Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
sterster
Jun 19, 2006
nothing
Fun Shoe
gently caress it signed up. What's the consequence if I fail to ship by the 16th?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sterster
Jun 19, 2006
nothing
Fun Shoe

Jerome Louis posted:

Signed up as a $$$anta man. Anyone have suggestions for bottle shippers you can order online? I used to get those Spirited Shippers when I lived on the east coast but now that I'm in CA, shipping is crazy for those boxes.
Spend $50 and they ship the boxes to you for free.
http://www.uhaul.com/MovingSupplies/Boxes/Kitchen-moving-boxes/Wine-Shipping-Kits?mid=169

sterster
Jun 19, 2006
nothing
Fun Shoe

Apache posted:

Hopefully my recipient likes stouts.
This ^

nosleep posted:

I signed up for regular but at least 3 of the bottles I'm shipping are brewery only and good beers, but probably not up to the standards of some of the actual $$$anta bottles some people will likely send.

I'm actually in the same boat too. Want to share the best we have which means crowlers/growlers which are brewery only.

sterster
Jun 19, 2006
nothing
Fun Shoe
Can you add brewery stickers to my Santa list and Meads as a like/want?

sterster
Jun 19, 2006
nothing
Fun Shoe
Headed East. To a neighboring state to my birth state.

sterster
Jun 19, 2006
nothing
Fun Shoe
gently caress ziplock bags.
1. Use rubber bands when wrapping your bottle 1st with bubble wrap before putting them in your 'bag'. Tape is a bitch to remove sometimes from bubble wrap and rubber bands don't rip the bubble wrap when removing it.
2. Buy your self a diaper genie refill. It's perfect for small and large bottles/growlers. It's thick plastic and made to hold in liquid.

sterster
Jun 19, 2006
nothing
Fun Shoe
Package is now in the hands of the carrier. I feel good about my packing but still. They can be brutal with those packages. :ohdearsass:

sterster
Jun 19, 2006
nothing
Fun Shoe

ChickenArise posted:

Holy cow, beer Santa @_@

I'm so excited to share some of these with my local drinking buddies. Now I want to have another one of these things so I can step my game up (and maybe during a season when my local breweries are making better stuff).

Glad you like. Hopefully you enjoyed the letter stickers and extra bs that was thrown in. You'll have to let me know what you think of some of them. Az has a not so diverse selection of beers so it makes it tough.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sterster
Jun 19, 2006
nothing
Fun Shoe
Kruster did an awesome thing. I'm really blown away.
As luck would have it I have only had 1 of these and that was the serendipity which I opened earlier this week. Everything looks like it's amazing. I'm pumped to try the meads too.

Where did you get your bottle shipper?

• Locked thread