Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Doghouse
Oct 22, 2004

I was playing Harvest Moon 64 with this kid who lived on my street and my cows were not doing well and I got so raged up and frustrated that my eyes welled up with tears and my friend was like are you crying dude. Are you crying because of the cows. I didn't understand the feeding mechanic.
You should really focus on getting your depression treated. Are you on medication for it? Applying for jobs will seem much easier if your depression is under control.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Doghouse
Oct 22, 2004

I was playing Harvest Moon 64 with this kid who lived on my street and my cows were not doing well and I got so raged up and frustrated that my eyes welled up with tears and my friend was like are you crying dude. Are you crying because of the cows. I didn't understand the feeding mechanic.

Mistikman posted:

I have been treating my depression constantly (almost, when I get low enough I stop taking medication or going to therapy) for the last 5 years. My depression is incredibly treatment resistant though. I have tried roughly 20 different medications, lots of therapy, and even electro convulsive therapy. Very little has even made a dent.

On a positive note despite the ridiculous frustration I was feeling that led to me starting this thread, I actually got contacted back for one of the non-minimum wage jobs I applied to.

I just started training for a Tier 2 tech support position for a small Internet/Phone/Cable provider.

I am only 2 days in, but I am kind of optimistic so far.

The second I was able to stop applying for jobs I felt a large metaphorical weight lift off my shoulders.

The trick now will be keeping my depression at bay so I don't totally gently caress this job up.

Wow. Good for you for addressing it, sorry nothing has worked, that's rough. And a big congrats on the job, sounds like something that could be much better than minimum wage and could have growth potential. Good luck.

• Locked thread