Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

me too, it was a fun lil game and probably their most complete, lol

Yeah, was a good length and kept a steady amount of new costumes and attacks and enemies. I still have costume quest 2 installed but imagine it's the exact same game again and idk if I want to play it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!

In Training posted:

I liked costume quest

I left Costume Quest 1 out

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

G4 was the first forums I trolled.

GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

psychonauts took five freakin years to make :pwn:

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

Brutal Legend could've been amazing if it was just a heavy metal Zelda game that was completed instead of leaving 40% of the map empty. Even Jack Black couldn't ruin that.

All of the advertising and early gameplay they showed indicated that it was a fun hack and slash adventure game, and not a really empty adventure game interrupted by the worst RTS possible.

lesbian baphomet
Nov 30, 2011

I liked Trenched. and I enjoyed Brutal Legend up until the part where it really abruptly hits the final boss mission and ends instead of having the last 1/3 of the game.

Salem Saberhagen
Feb 23, 2009
Broken Age was kinda cool; I liked the premise. I just wish it played more like Deponia with actual puzzles and stuff.

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

It still bewilders me, six years later, that they cut out the entire second region in the snowy mountains except for one little linear corridor. I heard a rumor a few years ago they cut it to focus on the multiplayer RTS mode that literally no one played ever but I don't want to believe that's true.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

Lumpy the Cook posted:

It still bewilders me, six years later, that they cut out the entire second region in the snowy mountains except for one little linear corridor. I heard a rumor a few years ago they cut it to focus on the multiplayer RTS mode that literally no one played ever but I don't want to believe that's true.

the multiplayer rts mode was originally the entire focus of the game, the single player was meant to be a tutorial for the multiplayer

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

elf help book posted:

the multiplayer rts mode was originally the entire focus of the game, the single player was meant to be a tutorial for the multiplayer

Ha ha ha ha ha

yeah actually they will
Aug 18, 2012
i had a lot of fun with hack n slash - but then again I am a YosPos senior regular. Anyway I don't think I'll be backing this but I'll probably buy it when it's out

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

Lumpy the Cook posted:

All of the advertising and early gameplay they showed indicated that it was a fun hack and slash adventure game, and not a really empty adventure game interrupted by the worst RTS possible.

the demo got me interested in it because it was just the first 10 minutes of the game, which is p badass. i got duped and never forgave doublefine.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

i like psychonauts but mostly because rolling around on the big ball power is fun

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

everyone likes the lungfish level but you cant use the ball there so its slower and lovely

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs

elf help book posted:

everyone likes the lungfish level but you cant use the ball there so its slower and lovely

i liked the milkman level

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs

Wormskull posted:

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xl2u6d_stan-hansen-vs-big-van-vader_sport Here's this one where after doing that he accidentally gouges Big Van Vader's eye out and then you can see Vader trying to shove his eye back into his head.

i was watching mid 90s ajpw last night and stan hansen was awesome. he worked so stiff and every hit he made looked like it hurt really bad (it did). when they asked him why he hits so hard he revealed that his eyesight is impossibly lovely and he couldnt really tell where people were so he just swung as hard as he could every time

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uRRRtcPTzxY

ol yeller
Feb 20, 2015
psychonauts was pretty good, grim fandango was good, the others are either bad or i havent played them lol

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

NickRoweFillea posted:

i was watching mid 90s ajpw last night and stan hansen was awesome. he worked so stiff and every hit he made looked like it hurt really bad (it did). when they asked him why he hits so hard he revealed that his eyesight is impossibly lovely and he couldnt really tell where people were so he just swung as hard as he could every time

Yea they don't show it except for Vader looking kind of dazed but that same match he broke cadres nose with the whip before he got in the ring due to whipping it around while being blind.

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

Why can't they just make BG&E2 already.

A cool damn horse
Jan 25, 2009

I've never actually played a double fine game but grim fandango looks neat. Brutal legend is a cool concept too but the game itself seems pretty wretched, which is too bad.

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

net cafe scandal posted:

Why can't they just make BG&E2 already.

that wasn't tim schafer dude...

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

I don't care.

GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

I got bg&e for like twenty bucks a couple months after it came out. wtf happened.

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs

As a Millennial I posted:

I got bg&e for like twenty bucks a couple months after it came out. wtf happened.

ubisoft released a teaser for a sequel years ago and then very quietly stopped all development

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs
magic cake, wowee

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

There were two teasers :cry:

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

RIP Jade and Pey'j

they died in that desert on the side of the highway

ol yeller
Feb 20, 2015
this thread is a cakemine!

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Magic Cake doesn't show up in the Awful app and it's a goddamn travesty.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Pablo Gigante posted:

Magic Cake doesn't show up in the Awful app and it's a goddamn travesty.
Like all rare drops, it's intended to earn money from ads by forcing you to use the website.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

Brutal Legend could've been amazing if it was just a heavy metal Zelda game that was completed instead of leaving 40% of the map empty. Even Jack Black couldn't ruin that.

Also if they actually told you it was a RTS instead of an action adventure game

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

https://www.badgame.net

Korthal
May 26, 2011

Just found out I could do this.

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

I shall op

Ragg
Apr 27, 2003

<The Honorable Badgers>

Jeez.

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

im not trying to insult you. just IMO thats what kind of forum u end up with when everyone is hating all the time

Ragg
Apr 27, 2003

<The Honorable Badgers>

I.N.R.I posted:

im not trying to insult you. just IMO thats what kind of forum u end up with when everyone is hating all the time

Methinks the answer lies in the middle.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

I.N.R.I posted:

Games started off as the forum where you got probated for disliking things and now it's where everyone hates everything including themselves. I'm with Ragg on this one...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ragg
Apr 27, 2003

<The Honorable Badgers>

Wormskull posted:

Games started off as the forum where you got probated for disliking things and now it's where everyone hates everything including themselves. I'm with Ragg on this one...

Thank you. The real bad thing that heppened to YCS was anime. Sure it was all fun and games at first but then the sickos showed up.

• Locked thread