Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
nosleep
Jan 20, 2004

Let the liquor do the thinkin'
I'm in. Thanks for setting this up again LeafHouse. You were my first BIF'er and sent me my first ever bottle of BCBS. Cheers!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nosleep
Jan 20, 2004

Merkin Muffley posted:

Edit: I'd like be $$$anta, but most of the local brewery-only stuff isn't quite to whale status yet, there's plenty of incredible beer around here, it just doesn't have anyone trading their firstborn child for it quite yet...

I'm in the same boat. I signed up for regular but at least 3 of the bottles I'm shipping are brewery only and good beers, but probably not up to the standards of some of the actual $$$anta bottles some people will likely send. Every box people send in the BIFs I've been in usually kick rear end either way though.

nosleep
Jan 20, 2004

I'm sending mine out tomorrow. It will be headed to a magical land in the far west. Fun fact, I'm re-using a styro-shipper I've held on to from my second BIF which i got from Zam. drat that was like 2 years ago. I need to trade more.

nosleep
Jan 20, 2004

ChickenArise posted:

Same here. I went to so many places within walking/transit distance, then today I finally got a ride and found some bottles. One isn't exactly local (and may get subbed out if I find something else) and one is something I've never tried that only had 1 bottle left, but I think I did OK. I'm kinda miffed that I didn't have the time to go collect growlers, but maybe next time.

I know you're in the NoVa area too, I'm actually excited to see what you sent out. I tried to stick with mostly local stuff but also sent out some regional stuff that didn't go to my BIFee's distro. Sucks some of my favorite local stuff is rotating and not out right now, that I could find anyway (Cafe Royale, Bitter Valentine, Drift).

nosleep
Jan 20, 2004

Sorry for the delay ChiTownEddie! I got home late and went straight to see Star Wars and couldn't post. I can't tell you how happy I am with this box. I think you actually hit every single thing in my Santa Letter. Your letter was awesome to describe the beers and made me super excited to try these.

Transient Artisan Ales Neckbeard Nectar - Imperial stout with coconut and cinnamon. I loving love coconut and cinnamon so this is gonna be great. I think neckbeard nectar should just be the default nickname for craft beer come to think of it.

Transient Artisan Ales Pentameter 2 - Lambic inspired ale aged in oak barrels

Une Anee Le Seul II - AWA with raspberries

Marz Ruby's Tears - Gose with Hibiscus

Revolution Bean Gene - BA porter with coffee. I'm so excited for this. I've heard all you Chicagoons talk about Eugene and Coffee Eugene so this is gonna be amazing. I'm collecting every possible coffee beer I can get my hands on for a coffee beer extravaganza with my brother and friend over the holidays so this is perfect.

Pipeworks Ninja vs Unicorn - Guaranteed ultra fresh. Have loved every Pipeworks beer I've had and have had some of the ninja series.

Half Acre Gone Away - Can't wait to try this one, it's getting crushed tonight.

Eddie you killed it man. Got me my coffee fix, sour fix, and hoppy beer fix. I've heard lots of talk about Transient in this thread and can't wait to try these. I love BIFs. Merry Christmas!

nosleep
Jan 20, 2004

Eejit posted:

Got this from...someone in VA. Please speak up!

Whoops, that was me. Hope you enjoy. Let me know what you think of them, especially the BJ beers and Resolute. Be careful with the horcrux, don't let it consume your soul and scatter it to the nether.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nosleep
Jan 20, 2004

ChickenArise posted:

I love that you also sent Vanilla VBB. Was that the second to last bottle???

Sadly I allowed myself to buy it from the crooks at Westover Market, and they had probably 6 or 7 bottles, big surprise. Worth it to send in the BIF though, I had it last year, thought it was pretty good.

• Locked thread