Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Nth Doctor
Sep 7, 2010

Darkrai used Dream Eater!
It's super effective!

I'm in. Do first timers need a V on their foreheads?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nth Doctor
Sep 7, 2010

It's super effective!

Mine is heading west.

I just went shopping and have almost* everything for my box.

I hope my santee likes it. They have like a million checkins on Untappd. :ohdearsass:

*I need to drive to my in-laws on Saturday to pick up a couple bottles of homebrew to sweeten the pot.

Nth Doctor
Sep 7, 2010

It's super effective!

Does anyone have any packing tips? I'm using one of these guys, but there is probably more I ought to be doing.

One dude on Facebook suggested wrapping the caps in electrical tape. Is that a thing?

Nth Doctor
Sep 7, 2010

It's super effective!

a worthy uhh posted:

Ziploc is pro level. Very useful to save a delivery from inspection due to leaks.

Electrical tape is bullshit. Especially if you do it wrong and leave black sticky residue all over the cap/neck.

Cool, I think I'll do this. I should also be filling leftover space in the bottle shipper with newspaper our something, right?

Nth Doctor
Sep 7, 2010

It's super effective!

Podima posted:

Yeah, though throwing leftover Halloween candy in there is a pro move too ;)

That's reserved for The Dad Tax I levy on N+1th Doctor.

Nth Doctor
Sep 7, 2010

It's super effective!

Is it considered bad form to reveal who you are in your package? Or is it the norm to say something like "to LeafHouse from Krustster" on a note?

Nth Doctor
Sep 7, 2010

It's super effective!

Bag of Sun Chips posted:

Box is going out tonight or early tomorrow. My target apparently loves Sours, but I can't pass up sending some awesome Michigan BA stouts his way...

Same here, but I shipped on Saturday.

E: whomever has me, if it looks like the package won't arrive by the 22nd, please let me know. I have travel plans :ohdearsass:

Nth Doctor fucked around with this message at 20:45 on Dec 15, 2015

Nth Doctor
Sep 7, 2010

It's super effective!

a worthy uhh posted:

Can my Santa please make sure you forward tracking info to Leafhouse for me, especially if you sent it Signature Required, thanks :)

Same, please. I'm getting nervous of a delivery between 12/23 and 12/26 when I won't be home.

Nth Doctor
Sep 7, 2010

It's super effective!

LeafHouse posted:

Some drat fine lookin boxes!

If there is anyone who has yet to ship out please post (or pm me) and let us know!

My guy who has me and I agreed to a late shipment to ensure it arrives on a day when I'm home.

Nth Doctor
Sep 7, 2010

It's super effective!

MunchE posted:

Nth Doctor hooking a brotha up with a sweet variety pack. I haven't had most of these, but the ones I've had (Dragon's Milk, Plead the 5th) are awesome and hard to come by around these parts. Mosaic is my favorite hop so I'm looking forward to blasting that tape. Overall a cool mix and I will provide a no holds barred critique of your homebrew as a reward :guinness:

I'm glad you're happy with the selections. I got real nervous when I saw your Untappd check-in numbers, and tried to shoot for stuff you're never reviewed there, or stuff you straight up didn't get in your neck of the woods. :hfive:
I'm also happy that everything got there safely.

E: spelling

Nth Doctor fucked around with this message at 16:08 on Dec 19, 2015

Nth Doctor
Sep 7, 2010

It's super effective!

According to the UPS tracker, I will be driving right past my package today on my way from my parents' house to the in-laws' house.

Nth Doctor
Sep 7, 2010

It's super effective!

My package should hit my porch today :dance:
Unfortunately, I need to be at the office all afternoon so I probably won't have my hands on it for hours.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nth Doctor
Sep 7, 2010

It's super effective!

Nth Doctor posted:

My package should hit my porch today :dance:
Unfortunately, I need to be at the office all afternoon so I probably won't have my hands on it for hours.

Story time, folks!
So the UPS guy stopped by this afternoon and tried to hand off a tiny box to my wife. Mrs. Doctor, N+1th Doctor, and baby N+1.1th Doctor saved the day and got the correct package and I got this box of awesome from ReaperUnreal:

Look at all this stuff!

We got paper, we got bubble wrap, and I'm set on crosswords for a year!

Oh, also there were a bunch of Canadian brewery bottles and a can in it, too:

Thank you so much, Reaper! You're awesome and I can't wait to dive into these bad boys. I have the IPA in the fridge right now for a nightcap, and now I'm set on stouts for the next month! :peanut:
Mrs. Doctor has already laid claim to the bottle (howler?) from Beyond The Pale. She thinks it looks super neat.

• Locked thread