Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Problem!
Jan 1, 2007

I am the queen of France.
When I was job searching I had a much, much higher response rate when I started applying only to job postings that had an email address to submit applications to since I knew an actual human had to read it. Try responding to Craigslist ads, you'll probably have better luck. Even if they point you to an online portal you still have a contact at the company to ask for updates.

My company just switched to an application system that requires people to record themselves responding to a few screening questions. The HR people are all super excited about it while the newer people who still have fresh memories of the bullshit you have to go through to apply for jobs are all universally "WHY WOULD YOU DO THAT?!" The hiring manager says it's a ton easier to filter out people who are just shotgunning resumes vs actually want the job that way but it's still terrible for job applicants.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Problem!
Jan 1, 2007

I am the queen of France.

Shima Honnou posted:

The funny thing is literally nobody actually wants that job, everyone who's applying at your company is probably shotgunning because they're just looking for a place that will actually hire and pay them. I know, I remember job searching in the mid-late 2000s, it was a loving hellscape where you unironically start considering MLM as a drat possibility just because you can actually break into it unlike most major chains who never get back to you because there's 5,000 people applying for every 1 opening. Hope that poo poo doesn't spread further out.

This is for an entry level data entry position so I can guarantee there are about 5 billion applicants, most of which are shotgunning. But HR lives in a fantasy world where people only apply to jobs they really really want.

• Locked thread