Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Apache
May 11, 2004

In as a $$$anta. I figure I've got enough CCB and Coppertail brewery only releases to meet the requirements.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Apache
May 11, 2004

Merkin Muffley posted:

Screw it, I can't miss out on a BIF! There's too much beer here in the Cincinnati area so i need to unload some of it on you guys.

In my experience, you become consumed with guilt and throw in a few more grumblers and beers from your cellar in a desperate plea for forgiveness from the beer gods.

Edit: I'd like be $$$anta, but most of the local brewery-only stuff isn't quite to whale status yet, there's plenty of incredible beer around here, it just doesn't have anyone trading their firstborn child for it quite yet...

I don't think the $$$anta bottles have to be whales, just brewery only or limited releases of good beer, and only 4 of the bottles have to be that. Hopefully my recipient likes stouts.

Apache
May 11, 2004

Mine's headed almost straight north of here, to a place with better beer distribution than we get down south. Also to someone with a very vague note.

Apache
May 11, 2004

Note added and box is going out via Fedex today. Also is it good form to PM the recipient the tracking info, or should we route that through Leafhouse as to not spoil the surprise.

Apache fucked around with this message at 19:06 on Dec 12, 2015

Apache
May 11, 2004

danbanana posted:

I hope it's a bottle of Pliny and it totally goes 100% bad and undrinkable in the next week! LOLOLOL.

Also: that wax job on the Umatilla is hilarious. I half expect there to be a wick coming out of it.

Yeah, the wax jobs on the bourbon barrel aged Umatilla are a little odd, I'm thinking this is the first barrel aged release the brew hub has done and they might get better at the wax stuff. They didn't do alternate labels for barrel aged, just the silver wax.

Also, the wrapped bottle isn't an IPA, or a young beer at all, so another week or so won't hurt it.

Apache fucked around with this message at 19:27 on Dec 17, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Apache
May 11, 2004

Just received a well packed and well wrapped box from Jerome Louis. Lots of great northern California goodness here. I've never tried anything from Rare Barrel, Sante Adairius, or Sonoma Pride before(though it looks like Sonoma pride is brewed by Russian River, so it must be very good), and the 2 week old Pliny and 3 week old Blind Pig are going to be consumed this weekend. Not pictured was the Sante Adarius glass, which sadly did not survive FedEx's abuse.

Beers in picture from left to right:
Sante Adairius Saison Bernice - Brett Saison
Sante Adairius / Triple Rock Barrel Aged Cellarman - Wine barrel saison
Rare Barrel Map of the Sun - Apricot Sour Ale
RR Consecration
RR Santification - Haven't had this before, looking forward to trying it for the first time.
RR Blind Pig - 3 weeks old, can't wait to get to this tomorrow or Sunday
RR Pliny - 2 weeks old
Sonoma Pride Dauenhauer - well hopped wild ale
Sonoma Pride Amasa - extra dry wild ale

• Locked thread