Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ICR
Dec 31, 2008

Alliance Info and Chat Info

Our first alliance is called Marble Hebrons. Currently, it is full but more alliances should form to accommodate the goons. Our second alliance is Doctor Goons. Please join up! Our third alliance is Goonlactus Our fourth alliance is Worst Alliance. Our fifth alliance is BOLTAGOONS. Our sixth alliance is Waifu Squad. Our seventh alliance is Buster Highman.

When you join an alliance, do your Alliance Battle everyday. Big rewards and more importantly, BIG rewards for the alliance to rank it up. Level 5 XP chips anyone? Yes please.

Our chat channel is 859, so anybody who wants to chat it up with the goons, select that one when you log in and play! When that overflows, go to 860 for more as I believe each channel holds 30 people. The 800s don’t fill up much and we SHOULD be safe there… We use this primarily if we want to coordinate sales or rift openings.

Goons, I get it. We love computer games and some of us are actually glued to the computer. We play cool games with waifus and jumping over rocks and killing rats in packs of 10. Well, have I got something new for you! We have a Marvel Ultimate Alliance/Diablo-like game to play on the phone yippee and other words of excitement!

What is Marvel Future Fight?

Google Play Download: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.netmarble.mherosgb&hl=en

iPhone: https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/marvel-future-fight/id955705796?mt=8

From NetMarble themselves:

Marvel Future Fight
Release Date: Apr 30, 2015
Publisher: Netmarble Games
Platforms: iOS App, Android Google Play
Genre: rpg

Players will have access to some of the most beloved Marvel characters including the Avengers, Spider-Man, Daredevil, and the Guardians of the Galaxy, complete with their signature moves and abilities that will allow players to build their own unstoppable team in the fight against well-known villains such as Loki, Doctor Octopus, and Ultron.

This game is first and foremost, FREE TO PLAY. You can literally get anything in this game without having to pay real money. Need more?

From Wikipedia:

Gameplay

Marvel: Future Fight has been described as a dungeon crawler. Players have the option to use either virtual joystick and button controls or tap-based controls. During a level, players have the option to both use normal attacks and more powerful skills. However, the skills have cooldowns lasting as long as 10 seconds, depending on the skill. Players travel in a three-man team, with the player able to switch between heroes at will, although if you switch from Hero 1 to Hero 2, you have to wait a bit before being able to switch back to Hero 1.

There are multiple kinds of missions: Villain Siege, which is basically like a Boss Battle, Bonus Missions, Daily Missions, and Story Missions. Bonus Missions usually are just battling enemies, Daily Missions feature mini-storylines that change daily, Story Missions are the main storyline missions. This type of mission will provide items for ranking up your characters gear, mastery, and rank. Story Missions allow the use of clear tickets, which instantly grants the players the rewards of the mission without having to play through, but the player's team doesn't gain experience and the chance of getting Biometrics is the same.

There are also two types of Arena Battles so far: Timeline battles, which are PvP battles, and Team-up, a co-op battle. Each mission uses energy to play, with the energy bar recharging every so often. The game has several dozen different characters to play, each with unique skills and sometimes attacks. The player can have a maximum of 5 teams set up. There are also team bonuses, which, if the player has certain members on the team give buffs to the team members. Heroes are obtained and ranked up by obtaining Biometrics, which can be obtained through certain missions and the shop. Heroes can also be leveled up through the use of EXP chips. Players are able to customize heroes to their playstyle, such as upgrading skills, gear, and equipping ISO-8. Upgrading skills makes skills do more damage, upgrading gear upgrades a specific part of the character, like HP or Attack Speed, and equipping ISO-8 provides varying buffs. In the shop, in addition to Biometrics, players can also buy chests, energy, clear tickets, ISO-8, Biometric packages, and other supplies. There is a separate store for uniforms. Uniforms typically grant buffs to the characters, like extra damage to a class.

There is also a SHIELD Lab, which has four possible buildings that can be built: an Antimatter generator, a Warping device. Biometric Converter, and a mini-store. The Antimatter generator generates Antimatter used to build, upgrade, and use the other devices. The Warping device allows players to warp three characters on missions, and the characters eventually return with rewards. All characters used are still playable in missions. The mini-store stocks frequently changing items, such as upgrading items, ISO-8, and sometimes even Biometrics. The Biometric converter converts two already owned biometrics to a biometric of a random character in a set of characters that is also frequently rotated.

Diving deeper

This game features:

a completely free to play system that allows you to acquire anything in the game without having to spend a dime.
Over 60 playable characters currently and climbing! All characters have their own unique skills and set-ups!
A robust leveling system that takes you from 1-60,while also giving you the option to master characters, gear them out, upgrade their skills, rank their star levels up, and more.
Map system for story mode, PvP, and many other game modes.
Alliances, in game chat, an in-game shop, a lab to upgrade, achievements and more

I’ve equated this game somewhat to a very lite-Diablo. There is no loot per se, but you are maxing out your characters in order to run through the various content that is in the game.

Let’s explain how this game works

Once you turn on the game, your screen is going to look like this:

Follow along with the numbers:

1) Your name, account level with experience bar to next level and VIP status are there.
a. Name: You select this.
b. Account level: As you do story missions, bonus missions and much more, your account will always level up. Max is lvl 60. Each level here gives you more that you can level up in terms of your characters, lab and more. This all comes naturally with playing the game.
c. VIP Status: As you spend actual money on this game, you get a VIP status. It basically just adds little perks like Clear Tickets on log-in, -1 Hour on Free Hero Chest, etc. The joke is that it costs $8,500 to max out your VIP level to 15. LOL WHALE.

Keeping food on the table for Netmarble.

Whale out guys.

Our team mascot

2) Energy: This is how you play through the game. Each time you do a level, you consume energy. Story for instance uses 4 energy each time you play. It regenerates on it’s own 1 energy every 5 minutes. You can always buy more energy or use other means to get energy.

3) Gold: This is what you use to upgrade your characters, lab, etc. Gold is the upgrade currency. You can get this big time from Villain Siege, Bonus Missions and simply playing the game. VS and Bonus are your best ways to get it. NEVER, EVER buy gold with crystals. I’ll explain this in much further detail later.

4) Crystals: Your actual money currency. You earn crystals by playing the game (first completions of levels, doing your daily achievements, Timeline Battles, etc.) Crystals are INCREDIBLY important and how you spend them matters.
a. Spend crystals on rare heroes that are hard to farm.
b. Spend crystals on costumes as they are direct buffs to your favorite characters.
c. If you are new, it’s not a bad idea to consider buying one Clear Ticket pack if you see it on Flash Sale. Clear Tickets rock as a newbie, but not so much as a veteran.
d. Spend crystals on the Package Items that are great deals. Will explain more.

5) Assemble Points: Friends give you these. I recommend getting 50 friends asap, even if you don’t know them. As you “team” with people, you can ask them to be your friend. Do this. Once you get to 50, you can delete people. Reason being, when you reach 50 friends, you get A LOT of crystals.
a. Spend Assemble Points on ENERGY. The boxes are usually terribad.

6) Friends: This is how you get friends. Look at the prompts and add people. Just do it. Make sure to SEND ASSEMBLE POINTS to people so they actually do it for you too. It’s about kindness and nice things, blah blah.

7) Mail: Check this daily. Netmarble gives out TONS of free stuff and it owns. You can see your assemble points to collect, your chests you may earn or get gifted, the gifts themselves and Notices that Netmarble gives (open these as they usually offer rewards). One key note: If you get gifted XP chips, do NOT open them until your hero is “rested”. Their condition means if they have the XP next to their name, they get an XP buff for the first 10 matches. This also means your XP chips get a bonus too!

8) Settings: Your options. If your phone overheats, drop your graphics and performance to low. Biggest thing I mention here is controls. You can play this with your phone as a controller or as a 1-touch button. Controller is for the elites so if you are Call of Duty pro twitch player, you do this. This game is casual though so trust me, 1-touch is fine. I personally play as Pro setting. Follow your prompts.

9) Chat: This is how you chat. The one nuisance is there is a chat limit with each sentence. Please fix this Mr Netmarble. Channels are social and Alliance is for your guild. We have our own Channel we try to steal so we can all talk to each other since alliances only hold 30 people for now.

10) Netmarble Announcements: You get to see every event they run and what’s upcoming. Want to know when the next XP boost event is? It’ll tell you. Next Battleworld event? That’ll tell you.

11) Game Center: Stupid, who cares.

12) Your characters: So, you’ll notice a couple things here. The blue icon for War Machine means he is a blast character. Matter of fact, all 3 of mine in the picture are. There are 4 types: Combat (red), Universal (purple), Speed (green) and Blast (blue). Each one has a role they play and makes them very unique in terms of how they fight. I will get into this in a second.

Look at some of those chars and look, the damage types!

Remember this. This is how damage works in the game.

a. His level is listed as well. Max is 60. Higher the level, higher the stats. Level your guys up.
b. Star level: 1-6 here. 1 is lowest, so meaning the stats are gonna be low. 6 stars is max and means your character is ready to dominate. Basically, anything 4 on up is gonna be good stuff.
c. Yellow stars vs Red Stars: Yellow stars are their first rank up but you can “Master” a character as well. When you spend Norn Stones, you can enhance their power even further and this turns the star into red. Red>Yellow. It pains me to say that.
d. Middle character for your Team 1 is your profile photo by the way. Keep that in mind. Mine is Iron Man as he is my Team 1 main. Hence that yellow symbol above his Blast Icon.

13) Team: This is where you set your team. Cool thing is for teams, you can synergize with your characters. This team for instance, has a special power where all 3 can do a super attack for mega damage AND team up bonuses! Check all these out so you can learn how to maximize the team’s potential. You can look at how that works more!

14) Trophies: Achievements. Do your daily….daily. Weekly means you have one week to complete. You have lifetime ones too and more. Check them out!

15) Lab: This is where it gets crazy. You have 4 things in your lab you can choose to level up:
a. Biometric Enhancer: Take this to level 4 max. You are given the chance to take biometrics from characters you don’t want or need and trade them in for 1 bio of another character. This is RNG based so it’s random. Not the best value.
b. Antimatter Generator: Crucial. You will want to take this as high as you can. To be honest, once you start hitting lvl 8 with it, you will be very comfortable. You will need antimatter to do lots of leveling up, in terms of characters and utilizing more of the lab. Everything in the lab uses Antimatter, basically.
c. Warp Device: Pretty cool. You can put a random team of 3 into an automated mission for XP and biometrics. Utilize this, especially as a new player.
d. Item Shop: Crucial. This is where you can buy gear, crafting materials and much more. Don’t buy the heroes as the value sucks. Do buy the crafting materials as the value owns. Also, as a new player, the XP chips aren’t too bad at all. Level 3 chips as a newbie are super valuable. Everything costs gold here (minus the heroes which costs crystals, BLAH)

16) Alliance: ROCKS. So they only hold 30 players a piece but it’s awesome to connect with your people. It’s a guild. It even has it’s own game mode called Alliance Battle! It’s pretty fun too. I recommend you join an alliance ASAP. Our first one is called Marble Hebrons but we need more. I’ll be leaning on the goons to create more 30 packs for our members to join. Lots of perks for joining an alliance including XP boost, crit boost, dodge boost, etc.

17) Covers: Relatively new but as you play in Dimension Rifts, you can acquire covers, which are synergies for your heroes. Extra damage, dodge, etc. Acquire these.

18) Inventory: Need I say more? This is where all your stuff is!

19) Uniforms/Store: Where you buy things using money or crystals. Uniforms are amazing, first and foremost. If you find a main and they have a uniform to buy currently, save up for it. It’s a flat 10% boost in all stats that matter. Store will have your flash sales (these change every 30 minutes, some are very nice.) Packages to buy (also nice), your gold to buy (LOL, don’t be stupid), etc. Here’s a quick rundown.
a. Do buy a flash sale of Clear Tickets as a new player. When you aren’t new, you can farm them easily in Villain Siege.
b. Do buy rare heroes that can’t be farmed well. Example would be Rocket Raccoon, who can only be acquired randomly or in Dimension Rifts. Black Panther only has one farm mission in Story, so his max bios to get are 3 daily. That’s low. Same goes for Thor. Iron Man has 9 daily. You should never ever buy his flash sale as he isn’t rare at all. Same with Winter Soldier. Keep this in mind.
c. Do buy the $9.99 80 Biometrics. It’s a one time purchase but is EXCELLENT value. 80 bios is an automatic 3-star char. Got money to blow? Whale here.
d. Do buy any sale that has non-specific Biometrics with it. These can be applied to ANY character. That rocks.
e. Do buy excellent Package values. Let’s say you find a She-Hulk (rare) Package for 2,500 crystals. That’s a lot, I know, but it comes with 100 LVL 5 XP Chips (these will take you 1-40 in 1 second), 100 Norn Stones, etc. These can have tremendous value at times.
f. Do buy the Tony Stark Crystal Package. This is the subscription model to the game. $4.00 for 2,450 Crystals? Basically, you get 200 up front then log in daily for 75 additional crystals daily. Absolutely insane deal. REMEMBER to LOG IN DAILY THOUGH. Don’t be a dumb.
g. Do NOT buy Gold, XP boosters, and bios for common characters like Iron Man. Remember what I said above about common vs rare chars.

20) Mission/Arena: This is where you play the game! Here’s what we got:
a. Story: The main component of the game. Go through the levels and dominate. Keep your characters alive and 3 star your missions. The higher your stars, the more XP you get. You can 1 star if you want to go to the next mission, but try to 3-star. Having trouble? Farm a level over and over to level up and then overlevel the story area. Rocks. Maps are usually about 1 minute to complete, so this is very fast stuff. It makes for a fun, quick game that you can pick-up and play at any time.
b. Daily: A great way to level. Simple daily missions you can run 10 times a daily. They can be done in as quick as 30 seconds. Simple two room clears with static level enemies.
c. Special: When the movies come out, the Special Missions come with. This is how you farm your Guardians of the Galaxy and Ant-Man characters for instance. Very cool level sets too that are unique to story. I’ll explain:
i. Amazingly Interesting Voyage is how you farm Yellowjacket. Yellowjacket is top tier. I can run these missions over and over and over. When you complete his mission 5 times, you get an option to run it with “No Limit”. If you got the energy, this means you can farm him endlessly. Special Missions have a daily limit until you reach NO LIMIT. Farm away!
d. Bonus: Quick matches for Gold. This is where you farm gold and it rocks. Do these daily.
e. Villain Siege: Boss Rush mode. It’s pretty cool. And man, it gets really tough as you level up. This is where you farm Lvl 3 XP Chips (very nice for new players) and Clear Tickets (how you can easily farm bios and crafting materials). Gold is also farmed here and bios and rare materials! Do these daily. The caveat to this mode is that you can only use a character once a day. So if you use your top character who is lvl 40 on the level 15 boss, you’re an idiot. Thanks.

f. Arena offers you your Timeline Battle (PvP), Team Up Play (play with friends, acquire amazing items, Battleworld (PvP, acquire rare bios and more) and Alliance Battle (which you can also access in your Alliance. Do your Timeline Battle daily please.
g. Not shown here is Dimension Rifts: These have unique crafting materials that help you rank past RANK 9 on your gear. You will need a bunch of these so do them EVERY TIME they are available. You discover these randomly as you play the game. You just have to beat the mission to unlock your Rift. Rifts also have Slot 5 drops too. Jackpot.

21) That’s Kingpin. You’ll see him referred to on other sites as Blingpin for the uniform. Kingpin is a nice, young man who runs a small business. What’s unique about him is Kingpin is actually a Combat character, but his uniform turns him into a Blast character. That has major perks, which you’ll learn about as you play.

Character Development

Here’s what we got:
1. Stats: Universal is her damage type, Angela is her name (she’s a waifu), and Modern is her costume. XP is at 89% to next level and if I hit the + sign, I can use XP Chips to level her faster. That would be a good idea because she is at BEST CONDITION (see 8). Her level is 13 out of 45. Why 45? She is only 3 stars and 3 stars are max lvl 45. 4 stars are max lvl 50. 5 is 55 and 6 is 60. Get it? Probably not I reckon.
a. Physical attack is her damage type. NOTE: The top attack here is ALWAYS their damage type. Even if you see energy damage popping out and all kinds of crazy poo poo you can’t explain, you gear her for Physical. That’s what her damage is doing. Always remember that.
See, Ronan is all Energy. Therefore, all his skills are energy. Thereforer again, he needs to be geared for Energy only.
b. Physical Defense: How durable she is. 299 is god awful for endgame, obviously.
c. Energy Defense: How durable she is. Energy damage though. Guys with energy guns for instance.
d. HP: Hit Points. Yessir, take ‘em high!

2) ISO-8: Think of these are damage and stat modifiers. They are gems if you are familiar with Diablo games. The big key to these is rolling a great “Runeword” though. Overdrive is godly. Weak Grasp is garbage. But these runewords have different colored ISO-8 attached to them. They cost crystals to remove so CHOOSE WISELY. Some of these runewords are very good and offer damage and crit and awesome procs. Look up Overdrive and you’ll see what I mean. You’ll see what level each one opens up at. But basically, you only socket these based on a great runeword. Trust me, you want to do that. Also, ISO-8 are leveled too! A 6 star ISO is godly. It is ultra rare. I only have one. A 1 star ISO is poop. 4 stars are very solid and I recommend slotting from there on up. You can also level up ISO-8. It’s like a character…in gem form. It’s pretty meta.

Surprise, I found Overdrive. *salivates furiously*

Nice quick and painless guide about using ISO-8. Pretty accurate too.

3) Gear: Super crucial. This is what makes or breaks you. So many things to do here. You have 4 gear slots and a Special Item slot (the lock you see). Slots 1-4 are what you upgrade to do more damage. As you upgrade them, you unlock more affixes on the gear. These affixes are crucial as all hell. You can reroll them as well until you get what you’re looking for. Need guidance?
a. Damage on Slot 1. Go Physical Attack in this case, but if your char is Energy, do that. All Attack is fine too. Roll straight flat damage on first slots, and %damage on first one OR two. Preferably only on first one. You’ll see what I mean as you rank up gear.
This guy is off to a decent start.
This guy is not.
b. All Defense on Slot 2: You’ll get a lot of rolls for a specific defense type, but you want All Defense here. However you can get it as it can be a tough roll sometimes.
c. Hit Points on Slot 3. ‘Nuff said. Flat HP and first two can be %HP.
d. Defense Penetration on Slot 4. Gamechanger here. Break the defense, do more damage, nothing but net. Yeah buddy.
e. Slot 5: Whoa, I didn’t talk about this. You get custom gear in Dimension Rifts. Slot in some CRIT DAMAGE or CRIT RATE or DODGE or something you love here. I’m pretty into CRIT DAMAGE because that owns, but Dodge actually has a place in this game (not like another game that I absolutely love….drat you Mr. Gaz)

4) Ranks, Mastery and More: This is where you start sperging out and you’re gonna love it. Oh man, there’s nothing quite like being so ‘tism that you max out a character to 6 stars, which takes 320 bios. Let’s talk
a. Rank Up: The Star Level. Get it to 6 on your faves. Costs gold each time. It’s 10 for 1 star, 20 for 2, 40 for 3, 80 for 4, 160 for 5, 320 for 6. 630 bios total! Once you get that 4 star, you’re well on your way and you’ll even start to feel the difference in power starting at 3. I always believed the star jump from 3 to 4 felt massive.
b. Mastery: Red Stars. This is where you bump up your stats even more. It costs Norn Stones to do this. Do this again for your mains or characters you love.
c. Gear: We discussed this already.
d. Skill: Big. F’in. Deal. As you acquire stars, you unlock more powers. Man it rocks. Some characters have amazing skills early. Some have garbage. Angela is a great example. Her skills leading up to 5 are kinda meh. Her 6 star skill is amazingly good though. Loki is another one like this too. His 5-star game vs. 6-star game is night and day. 6-star Loki is top tier. 5-star Loki is bottom. Kinda crazy. Level up your skills here though. Higher your skills, the more damage these cooldown powers do. Also, more stars ya get, the better your Leadership skill is. Those skills affect your ENTIRE party. Pay attention to that when pairing characters. It’s why Throot owns so much.
e. ISO-8: Discussed. Also, you can sell up to 20 ISO at once in this menu.
f. Uniform: Change the uniform here. Angela for instance, has a Secret Wars costume to make her even more va va voom, darling. It also increases all her stats 10%. Switch here.

5) Preview Skill: This rocks. You can actually test any character in the game! Go here, go to the training room and see what a 6-star is like. Like what you see? Now you know who you may want to main or max! Very cool feature. Details are just more stats on your character and 3 Person thing shows every character she synergizes with.
a. Those synergies are very important. When pairing a main, this determines your supporting cast for maximum efficiency. You can play however you want, but if you want to max your team, you’ll pay attention to this. Extra stats come with the right team.
b. Zoom in. HELL YEAH, you know exactly what to do here bros. Get it how you live, baby.

6) Join: You can party up with people here! Yay for Team-Up play.

7) Angela: I told you about her. Check out ‘dem graphics. You can use the arrows though to switch to other characters easily.

8) Best Condition: Remember earlier I mentioned conditioning and getting extra XP on a char? Angela has it. She hasn’t been used in 24 hours so if I use chips on her or use her in a mission, she obtains extra experience. She also gets extra gold for my team. Keep that in mind and use wisely.

Gameplay

Here’s some cool videos that show that for a phone game, this isn’t too shabby at all.

Alliance Battle: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_3a4gDDAODQ Black Widow starts it off and absolutely dominates showing her awesome skills. I can’t believe Black Widow is actually…good in this???

Intro Level Story Mode: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8k4Afqd4tFg Black Widow once again. This shows a somewhat Marvel Ultimate Alliance vibe, which is what story is all about.

Battleworld PvP: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-3B2WSCUaf8 Spoderman iframes galore. Dude is practically invulnerable over here. Mr. Gaz, take notes. This is one of my favorite modes in a phone game.

Villain Siege: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o-c8SZlR0AU Rules. Long video, but watch first few minutes. Punisher rules and feels devastating.

Character List

Angela
Ant-Man
Black Bolt
Black Cat
Black Panther
Black Widow
Blade
Bullseye
Captain America
Captain Marvel
Daredevil
Deathlok
Destroyer
Doctor Octopus
Drax
Elektra
Elsa Bloodstone
Falcon
Gamora
Ghost Rider
Giant-Man
Green Goblin
Groot
Hawkeye
Hulk
Hulkbuster
Iron Fist
Iron Man
Kingpin
Lash
Lincoln Campbell
Loki
Lucas Cage
Malekith
Miles Morales
Mockingbird
MODOK
Nebula
Phil Coulson
Punisher
Quake
Red Hulk
Red Skull
Rocket Racon
Ronan
Sharon Carter
She-Hulk
Sif
Silk
Singularity
Sister Grimm
Spider-Gwen
Spider-Man
Star-Lord
Thor
Ultron
Venom
Vision
War Machine
Warwolf
Wasp
Winter Soldier
Yellowjacket
Yondu

More to come! Watch this for Spider-Gwen and many more. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ngXnDBOuTew

Here ya go: Follow these sheets. Awesome details on every character in the game.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/17t4w1h1D7qcI9xa0S3O_S2Zkv1mT3uwmJKx139C9rpc/edit#gid=1155588003

Helpful Resources
Autism Section for all your tism needs

1) Need to know who to farm? Here is an excellent guide showing you the various rarities for who is hard to farm vs. who is easy to farm? PLEASE READ:
https://www.reddit.com/r/FutureFight/comments/3olmww/how_hard_are_various_characters_to_farm/

BEGINNERS SPREADSHEETS TO AUTISM SPERG CRAP

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1FV3hmxlpuyoP2_4khDAt9-oOItHVopHgnC8YR-L39V0/htmlview?pli=1#gid=1308594218

1.5) Cards? CAAAAARDS

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1imGEOE2m-9Jz-41SMQ5YJxHBCLIDlUzHhR8b8xVOVoA/edit#gid=0

2) What do I do daily?

What punchy says of course:

quote:

Basically check your daily achievements under 'Trophies' for an idea of what to do. They'll send you to story mode, daily missions, villain siege, and timeline battle. Do as much of them as you can; as a new player, don't expect to progress far in villain siege or win much in timeline. Always do your dailies, if you do all 7 you get some premium currency for free, and if you're in a hurry you can dash them out in a few minutes.

In addition to this you have battleworld, always do this when available cos worse case you get a couple of rare biometrics and some cash. There's also alliance battle where you kill some dudes in an arena and help push your fellow goons up a leaderboard. There's also team up battles, available when you have some decently levelled characters.

You also get free biometrics and xp from doing the passive missions in the Shield Lab.

Your long-term goals are levelling up heroes to 60, ranking up heroes to 6, and masterying up heroes to 6. So pick a waifu or husbando, go to the rank up section of their character sheet, and it will tell you where to farm up their bios. Each elligible mission drops up to 3 per day, so when you have 0/3 left you can move on to another.

Final Notes

Enjoy the game and remember, it’s kinda like a hybrid Ultimate Alliance and Diablo-lite game. Easy to play, easy to pick-up, quickplay and can get competitive at endgame. Lots of tourneys with leaderboards. Can get grindy for sure, but it can take some time to master some of your mains. There’s updates monthly at this point and tons more on the horizon.

Alliance Info and Chat Info

:siren: Our first alliance is called Marble Hebrons. Currently, it is full but more alliances should form to accommodate the goons. Our second alliance is Doctor Goons. Please join up! Our third alliance is Goonlactus Our fourth alliance is Worst Alliance. Our fifth alliance is BOLTAGOONS :siren:

When you join an alliance, do your Alliance Battle everyday. Big rewards and more importantly, BIG rewards for the alliance to rank it up. Level 5 XP chips anyone? Yes please.

:siren: Our chat channel is 859, so anybody who wants to chat it up with the goons, select that one when you log in and play! When that overflows, go to 860 for more as I believe each channel holds 30 people. The 800s don’t fill up much and we SHOULD be safe there… :siren:

Befriend each other and utilize that too. I'm ICameForRevenge if you want to friend up.

PROTIPS

- Fail a mission. The game gives you a FREE LEVEL 30 character for doing so. Netmarble learned you suck and rewards you for it.

- Want to level a character fast? As you start to get higher levels, make a team of your high level and add a level 1 you want to level up. Beat the mission and boom, you'll have a lvl 1 go way up in no time.

-

- More to add as we think of them.

To Conclude

Lastly, ask questions here and feel free to communicate through the thread. This game is loaded with meta crap so if you have any specific questions or advice you’re looking for, ask away and somebody can help. If I missed anything, just let me know and I’ll add it!

Good luck and have fun! (and main MODOK).

ICR fucked around with this message at 20:44 on Apr 8, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr.Magnificent
Dec 24, 2007

Comes with hands on care.
Fun Shoe
Good sir, if you check my team, modok is currently my highest rank/highest leveled character.

Also this should be in the second post:

Dr.Magnificent fucked around with this message at 00:22 on Dec 5, 2015

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

Dr.Magnificent posted:

Good sir, if you check my team, modok is currently my highest rank/highest leveled character.

MODOK should actually be your only team member. God he is something special.

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Do not trust in hope- it will betray you! Only faith and hatred sustain.

OP is surprisingly coherent

Kainser
Apr 27, 2010

O'er the sea from the north
there sails a ship
With the people of Hel
at the helm stands Loki
After the wolf
do wild men follow
Where is Wolverine and his friends

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010
ground loving floor

farvel figaight is a fun game for a cell phone game and if you are not vip 15 you are loving trash and should kill yourself.

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

Wolvering and his W-Men are in Dimension X in Limbo and couldn't make it. The FF are from the 60s so they're all too old to participate.

Greywords
Oct 17, 2008

Where we're going, we won't need eyes to Select Warp.
Oh god it happened.

Also still considering Spidey, Superior Spidey and SPIDOK.

MMAgCh
Aug 15, 2001
I am the poet,
The prophet of the pit
Like a hollow-point bullet
Straight to the head
I never missed...you
Just the other day I took some time to figure out for myself how the whole comic cover piece fusing process works, based largely on this Reddit post and the Google Sheets document linked in it. It's pretty Byzantine, involving per-piece point values and different item pools and crap.

What it boils down to, anyway, is that the average player who only wants to maybe complete the non-premium covers should just fuse any two duplicate cover pieces at a time. (Not premium ones obviously, but those are beyond rare and basically a non-issue.) If you are interested in hunting premium covers or having a slightly better shot at getting rare normal pieces, you'll want to consult that Google Sheets link above, then look at the pool ranges in the Reddit post and make sure the point values of the cover pieces you are fusing put you in the range of your desired pool. Like I said, complicated. But it's also not something you need to care about until you are absolutely serious about completing every single cover.

MMAgCh fucked around with this message at 01:34 on Dec 5, 2015

The Pell
Feb 6, 2008
Ultron, Vision, and Destroyer get a team perk: 3 amazing bulges and some fighty bonus.

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

Don't forget to do Battleworld, it's Miss Selina Kyle bios and she's one of the rarest characters in the game.

(And it's 1-3 star battleworld so open to all)

sakeyake
Feb 1, 2004

I just started playing this yesterday. I still haven't really figured out how combat works other than just randomly tapping on everything, but I do like the idea of having a whole new set of meta crap to dive into. That's a lot of characters and the game does a piss-poor job of explaining things. Perfect!

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

Yep you got it, just mash your attacks and stuff will die.

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

I have to update my pictures. God drat it.

Dr.Magnificent
Dec 24, 2007

Comes with hands on care.
Fun Shoe

sakeyake posted:

I just started playing this yesterday. I still haven't really figured out how combat works other than just randomly tapping on everything, but I do like the idea of having a whole new set of meta crap to dive into. That's a lot of characters and the game does a piss-poor job of explaining things. Perfect!

The game actual does a better job than you think, you just have to dig into menus to get the data. You can test and preview every ability a character has and they are decent at ability descriptions.

Rufio
Feb 6, 2003

I'm smart! Not like everybody says... like dumb... I'm smart and I want respect!
I'm glad that the FF chat can be taken out of the MH thread but at the same time nobody new should be tricked into playing this horrible game and brought into the cult of ICR

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

Kainser posted:

Where is Wolverine and his friends

No X-Men lol.

Rufio posted:

I'm glad that the FF chat can be taken out of the MH thread but at the same time nobody new should be tricked into playing this horrible game and brought into the cult of ICR

This is true actually.

Except for this time :engleft:

cl_gibcount 9999
Aug 15, 2002

this game is bad

:five:

cl_gibcount 9999
Aug 15, 2002

but it has playable MODOK and Ultron so.... I'm really torn here

Hogama
Sep 3, 2011
Some bits and bobs:

You can perpetually keep characters in BEST CONDITION if you hard-reset the app after 8 missions (normally it stays on for 10 missions before you need to rest them again). The specific bonus a character gets from BEST CONDITION is tied to their level, though.
A level 1 character gets +30% Defeat EXP Bonus, +50% Clear EXP Bonus and +20% EXP Chip Bonus. A level 41 character gets +6% Defeat EXP Bonus, +16.7% Clear EXP Bonus and +4% EXP Chip Bonus. A Level 58 character gets +0% Defeat EXP Bonus, +2.5% Clear EXP Bonus, +0% EXP Chip Bonus. They always get a Gold Acquired as Clear Bonus, but at the highest character levels, it's not really worth the time it takes to load the app to maintain such a diminished return. Pretty useful trick to bring the low levels up to speed, though.

Any uniform is nice for a character used often for the flat rate boost, but some uniforms are noticeable shifts in the way the character plays and feels. Like Spider-Man's Renew Your Vows uniform only really makes his web shot spread to help clear mook groups faster, but Punisher's Noir uniform replaces his slow grenade shotgun regular attacks with faster firing dual pistols and changes his third skill from a damage buff into a rapid-fire attack. Superior Spider-Man might almost as well be a new character compared to Doctor Octopus. Definitely use Preview Skill to check them out, which you can do even if you don't own them. I think just about the only uniform I've heard of not using in favor of the base (for other than aesthetic reasons) is SPIDOC, because it lowers the amount of Mind damage he does, which is something that can be boosted with the fifth gear slot. Also note that if a uniform changes a character's type (Combat -> Blaster, say), you still have to use their base type of Norn Stones to master them. So no dipping into your well of Norn Stones of Energy to power up Blingpin.

The daily free draw hero chest might say that it can contain 1-4 star heroes, but the daily one will only ever be a 1-star hero; this is because players tend to want to keep a team for 1-3 star Battleworld, and the various number star hero boxes immediately raise the rank of a duplicate hero to whatever the value is. So the freebie is limited to 1-stars, and once you've filled up your roster, you'll only get duplicates, which means it's basically an 8 bios selector a day. Due to the 1-star character pool, you can count on getting relatively few Universal selectors, bar freakish luck streaks - the only two 1-star characters are Ghost Rider and Singularity. The Speed pool is the largest, followed by the Combat and then the Blaster types. This is just something to consider when going for rarer characters - Black Cat is far easier to (slowly) boost through daily boxes than Loki.

Giant-Man is one of the easiest character to farm in the game by far. He's got a special mission, so you can potentially farm his stage for over an hour, and he also has a chance to be a shifter on his stage, which can net additional bios. M.O.D.O.K. and Ultron are also very easy, with special missions, shifters (enemy and ally, respectively), and multiple story missions. Speaking of shifters, I didn't see that in the OP, but it's easy enough to discover in the game - story missions (and some special missions) have chances to drop in Shifters, who are either NPC allies or additional bosses. When you complete a stage you get a bio for the shifter(s) in question - except that they made the Special Mission shifters only have a chance to drop one, I don't know. Ally Shifters can show up in any story mission, Enemy Shifters can't show up in Chapter 1-3 (and by extension, double shifters of ally/enemy can't happen before Chapter 4, either), and they also cannot be the stage boss (so Green Goblin can't be an Enemy Shifter if the main boss is Green Goblin). You can have up to 10 Ally Shifters and 10 Enemy Shifters appear daily. Special Mission Ally Shifters work a little different - they just have a stock chance to show up, but don't count towards the limit. The Shifter list is the same up through chapter 8, but chapters 9-10 draw from the Agents of Shield instead. Melinda May is a possibility, but as she is not a playable character (she's a summon skill for Coulson), she neither drops bios nor uses the daily limit.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

How about a Rarity List, so we know who's rare and who's not?

Also, in the store right now are She-Hulk, Sister Grimm, and Singularity Packages for 2,500 Crystals each. Are any/all of those 3 worth buying?

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

Kheldarn posted:

How about a Rarity List, so we know who's rare and who's not?

Also, in the store right now are She-Hulk, Sister Grimm, and Singularity Packages for 2,500 Crystals each. Are any/all of those 3 worth buying?

I can do a rarity list no problem. And i like she-hulk and Grimm a lot. She-Hulk can solo Chapter 10 auto play by herself with ease. All 3 of these chars are very rare.

Hogama
Sep 3, 2011
Well, here's a Reddit guide to farming that's a pretty decent listing.

It doesn't quite take into account that selectors obtained through the daily box can be used towards any character (as long as they're of the proper type), though. That makes She-Hulk and Sister Grimm easier to raise over time than Singularity.

As I understand it, She-Hulk is incredible at smashing (better than the other Hulks), Sister Grimm's a solid Blaster (with an upcoming costume, too), and Singularity is underwhelming. Not many have them raised that high because of their scarcity, though.

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

how the gently caress do i get nico minoru

also, superior spock owns and i recommend doctor octopus in and out of that costume. spidey is okay but superior is kickass

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

I can confirm that She Hulk not only rules, but also throws a taxi at stuff, making her I think the game's only caromancer.

Nico and the Velvet Underground comes from battleground or whaling. She's called Sister Grimm in this game for some reason.

Greywords
Oct 17, 2008

Where we're going, we won't need eyes to Select Warp.

Kelp Plankton posted:

also, superior spock owns and i recommend doctor octopus in and out of that costume. spidey is okay but superior is kickass

I second this statement. Ock out of uniform (still don't know if I'm gonna get it or save. Or get Throot) has been a great anchor for auto-runs.

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan
This thread is already chock full of aspergers that is probably terrifying and confusing to a new player, but as someone who has put the minimum amount of effort or caring into this game I can say that you get a ton of poo poo for free and you can push three buttons to kill everything. And once you three star a level you can farm the level as it plays itself.

Also you can play as big fat Spiderman MODOK and there's plenty of waifus if that's your thing.

PROTIP: if you die in a mission the game realizes you suck and gives you a level 30 three star character for free

Darke GBF
Dec 30, 2006

The cold never bothered me anyway~
This game sucks also I play it sometimes but there's no X-Mans in it, which sucks.

When can we expect Doctor Doom to be added, so he can be as great as he was in Marble Zeroes 2015 at launch?

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord

Darke GBF posted:

This game sucks also I play it sometimes but there's no X-Mans in it, which sucks.

When can we expect Doctor Doom to be added, so he can be as great as he was in Marble Zeroes 2015 at launch?

MR GAZ got in trouble for celebrating mutants and fantastic fourers in their game and I don't think NetMarbles wants to be on that same poo poo list so never.

Tiny Chalupa
Feb 14, 2012
Whelp there goes what little free time I have

Mr. Maggy
Aug 17, 2014
i main nazi coat, angry floating baby and iron bulge

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

StarkRavingMad posted:

This thread is already chock full of aspergers that is probably terrifying and confusing to a new player, but as someone who has put the minimum amount of effort or caring into this game I can say that you get a ton of poo poo for free and you can push three buttons to kill everything. And once you three star a level you can farm the level as it plays itself.

Also you can play as big fat Spiderman MODOK and there's plenty of waifus if that's your thing.

PROTIP: if you die in a mission the game realizes you suck and gives you a level 30 three star character for free

That pro tip is solid and I'm adding it to the OP now. I'm gonna do a tips section.

I think the best thing we can do right now is do mini-reviews for characters (like Superior Spidey, thank you kelp and others who have recommended him) so people know who rocks.

Also, Nico Minoru comes out as a costume this month! Check out the video in the OP for her look and some of her new skills.

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

Mr. Maggy posted:

i main nazi coat, angry floating baby and iron bulge

drat, I really need to level up my Nazi Coat. Dude shoots an ectoplasm gun and it owns.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

SUN GOD AVATAR posted:

That pro tip is solid and I'm adding it to the OP now. I'm gonna do a tips section.

I think the best thing we can do right now is do mini-reviews for characters (like Superior Spidey, thank you kelp and others who have recommended him) so people know who rocks.

Also, Nico Minoru comes out as a costume this month! Check out the video in the OP for her look and some of her new skills.

I suggest you refrain from your usual MH naming, so that those who don't play the game know what's going on. This thread shouldn't be full of MH in-jokes, and should provide links to download the app on iOS/Android, like any other phone game thread.

Tiny Chalupa
Feb 14, 2012
Who do you recommend for your hero you pick after the first tutorial?
Vision, goat rider or what?
11 to choose from

rizzen
Apr 25, 2011

I'm afraid I'm going to need a strict hero tier list to follow so I can sperg the gently caress out with minimal time investment.

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

Vision could be a smart choice because a) his costume is always 750 gems and b) his costume transforms him into a universal type, which means you can use him in both battleworld brackets. Same as for Groot, but stume costs less.

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

Kheldarn posted:

I suggest you refrain from your usual MH naming, so that those who don't play the game know what's going on. This thread shouldn't be full of MH in-jokes, and should provide links to download the app on iOS/Android, like any other phone game thread.

In time, believe me, I will nickname all these saps of characters. Never fear. Links to download incoming.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

It was like she was evicting walking garbage.
Pillbug

Tiny Chalupa posted:

Who do you recommend for your hero you pick after the first tutorial?
Vision, goat rider or what?
11 to choose from

pick the best babes and only follow that as advice

• Locked thread