Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Coolness Averted
Feb 20, 2007

oh don't worry, I can't smell asparagus piss, it's in my DNA

GO HOGG WILD!
🐗🐗🐗🐗🐗
he needs the money for psychonauts 2 he promises this time he'll actually make the game if you crowdfund it
also now that kickstarter and steam have refund policies hes got a brand new crowdfunding platform

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Retarded_Clown_
Feb 18, 2012

:todd:

Hat Thoughts
Jul 27, 2012
Why make a thread just for complaining about a game u think will be bad? Why not make a thread about how sick SMW is or somethin?

FuriousGeorge
Jan 23, 2006

Ah, the simple joys of a monkey knife-fight.
Grimey Drawer
i'd figstart brutal legend 2 if i could

Coolness Averted
Feb 20, 2007

oh don't worry, I can't smell asparagus piss, it's in my DNA

GO HOGG WILD!
🐗🐗🐗🐗🐗
its been like a year or maybe 2 since we've had a thread for bitching about Tim Schafer wasting money and needing a corporate handler, I just thought we should talk about the fact he's made a new kickstarter clone that's all about pulling the scheme form the producers
did any of you ever play massive chalice and did it release? it looked like it could've been fun but happened right after Space Base and the adventurer game

lesbian baphomet
Nov 30, 2011

Coolness Averted posted:

did any of you ever play massive chalice and did it release?

it came out, it's fine but nothing great. Borrows too much from New XCOM and not enough from jrpg turn based strategy. Has cool ideas in terms of the way you build up a base and units but some of those things can turn kinda tedious if you aren't making long-term plans from the very start.

Brad Muir was basically double fine's only designer who actually cared a lot about mechanics and gameplay systems instead of just making things that are quirky, and he got a new job or something a few months ago. oh well

Retarded_Clown_
Feb 18, 2012

Coolness Averted posted:

its been like a year or maybe 2 since we've had a thread for bitching about Tim Schafer wasting money and needing a corporate handler, I just thought we should talk about the fact he's made a new kickstarter clone that's all about pulling the scheme form the producers
did any of you ever play massive chalice and did it release? it looked like it could've been fun but happened right after Space Base and the adventurer game

you think thats bad, this one guy stole shmorkys art.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I don't care, OP.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

The Imp Zone Kickstarter Mock Thread (56k doesn't meet its goal!)

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Ooo... A Magic Cake! Epic find, guys.

Ragg
Apr 27, 2003

<The Honorable Badgers>

Hat Thoughts posted:

Why make a thread just for complaining about a game u think will be bad? Why not make a thread about how sick SMW is or somethin?

Byob.

Ragg
Apr 27, 2003

<The Honorable Badgers>

Coolness Averted posted:

Ill give double fine more money if they make a good game first. I think thats reasonable on my part. I'm a reasonable guy. In fact, everywhere I go people say "Ragg, you are a reasonable loving guy"

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Ragg posted:

Ill give double fine more money if they make a good game first. I think thats reasonable on my part. I'm a reasonable guy. In fact, everywhere I go people say "Ragg, you are a reasonable loving guy"

Yea.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

Coolness Averted posted:

theres a kickstarter thread in games where people have been bitching continuously for years, you should check it out

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

elf help book posted:

theres a kickstarter thread in games where people have been bitching continuously for years, you should check it out
Also this is every thread in Games.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Gaijins are insanely powerful, in puroresu.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

There's a guy who dressed like a cowboy with assless chaps and he would come to the ring with a bull whip and on the way there he would whip the Japanese people's faces along the ramp and they loved it/.

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
i'd like it if psychonauts 2 happened, but i won't be crowdfunding it

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Wormskull posted:

There's a guy who dressed like a cowboy with assless chaps and he would come to the ring with a bull whip and on the way there he would whip the Japanese people's faces along the ramp and they loved it/.
Lol is there a gif/video of this?

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Pablo Gigante posted:

Lol is there a gif/video of this?

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xl2u6d_stan-hansen-vs-big-van-vader_sport Here's this one where after doing that he accidentally gouges Big Van Vader's eye out and then you can see Vader trying to shove his eye back into his head.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

japanese and mexican wrestling make WWE look boring in comparison

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

TheLovablePlutonis posted:

japanese and mexican wrestling make WWE look boring in comparison

Late 90s WWF is the absolute purestrain win but, I agree.

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

The Jews have ruined gaming. Don't let them ruin this forum too.

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

lesbian baphomet posted:

Brad Muir was basically double fine's only designer who actually cared a lot about mechanics and gameplay systems instead of just making things that are quirky, and he got a new job or something a few months ago. oh well

yeah well Brad Muir is at Valve now and I am happy for him

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

The Jews have ruined gaming. Don't let them ruin this forum too.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

*clears throat* Well, I'm from a Jewish family... Whatever... You pieces of poo poo won't see me outside of le Wrestlemans thread ever again.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Wormskull posted:

Late 90s WWF is the absolute purestrain win but, I agree.

I only started watching wrestling in 2010 when FX started airing reruns of late attitude era on cable

Baxate
Feb 1, 2011

Xaris posted:

yeah well Brad Muir is at Valve now and I am happy for him

so he's out of the game development business now i take it

StoryTime
Feb 26, 2010

Now listen to me children and I'll tell you of the legend of the Ninja

Based on this trailer, Psychonauts 2 looks pretty rad.

FuriousGeorge
Jan 23, 2006

Ah, the simple joys of a monkey knife-fight.
Grimey Drawer

StoryTime posted:

Based on this trailer, Psychonuts 2 looks pretty rad.

ftfy

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!
I just don't know why people are throwing money at Double Fine after Massive Chalice, and Spacebase DF9, and Hack N Slash, and Costume Quest 2, and Amnesia Fortnight, and Broken Age, and The Cave, and Trenched, and Stacking, and Brutal Legend, and Psychonauts

StoryTime
Feb 26, 2010

Now listen to me children and I'll tell you of the legend of the Ninja
call tim

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

I know this wasn't your original avatar but I just love this game. Cheers, rediscover.

Lmao. Epic poo poo my man.

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

I know this wasn't your original avatar but I just love this game. Cheers, rediscover.
FuriousGeorge coming with the heat as always.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I liked costume quest

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

Lumpy the Cook posted:

I just don't know why people are throwing money at Double Fine after Massive Chalice, and Spacebase DF9, and Hack N Slash, and Costume Quest 2, and Amnesia Fortnight, and Broken Age, and The Cave, and Trenched, and Stacking, and Brutal Legend, and Psychonauts

Brutal Legend could've been amazing if it was just a heavy metal Zelda game that was completed instead of leaving 40% of the map empty. Even Jack Black couldn't ruin that.

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

In Training posted:

I liked costume quest

me too, it was a fun lil game and probably their most complete, lol

GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

we got directv for xmas in 2004 and g4 really hyped the poo poo out of psychonauts, all going on about what a fuckin visionary genius this tim schafer guy was. it was very weird to me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

other g4 memories: i watched the something is awful interview, live.

• Locked thread