Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ICR
Dec 31, 2008

I am in love. 9pm eastern can't come soon enough. Channel 859 tonight everybody. We will have a lot to talk about for sure.

And having Strange be an auto t2 is canon. He is the god drat burrito supreme so it makes total sense.

I will begin my journey asap.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

Can't wait to T2 Shannon and Boone, BD Wong, Dann Florek, Le Chiffre, David Bowie, Siegfried, and Roy.

Mr. Meagles
Apr 30, 2004

Out here, everything hurts

punchymcpunch posted:

Can't wait to T2 Shannon and Boone, BD Wong, Dann Florek, Le Chiffre, David Bowie, Siegfried, and Roy.

it took so little time to coin perfect nicknames

Kegslayer
Jul 23, 2007
I'm sorry but Wong will always be Kublai Khan :colbert:

Mr. Maggy
Aug 17, 2014
Gotta max waifu carlos santana

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

Kegslayer posted:

I'm sorry but Wong will always be Errol :colbert:

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
Is Clea finally going to be a good pet character? And T2 Ancient One basically makes T2 Warwolf obsolete.

Also worth mentioning Clea and Satana are monthly selectors only but can be gotten through the new mode like Gwenpool.

EDIT: I thought Hellstrom being "Hellstorm" was a typo but I guess that's his new alias in comics?

RatHat fucked around with this message at 16:44 on Oct 25, 2016

Greywords
Oct 17, 2008

Where we're going, we won't need eyes to Select Warp.

RatHat posted:

And T2 Ancient One basically makes T2 Warwolf obsolete.

Nah, makes T2 Ronan obsolete. T2 Welf + T2 Ancient One will be hilarious.

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

:ducksiren: It's happening! A new thread will dawn upon us tonight. :ducksiren:

This seems like the right time to do this. We have a fantastic new patch coming that's going to catapult us to 90+ characters very soon. The game has changed a ton as well since the original OP.

And I need your help!

1. What will be our new thread title? Please post your nomination.

2. Please post helpful suggestions for new and returning players,or ANYTHING YOU WANT to see in the OP that should be there. Resource guides, tips, etc.

Let's get crackin'. I'm beyond hype for this new patch. New content AND chars? YES PLS!

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

Greywords posted:

Nah, makes T2 Ronan obsolete. T2 Welf + T2 Ancient One will be hilarious.

Eh, with T2 Groot as well you're looking at 3 out of 5 Battleworld slots used by buff characters.

The man called M
Dec 25, 2009

THUNDERDOME ULTRALOSER

1.Future Fight: The Infinity Whaling

2. Make your Hero's Journey guy Loki.

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

RatHat posted:

EDIT: I thought Hellstrom being "Hellstorm" was a typo but I guess that's his new alias in comics?

I think it was in the 90's as well, because I remember being vaguely confused as to why his superhero name was a typo.

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

SUN GOD AVATAR posted:

:ducksiren:
2. Please post helpful suggestions for new and returning players,or ANYTHING YOU WANT to see in the OP that should be there. Resource guides, tips, etc.

This guy explains how to do Shadowland with a non-whale roster so I feel like that's pretty useful stuff.

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord
Carlos Santana is going to carry me to victory in her beautiful firey arms.

Adult Sword Owner
Jun 19, 2011

u deserve diploma for sublime comedy expertise
Strange's makeup on fleek af

Gibbering Madness
Nov 7, 2009

69 69 69 68
Future Fight: if loving you is Wong, then I don't wanna be White Tiger

Adult Sword Owner
Jun 19, 2011

" Fixed an issue with Daisy Johnson’s skill ‘More Bang for your Punch’ where its usage does not decrease the buff in certain conditions."

So it'll actually decrease per hit like it's supposed to? Get poo poo on buff teams

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

I'm guessing it means it will use up the buff even if you animation cancel your attack. You could just animation cancel and it would apply to the skill but not use up 1 "hit" of the buff.

Adult Sword Owner
Jun 19, 2011

fart simpson posted:

I'm guessing it means it will use up the buff even if you animation cancel your attack. You could just animation cancel and it would apply to the skill but not use up 1 "hit" of the buff.

Oh poo poo I did not know that

Too late now I guess :<

Xenochrist
Sep 11, 2006

Sweet: update with new poo poo and cool poo poo happenin
Not Sweet: the game goes down for maintenance on a day when i have nothing to do at work

thechalkoutline
Jul 8, 2006

How has no one mentioned that we're finally getting a HOME BUTTON??

QOL runner-up:

quote:

You will be able to Enhance/Combine/Awaken [ISO-8] in the Inventory window

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY
Marvel Future Fight: All The Waifus You Would Need

Or

Future Fight: We Whale so MADAM Notices Us

Hogama
Sep 3, 2011
Update trailer.

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

I'm happy to see some new fire damage characters since I just got Red Hulk up to 6 stars this week.

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

Future Fight: I got 90+ characters but a mutant ain't one.

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

I have all the characters except Carnage and Hyperion and I don't think a mutant is one of them, yeah.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

fart simpson posted:

I'm happy to see some new fire damage characters since I just got Red Hulk up to 6 stars this week.

Too bad Satana has the same leadership.

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

Holy gently caress Satanfu looked loving bad rear end in that trailer. Very Scarlet Witchesque.

La Diablofu.
My beelzefu.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

SUN GOD AVATAR posted:

I like this one.

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

Thanks sir. I wanted to somehow incorporate Wong in there too since he is the coolest.

To Wong Foo: Thanks for everything, Netmarbu.

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

RatHat posted:

Too bad Satana has the same leadership.

It's OK it could end up being useful to have multiple good teams for Shadowland or hell, maybe even these new Doctor Strange missions.

Greywords
Oct 17, 2008

Where we're going, we won't need eyes to Select Warp.

RatHat posted:

Eh, with T2 Groot as well you're looking at 3 out of 5 Battleworld slots used by buff characters.

Well if you're looking at Battleworld, there will usually be requirements limiting your buff characters anyway, exception being Male, because I believe all the (real) buff characters are male right now.

Groot is Combat, Universal.
Welf is Combat only
Ancient One is Blast only (possibly universal with uni?)
Ronan is Universal only
Wasp is not a true buff char, but since her T2 is party wide, she's Blast only. And the only female on the list.

To be fair, you probably won't use Ronan. But you have 2 combat, 2 (3?) universal and 2 Blast. Since type is more common a solo limiter than gender, you'll still probably do Groot+Welf more than Groot+AO.

SUN GOD AVATAR posted:

Also voting for this one.

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

I have to say Netmarbu has done an incredibly good job making chars relevant. Shadowlands to me showed Marbu had their finger on the pulse on a major problem:

"How do we get players to want to T2 or max a char when somebody like Sharon and WB exist?"

So they made shadowlands and started creating counters for other characters.

That to me shows competency and keeps me incredibly invested in this game. They had this dull period of maybe 3 months where the patches were bland and I saw stagnancy.

Now, I'm loving all their recent patches and am considering new choices like a T2 Ghost Rider and Green Goblin so I can be better in Battleworld and Shadowlands.

I'm pumped for the new content.

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

You'll hit your head and say: 'Boy, how stupid could I have been. A moron could've figured this out. I must be a real dimwit. A pathetic nimnal. A wretched idiotic excuse for a human being for not having figured these simple puzzles out in the first place...As usual, you've been a real pantload!
Just got back from seeing Dr. Strange here in Taiwan. God drat impressive visuals in that movie. I usually don't like/care about 3D but that movie made the most of it and was really fun to watch in 3D.

I hope they have a level that plays off the visuals during the New York chase sequence.

I'd rate it as better than AntMan, with a very similar vibe in terms of overall tone and awareness of the property. If you thought the toy train fight sequence in Antman was awesome you'll probably be very happy with some of the stuff in Dr. Strange.

Bonus spoiler, cameo related: Nico's mom is a sorcerer in the movie, she doesn't do anything but I caught her holding the Staff of One in the background of a shot. Kinda cool. Doctor Voodoo is there too.

PaybackJack fucked around with this message at 20:32 on Oct 25, 2016

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008
MFF: My Nazi/Satan team's looking good.

MFF: What doesn't kill you makes you...Stranger.

MFF: Cumberbitches leave

Erdricks
Sep 8, 2005

There's nothing refreshing like a sauna!
Is it just me, or is ancient one set to be exceedingly op?

Also, does cd reduction effect the cd periods of passive abilities?

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

Erdricks posted:

Is it just me, or is ancient one set to be exceedingly op?

Also, does cd reduction effect the cd periods of passive abilities?

No.

Take the plunge! Okay!
Feb 24, 2007

C. Everett Koop posted:

MFF: My Nazi/Satan team's looking good.

This one

rizzen
Apr 25, 2011

Oh my, a new patch! I was just wondering this morning when the hell they were going to release it. Stranger Danger looks pretty drat hella sweet.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Erdricks
Sep 8, 2005

There's nothing refreshing like a sauna!

Perm invul at t1 + self heal on 6* not do anything for you ?

• Locked thread