Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

SUN GOD AVATAR posted:

Gameplay

Here’s some cool videos that show that for a phone game, this isn’t too shabby at all.

Alliance Battle: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_3a4gDDAODQ Black Widow starts it off and absolutely dominates showing her awesome skills. I can’t believe Black Widow is actually…good in this???

Intro Level Story Mode: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8k4Afqd4tFg Black Widow once again. This shows a somewhat Marvel Ultimate Alliance vibe, which is what story is all about.

Battleworld PvP: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-3B2WSCUaf8 Spoderman iframes galore. Dude is practically invulnerable over here. Mr. Gaz, take notes. This is one of my favorite modes in a phone game.

Villain Siege: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o-c8SZlR0AU Rules. Long video, but watch first few minutes. Punisher rules and feels devastating.

:laffo:

thank god there is a button for the game to play itself if this intense and amazing gameplay is too much for you to handle

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

Game is hard sir and it caters to quadriplegics. This is a revolution in phone machine gaming.

Also, lots of guys liking Superior Spidey. Here's a cool review posted on the interwebs:

quote:

Superior Spider-Man: Otto Octavius

Overview:

Superior Spider-Man is a combat character with mid range stats but high survivability due to i-Frame attacks. He has lower cooldowns allowing him to uses skills with no gap if planned out.

Uniform:

Activate Ratio: While dodging

Apply to: Self

Increase damage by 120% for 1 times.(5 Sec.)

Gears:

1st: Phy Att. by LV, then All Attack or Phy Attack on down

2nd: All Defense

3rd: All Dodge (to activate uniform ability)

4th: Crit Rate (Crit Dmg is second stat and we still don't know what Defense Penetration really does)

5th: Booster Dodge (to activate uniform ability)

ISO 8-Set:

(Best) Hawk's Eye: Attack set with bonus to dodge

(Second Best) Power of the Angry Hulk: Attack set with three Chaotic Gems, make sure you get a dodge bonus on all three

(Third Best) Overdrive: Best all around Attack Set

How to Play him:

Cycle his skills to keep him constantly attacking.

Skill 1 (Web Caught, 6 second Cooldown, Physical): Hop in and poke with mechanical spider legs, Kick off and backflip then web up to 5 foes. Any web attack is great but this one is unsafe on the starting animations so make sure you are clear. That being said it should be used often to keep the enemy trapped. Bonus Damage scales well.

Skill 2 (Final Embrace, 8 second Cooldown, Physical): Jump back and web, pull yourself in for an attack. Low damage at low levels but scales well. Should be used only as part of a combo unless you have it at a high level or you can use it to keep yourself mobile while attacking.

Skill 3 (Spiderlings, 10 second Cooldown, Physical): Leap backwards and summon six Spiderlings that home in and attack. They home in and do a single attack. this should be used whenever you can or as part of the combo string below.

Passive (Mutagenic Growth): Physical Attack +5%↑ Nice bonus, nothing special

Skill 5 (From the Sky, 11 second Cooldown, Physical): Web off screen and then descend on the Foes and pick them up off the screen then slam them down. Activates "Hit the Mark: Ignore Dodge 100% 1 sec." and can pick up multiple foes. 403% of Physical damage and bonus damage scales well. This attack will not pickup enemies in Team Up play but it does do damage. Use this often, it has i-Frames and does massive damage.

Skill 6 (Arachnophobia, 13 second Cooldown, Physical): Web away and return with lasers as a swooping attack then a swinging attack then another laser attack. Hits upto 10 times on a single foe and can hit many foes at once. i-Frame attack. Damage scales poorly. Low cooldown for a 6★ skill means you can work it in during combos more often.

Leadership (Critical Electric Arm): All team members, HP +30%↑ Not bad but I would not use him as my leader

Combos:

1,5 (Web them, slam them)

1, 5, 3, 2, 6, 1, 3, 2 repeat

Pros: A lot of fun to play, Combat version of Spider-Man, i-Frame attacks, Mid range cooldowns with long skills means very few normal attacks. Bonus damage when dodging. Good team options (Essence of Evil with Kingpin and Ultron, This one doubles with Arachnophobia with Kingpin - Tree, Bird, Octopus with Groot and Mockingbird - Mechanical Mayhem with Ultron and Ironman - Sinisters with Green Goblin and Venom)

Cons: Good not great damage from him. No skills worth taking to a high level unless he is in your primary team.

Conclusion: One of my personal favorites to play with fun unconventional teams.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
Within a week of starting the game, it gave me a level 30 Sharon Carter, and I just coasted along on her for ages. Only in chapter 6 so I actually have to put effort into playing.

Tiny Chalupa
Feb 14, 2012
So many heroes. Already get a 3 star too. Choices choices

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Associate Justice Lena "Kegels" Dunham: An uncool thought to have: 'is that guy walking in the dark behind me a rapist? Never mind, he's Asian.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK posted:

:laffo:

thank god there is a button for the game to play itself if this intense and amazing gameplay is too much for you to handle

I'm frankly amazed he can hit the autoplay button without loving it up

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010
VIP cap is level 15. Please edit the OP accordingly :colbert:

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

If you don't know who to get, get Doctor Octopus

he's the most fun dude

And then later you can upgrade him to superior Spidey

But the important thing is eight limb fat man owns

Lechtansi
Mar 23, 2004

Item Get
I don't know how much fun this game is going to be without Gaz loving it up every other week. Oh well, seems like a fun phone game though. Level 30 venom is wrecking poo poo. (i failed the second mission, thanks groots)

Tiny Chalupa
Feb 14, 2012
Went green goblin. Bombs

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

Tiny Chalupa posted:

Went green goblin. Bombs

Drythe was saying he was one of the strongest in game. Their "oforum" confirmed this to be true.

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010
Whale today. Only 60 bucks to get all this.

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

They had some sweet triple crystal deals for thanksgiving, so I'm gonna keep some powder dry for the inevitable Christmassukkahnzaa deals.

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

Holyshoot posted:

Whale today. Only 60 bucks to get all this.

$8,440 to go until VIP15 man. You can do it.

Superior Spidey just rocks in this. Mr. Gaz, come on.

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

Few spoilers I was just searching for that may have some future characters. Looking good as Nico and Singularity were recently released so maybe these others are coming too?

http://imgur.com/a/AZu52
http://imgur.com/a/7GZxs

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010
just solo'd the guys team with superior spidey in time battle. That CC web skill is op as gently caress.

PureRok
Mar 27, 2010

Good as new.

Holyshoot posted:

just solo'd the guys team with superior spidey in time battle. That CC web skill is op as gently caress.

It pisses me off whenever I see Spider-Man. This makes me feel horrible since he's my favorite superhero.

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

PureRok posted:

It pisses me off whenever I see Spider-Man. This makes me feel horrible since he's my favorite superhero.

Only hero I think twice about versing in PvP is Yellowjacket.

It's why I 5 starred him so if I see one, I'm bringing one in too.

PureRok
Mar 27, 2010

Good as new.
Staying up into the wee hours of the morning, eating a roll from the local deli, all to play marbles.

Prel
Jan 12, 2012

Gaz should add auto play.

Greywords
Oct 17, 2008

Where we're going, we won't need eyes to Select Warp.

Prel posted:

Gaz should add auto play.

This, but unironically.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
is this and the marvel heroes thread now forming some kind of irony feedback loop

BabyFur Denny
Mar 18, 2003
I wanted to join the Alliance but it is full :( kick some of those non-yellows

Mr. Maggy
Aug 17, 2014
No MODOK, No Alliance spot, that's the new rule

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

I'm not sure if this has been mentioned already, but it's so important that I'm going to risk being redundant anyway:

Eventually your inventory will fill up, and you'll think "hey why don't I sell some crappy 1-star iso-8s" and also the game will give you a handy popup that takes you to your inventory, where you could do this.

By selling them one at a time.

Or you can go to the team screen, click on one of your dudes, click on iso-8, and then it lets you sell up to 20 at a time. This is an amazing 20-fold productivity increase!

EzEight
Jan 21, 2014
Mind making some space in the Goon Alliance?

Got a 6* Black Panther and the pubbie guild I'm in is sorta boring.

Tiny Chalupa
Feb 14, 2012
So how exactly do the biometrics work on missions?
I have a ultron one at 3/3 I've done it repeatedly, on auto, and haven't gotten any to drop. This just lovely luck?
Also random dimensional ally, like falcon, just means I complete the mission and get a shard from them right?

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

EzEight posted:

Mind making some space in the Goon Alliance?

Got a 6* Black Panther and the pubbie guild I'm in is sorta boring.

I wish the goon alliance had more than drat 30 spots available. That's all it is.

We have enough people for a second alliance and I hope we can do that for now until Netmarble expands alliance slots.

Once Netmarble expands slots, we can just combine everything again. If anybody can make the second guild, I can add it to the OP and drive people to join.

Fat Samurai
Feb 16, 2011

To go quickly is foolish. To go slowly is prudent. Not to go; that is wisdom.
Started playing today, that's a surprising amount of energy they send your way.

What are good early targets for ranking and/or mastery? The first three have a lot of tokens available early, but I was wondering whether there are any "must have" pokemons.

Erdricks
Sep 8, 2005

There's nothing refreshing like a sauna!

Erdricks
Sep 8, 2005

There's nothing refreshing like a sauna!
bulge looks disappointing so far. 0/10.

Lechtansi
Mar 23, 2004

Item Get
Very disappointed in the goons so far. I got groot and did not receive an immediate in the to the alliance

Chinook
Apr 11, 2006

SHODAI

Started this a few days ago. Thanks for the awesome OP.

My IGN is CirrusPaxton. I promise to send funbux every time I log in. At the moment I only have lots of Korean in game buddies, and they don't send me high fives.

I joined some crummy pubbie guild so I have to wait 24 hours to join another, but I'd really like to join a goon guild if a second one gets put together.

Hogama
Sep 3, 2011

Tiny Chalupa posted:

So how exactly do the biometrics work on missions?
I have a ultron one at 3/3 I've done it repeatedly, on auto, and haven't gotten any to drop. This just lovely luck?
Also random dimensional ally, like falcon, just means I complete the mission and get a shard from them right?

Drops from the boss are random. It can be a big energy drain if the RNG isn't favoring you. (Used to be you could only try 3 times a day per mission, and it'd be on a higher level version of the same stage (we had Normal and Elite), but now you can keep going until you pick up all the daily biometric drops.)

Yes, the random ally will always give you their biometric when you complete the stage. At least, in story missions. The special missions (like the Ant-Man missions) won't guarantee a drop.

Fat Samurai posted:

Started playing today, that's a surprising amount of energy they send your way.

What are good early targets for ranking and/or mastery? The first three have a lot of tokens available early, but I was wondering whether there are any "must have" pokemons.

The starter team is honestly pretty solid, but Black Widow and Captain America are fairly late bloomers. The 2099 uniforms are a nice investment, particularly for the Cap.
Of the first four story chapters (leveling starts slowing down noticeably in the mid-20s, so the higher level chapters might take some time to tackle), besides the starters: Vision's a good Blaster. Ultron is a good Universal. Venom, Doctor Octopus and Kingpin are good Combats. Spider-Man, Green Goblin and Daredevil are good Speeds. M.O.D.O.K. is M.O.D.O.K, why don't you already have him? Vision and Kingpin can become strong Universal and Blaster types with their respective uniforms.

Of the Special missions, Groot is a good Combat whose 3rd skill creates a healing area for your team and whose uniform makes him a Universal with immunity to lightning damage. Ronan is a good Universal whose leadership bonus powers up a team of Universals.
Giant-Man is a good Combat who's the easiest to farm in the game (his stage can have a Giant-Man ally shifter, which speeds up his biometric drops). Yellowjacket is a good Blaster (and running his stage can result in Ant-Man and Wasp ally Shifters, too).

You'll want to focus on at least one character (though preferably at least one team's worth) because additional star ranks are worth more than levels - a level 30 3-star hero is stronger than a level 40 2-star hero, and 5 and 6 stars (where applicable in some cases - they haven't finished handing out 6-star skills to all the cast) are an even more dramatic boost. Make sure you've done your "fail a mission for a free level 30 3-star hero."

Tiny Chalupa
Feb 14, 2012
Uggggh. Decision paralysis.
Free lvl 30 3 star
Modok, bullseye, venom or big pun?
Maybe red skull
Can't decide
Uuuuuuggggggghhhhh

Edit it was always going to be Modok :/

Tiny Chalupa fucked around with this message at 19:30 on Dec 5, 2015

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

Couple quick things:

- We need somebody to create our 2nd guild. I nominate Throot Force. Got a lot of goons needing a home.

- Marble Hebrons is currently in Top 30% (29% currently) and that has some nice rewards! 10 Lvl 5 XP chips which will level up your guys REALLY fast. It's 30000 XP per chip. 50000 Gold too I think. Let's at least remain in Top 30%. So do your ALLIANCE BATTLE DAILY.

- Don't forget to do those rifts when they open. You'll need the dimension pieces for upgrading your character.

- Not sure who rocks? You can also test a char at lvl 60 and see their stats in Details. Do that.

-

Fat Samurai
Feb 16, 2011

To go quickly is foolish. To go slowly is prudent. Not to go; that is wisdom.

Thanks for that. So team relations aren't important? I was hoping to rock some DD, Iron Fist and Cage :(

Well, I have Iron Man, DD and Doc. Oc at 3 stars, I'll probably go with that and maybe Giant Man if he's easy to grind.

How many tokens to 6-star a hero?

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

Fat Samurai posted:

Thanks for that. So team relations aren't important? I was hoping to rock some DD, Iron Fist and Cage :(

Well, I have Iron Man, DD and Doc. Oc at 3 stars, I'll probably go with that and maybe Giant Man if he's easy to grind.

80 bios to go from 3 to 4.
160 bios to go from 4 to 5.
320 bios total to go from 5 to 6.

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

Lastly, forgot to mention the 50% XP BOOST EVENT starts in 3 hours. Get it in ladies and germs!

EzEight
Jan 21, 2014
When the game gives you your first 3* I recommend picking Kingpin. Even without his uniform he is incredibly tanky and is a solid investment.

Also he is somewhat hard to farm as you can only get 6 bios a day compared to most characters 9 a day.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hogama
Sep 3, 2011

Fat Samurai posted:

Team relations are very good - each team bonus you see applies to the whole team. So Daredevil, Luke Cage, and Iron Fist get Hello Hell's Kitchen, Power of the Fist, I'm Daredevil, and whatever "All X-star hero" bonus is applicable. So with all three at 3-star, you'll get, just from having those three on a team together: All Attack +7.2%, All Defense +2.2%, Critical Rate +8.9%, Attack Speed +4.3%, Defense Penetration +4.2%, Cooldown Time -14%. Luke Cage is supposed to be pretty good at high stars, Iron Fist is just on the weaker side for a character with a 6-star skill from my understanding, so I wouldn't recommend him outside a team like that. But that's a fine team!

Also of note with team-up bonuses: you get an extra button in missions that lets you execute an extra team-up attack with a 2-minute cooldown, but only with members who form a team-up bonus, so if your team was, say, Daredevil and Luke Cage and Black Widow, the button wouldn't appear despite Daredevil having teams with both.

It's 20 biometrics to unlock 2-star, 40 biometrics to unlock 3-star, 80 biometrics to unlock 4-star, 160 biometrics to unlock 5-star, 320 biometrics to unlock 6-star. Additive. So starting with a newly unlocked 1-star, it's 620 biometrics to 6-star. (And then you start needing biometrics for the top-of-the-line gear upgrades, too.)

• Locked thread