Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

preface all my posts with this

MMM Whatchya Say posted:

Thinking of changing weirdest game to most creative or something? I want a way to represent games that had notable set ups or results, but not necessarily good.

no we are not nominating son mafia

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

Game Of The Year - Star Trek: The Next Generation/Asiina. The first game I read on the forums. Read about half of it in one gulp and then followed it as it went on. It was the perfect intro to mafia and Asiina did so much work to make that game awesome.
Best Flavour - Krellfia.
Biggest Heartbreaker - XCOM: Enemy Within #1/Captain Foo. An awesome setup, great roles, and just a bunch of dumb stuff happened that made town vomit on itself over and over. Met didn't read his flavor so he was lynched D1, TMM (town) targeted me (town) on D2 and after a huge sprawl said he was just gauging reactions, and then Taste misread a night action result that completely ruined the final stretch. It led to a perfect scum victory.
Best Scumteam - MurmurTwin, yuming & Hal in merk's WIFOA: A Political Mess. Perfect scum victory from a team you wouldn't really envision working perfectly together.
Best Supporting Actress - ecco
MelvinTheJerk's S C U M H U N T E R Award - Quidnose.
Best Post - This one.
Ballsiest Play - imgay siding with Jake in Wild & Crazy Kids.

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

:captainpop:

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

I have taken it upon myself to tally the voting for this thing.

Nominations are closed.

Please vote here! http://goo.gl/forms/JxNovIlFT9

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

Welcome one and all to the awards ceremony for the First Annual LYLOs! It's nice to see all of you here. Except for Dr. Hurt. You're not even a doctor. What are you even doing here?

It's the big show, the big tent, the big kahuna, the biggest mafia awards a small internet community dedicated to mafia could muster! Now let's get this show on the road, we're not nearly important enough to take up time.

In our first category, Best Flavor, there were a lot of great nominees. It was a very close battle. But by a tiny margin, the LYLO goes to: Little Mac for The League 2!
Congrats to you, Mac.

Next, we have that little award dedicated to life outside mafia, if there truly is such a thing. And the LYLO for Most Valiant Attempt To Stop Mafia goes to... Tontine by Somberbrero!

Excellent showing, Somber.

For our next award, we show a little grace to someone we think really stepped it up this year. The Most Improved. And the award goes to... oh my gosh, Hiipfire!

Good on ya, dutchman.

Next we have our goofy-rear end award, for Weirdest Game. It goes to... Met for Everybody Gets a Dayvig!

What an insane game.

A quick intermittent award, for Best Supporting Actress. It goes to... Hal Incandenza!

You go girl.

What's this? Another award? The LYLO for Best Scumteam goes to... MurmurTwin, yuming and Hal Incandenza for WIFOA: A Political Mess!

A great showing by scum everywhere this year.

Next we move onto Most Innovative Game, which handily goes to Slack Mafia by Lumpen!

A win for libertarians everywhere.

We can go ahead for a minute and discuss what everyone can agree is the year's Ballsiest Play. That goes to... Quidnose for NKing a scumbud in Scooby Doo Mafia!

Who would've thought Quid could pull it off.

Next, a very competitive 3-way poll for Best Post. It, by one vote, goes to the cutest lil' totino boy for https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ETOHJryPJfk!

You make me want oh so many rolls in my mouth.

Let's take a moment for the true pain and sadness in mafia everywhere and look at our next award, Biggest Heartbreaker. It goes to... busb's Soldiers Game!

A tuffy, but sometimes things happen.

Now for our quickfire round, where we shoot off a few more personal awards.

Biggest Bastard? EccoRaven!

Best New Player? AnonymousNarcotics!

MelvinTheJerk's own S C U M H U N T E R Award? Somberbrero!

And finally, the one we've all been waiting for...

The 2015 SomethingAwful Mafia Community LYLO Award for Game of the Year 2015 goes to...

Star Trek: The Next Generation by Asiina!

What an incredible lineup, just in time for us to turn the clock ahead for 2016! (You don't count, ya bloody aussies)

I hope everyone had a good time, and remember to tip your vanilla mafiosos.

• Locked thread