Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
danbanana
Jun 7, 2008

OG Bell's fanboi
gently caress it. I'm in.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

danbanana
Jun 7, 2008

OG Bell's fanboi

HatfulOfHollow posted:

I have a pretty loving good palate, passed BJCP and level 2 cicerone which is more than half of you dudes can say, so I don't give a hoot anymore about this toxic community

Krustster did it better.

danbanana
Jun 7, 2008

OG Bell's fanboi
I don't think the $$$anta level was supposed to be a whale-trading club. I'll be sending small local releases, a "special release" or two, and some other goodies. The point is to send good beer, not show off your beer peen.

danbanana
Jun 7, 2008

OG Bell's fanboi

Merkin Muffley posted:

The last thing I want to do is have someone disappointed by the box I send them vs. the box they sent out. A lot of you guys have regular access to some world renowned, god-tier beers. I do too, but I don't at the same time. I have a dozen different beers that you'd never get to try outside of the OH/KY area that would knock your socks off, they're just not talked about the same way...

Which is kind of the point with things like this. I'm absolutely interested in new, good local things and if this bif wasn't the third box I'll be sending to goons in the last week or so, I'd be hitting you up for a locals trade.

danbanana
Jun 7, 2008

OG Bell's fanboi

krustster posted:

Don't worry too much about the $$$$$$$anta thing, it looks like the intended audience was reached based on the response.

Also after getting my Santa letter I worry that mine was too vague...oh well!! Rolling the dice is fun!!

Yes. Mine was... not informative.

Also, my BIFee's request just made my job a little harder. My plans for the box need to be completely overhauled.

And FYI: whomever got me as their BIFee, please message me a tracking number when sending. We've had packages stolen in the last few months and keeping an eye on incoming boxes has helped.

danbanana
Jun 7, 2008

OG Bell's fanboi
HEAD WEST, (mostly) CHICAGO BEER!

danbanana
Jun 7, 2008

OG Bell's fanboi

Nth Doctor posted:

One dude on Facebook suggested wrapping the caps in electrical tape. Is that a thing?

I do this, though I have no idea whether it matters or not. Another simple option is to put each bottle in a gallon freezer bag or two.

danbanana
Jun 7, 2008

OG Bell's fanboi
BOX AWAAAYYYYYY!

danbanana
Jun 7, 2008

OG Bell's fanboi

HatfulOfHollow posted:

edit - There was also a wrapped bottle but I forgot to include it. It looks exactly like a bottle covered in wrapping paper. I'm not opening it until Christmas morning.

I hope it's a bottle of Pliny and it totally goes 100% bad and undrinkable in the next week! LOLOLOL.

Also: that wax job on the Umatilla is hilarious. I half expect there to be a wick coming out of it.

danbanana fucked around with this message at 15:58 on Dec 17, 2015

danbanana
Jun 7, 2008

OG Bell's fanboi

Compusaurus posted:

These guys had Starkeller Peach in Foudre at FOBAB and it was a good enough to grab several pours. I honestly hadn't heard of them until I tried them there.

You might remember Schell from the "crafty vs. craft" controversy a few years ago. They've been a medium-sized brewer in the MN/WI region for a long--rear end time. Basically, they're the independent equivalent to Leinenkugel's. As part of their traditional German styles, they added small run Berliners. I had Dawn of Aurora at last year's FOBAB and loved it. I liked Starkeller Peach a lot, too. And I have a friend who I grab a sixer or case of Schell Dark for every time I see it because he insists it's the best cheap beer on the planet.

danbanana
Jun 7, 2008

OG Bell's fanboi

a worthy uhh posted:

Grand Rapids Philanthropist Bourbon Barrel Barleywine - This one must be super rarwalez because there are like 15 reviews on BA for it -- exciting! Putting it in the cellar to share some day in the future!

This poo poo, yo. The wax on that appears to be a different release than the one I had from 2013, but I can tell you that at one time it was as good as any BA'd barleywine as I've ever had. We opened my last bottle at the recent Chicagoon share and it actually got hotter (???) than it was fresh. But holy poo poo... that beer is good.

danbanana
Jun 7, 2008

OG Bell's fanboi

krustster posted:

Also I swear those dragon curtains aren't mine so it's okay.

Those curtains are fantastic.

Krustster, we should compare notes on that HPB coffee stout. Furious Lobster sent me one a week ago.

danbanana
Jun 7, 2008

OG Bell's fanboi
Fuckin' Zam...

Front to back:

Veritas 016 (this was wrapped but gently caress waiting!)
Council Mosaic Dry-Hopped Beatitude
Good Beer Co. Nectarine Oro
Rare Barrel Home Sour Home
Toolbox Citrus Gose
Barley Forge/Good Beer Co./Bottle Logic Glogg Glogg Glogg (this is going with me to NYC for NYE to drink with my bro; My family used to make "homemade" glogg every winter so this is exciting)
Modern Times City of the Sun (blasting it now; A ton of fruit in the nose and initially on taste, then bitter and dry. WEST COAST)
Modern Times Blazing World
El Segundo Mayberry IPA
El Segundo Steve Austin's Broke Skull IPA (OH HELL YEAH)
Almanac Peach de Brettaville

Yeah, so this is kinda crazy... So loving rad.

E: And a Council 10 oz snifter!

danbanana
Jun 7, 2008

OG Bell's fanboi

Yeah, that was kind of my response... Excited to finally try Council, Rare Barrel, and GBC.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

danbanana
Jun 7, 2008

OG Bell's fanboi

Merkin Muffley posted:

there's a can of a treasured Cincinnati delicacy in there too :) You might have grabbed it actually, the picture isn't loading for me.

Is it that loving bullshit you people call "chili?"

• Locked thread