiple servings of beer so my ramblings are okay. love hopy beers

krustster fucked around with this message at 04:50 on Dec 14, 2015

krustster
Mar 26, 2007

sterster posted:

I feel good about my packing but still. They can be brutal with those packages. :ohdearsass:

Same here. I always get so paranoid about broken bottles and/or the workers getting suspicious even though I've had no problems before (barring one time when I made an egregious packing error).

krustster
Mar 26, 2007

Mine is going out in an hour or so as well. :byodood:

krustster
Mar 26, 2007

It wouldn't be a krustster box without some kind of delay...i made a last "minute" change that ended up taking nearly 2 hours!! :byodood: But, I dropped it off a while ago so all is well.

krustster fucked around with this message at 21:35 on Dec 16, 2015

krustster
Mar 26, 2007

That's spelled "Pliney"...

Also yeah it looks like they dipped it at least three times. Coffee barleywine sounds good though!!!

krustster
Mar 26, 2007

Pompeii is awesome, I guarantee satisfaction!! That and Light Speed are my favorites from them but I haven't hat Sosus or King Sue yet so ????

krustster
Mar 26, 2007

:frogsiren: A totally inappropriate box of tapes arrived today from Lt_Tofu!! I actually found myself mildly upset (in a good way) because now I have so many extreme new beers to drink and I already had so many!

It includes:
-Pizza Port Chronic
-Alpine Hoppy Birthday
-Bottle Logic Recursion
-Modern Times Mega Fortunate Islands
-Council Beatitude w/peaches & nectarines
-4 different Highland Park tapes
-Alesmith XX Reforged (BA anniversary ale!!)
-Bottle Logic German Chocolate Cake (?!) growler
And a mystery bottle hand illustrated with candy canes! Thanks a billion, and curse you for destroying my physical fitness goals!! :byodood:

krustster
Mar 26, 2007

Also I swear those dragon curtains aren't mine so it's okay.

krustster
Mar 26, 2007

The cat also unfortunately belongs to the same roommate who owns the curtains. Or maybe I should say fortunately because she is pretty rude.

krustster
Mar 26, 2007

Looks like the box I sent out is due to arrive tomorrow. Tracking still says "arrival scan" in Hodgkins, IL and has since like Thursday... I've been checking the tracking constantly because the one time I didn't, something broke, but it looks like this is happening just to gently caress with me. Looked online and the consensus seems to be that as long as it still says "in transit: on time" (it does) it should be fine, sometimes they miss a scan, especially in this busy time of year, etc etc etc. This is probably the most secure box I've ever sent out (thanks to a really cool shipper I got from HatfulOfHollow) so it would be a just-my-luck type of thing. I'M FREAKIN OUT MAAAAN :froggonk:

Anyway, I figured luck was more likely to be on my side if I flipped out over what would turn out to be nothing, rather than assuming everything was okay. Or did I cancel it out by saying that??!

Also one time I sent a non-beer fedex box out and it didn't show up in tracking until it was on the guy's doorstep.

krustster fucked around with this message at 03:16 on Dec 22, 2015

krustster
Mar 26, 2007

Incredible, and the glass even survived!! What's the secret to packing a glass safely among beers?

krustster
Mar 26, 2007

Zam posted:

Use a Styrofoam shipper and wrap the glass with bubble wrap.

That's way too reasonable.

krustster
Mar 26, 2007

:eyepop:

krustster
Mar 26, 2007

sterster posted:

Kruster did an awesome thing. I'm really blown away.
As luck would have it I have only had 1 of these and that was the serendipity which I opened earlier this week. Everything looks like it's amazing. I'm pumped to try the meads too.

Where did you get your bottle shipper?

Phew, looks like all my freaking out paid off and caused it to arrive safely (no departure scan and they didn't drop it off til like 11pm my time, tryna give me a panic attack??). HatfulOfHollow sent me the shipper last year and someone sent it to him before that I believe. In case you noticed that only half the bottles were bubble wrapped, it's because I couldn't close the box with the big ones wrapped.

Coupla notes since the piece of paper was too small:
-The Blackrocks cans are local in that they're brewed in my city, couldn't resist throwing a lovely Local Brown Ale in there too (although it's actually really good if you like coconut) and they only say SPECIAL because they were singles, not old.
-I found out after the fact that Black Husky bottles have exploded in the past (rarely, but still) if not kept cold, so be sure to chuck it in the fridge.
-Your untappd nearly caused me a freakout, who woulda thought you'd have had so many things from the Midwest way down there in AZ?

Anyway happy beermas!!!

krustster
Mar 26, 2007

mrcowcow posted:

Opened the wrapped items this morning:

2015 Black Gold

:eyepop: :eyepop: :eyepop:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

krustster
Mar 26, 2007

Forgot to mention with all the type 3 diabeetus I gave myself on chrimbus, my bonus was Peppermint Victory at Sea! Accordingly I drank it that night and it was pretty drat good. Also the candy canes and starlight mints drawn on the wrapper make perfect sense now ;)

• Locked thread