Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Skoll
Jul 26, 2013

Oh You'll Love My Toxic Love
Grimey Drawer
:pgi: would probably make a boatload of money if they sold the Atlas II since canonically a couple were spotted on Tukayyid.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pattonesque
Jul 15, 2004
johnny jesus and the infield fly rule

Skoll posted:

:pgi: would probably make a boatload of money if they sold the Atlas II since canonically a couple were spotted on Tukayyid.

I feel like the Kodiak is their next big moneymaker

TerminalBlue
Aug 13, 2005

I LIVE
I DIE
I LIVE AGAIN

WITNESS ME!!
JENNER IIC

SON OF A BITCH

gently caress YOU PGI I'M NOT COMING BACK I DON'T CARE HOW MANY BEAUTIFUL MECHS YOU TRY TO SELL ME

teepo
Oct 14, 2004

yospos
i'd buy a jenner iic right now if i were able to get the 4th variant but pgi is bad at business, literally

Skoll
Jul 26, 2013

Grimey Drawer

Pattonesque posted:

The sad thing is I would probably buy one if the game continues to be fun.

Marijuana Nihilist
Aug 27, 2015

by Smythe
lol pretty dumb

Coolwhoami
Sep 13, 2007

teepo posted:

i'd buy a jenner iic right now if i were able to get the 4th variant but pgi is bad at business, literally

I have to assume that preorder bonus variant will be available eventually but while I can potentially see why extra premium time isn't a good way anymore if purchasing is done predominantly by whales (as they probably have a large amount of banked time), this seems like a really obnoxious way to encourage preorders rather than cosmetic stuff.

Bubbacub
Apr 17, 2001

Nickiepoo posted:

iirc you got the Cent AH if you're bad with money (like me).

I've actually had a lot of fun with the AH once I swapped the LRMs for SRMs. People ignore you, and then you shoot them in the butt with the autocannon. I thought the stock engine would be too slow, but my biggest problem is running out of ammo.

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

Pattonesque posted:

A kodiac with heavy rockets and I'd buy another top tier package.

Just saying.

Pattonesque
Jul 15, 2004

spacetoaster posted:

A kodiac with heavy rockets and I'd buy another top tier package.

Just saying.

It'd basically be a Clan Atlas if they give it the right quirks, yeah?

PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

He is still almost definitely not a spy

Soiled Meat

Pattonesque posted:

It'd basically be a Clan Atlas if they give it the right quirks, yeah?

Kodiak's a 4/6 in tabletop, so it'd be as fast as the BattleMaster. It'd be the fastest 100-tonner in the game unless they release the Iron Cheetah (lol).

various cheeses
Jan 24, 2013

According to my profile page on MWO, I have 3,384 hours of premium time :staredog:

PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

He is still almost definitely not a spy

Soiled Meat

various cheeses posted:

According to my profile page on MWO, I have 3,384 hours of premium time :staredog:

3,624 :sympathy:

Pattonesque
Jul 15, 2004

PoptartsNinja posted:

Kodiak's a 4/6 in tabletop, so it'd be as fast as the BattleMaster. It'd be the fastest 100-tonner in the game unless they release the Iron Cheetah (lol).

I just want to load one up with the new and improved SRMs, a bunch of small pulse lasers, maybe a UAC20, and tank millions of points of damage on the massive bear arms

Skoll
Jul 26, 2013

Grimey Drawer

PoptartsNinja posted:

Thankfully that's noncanon and will probably never see the light of day outside of Megamek or a miniature kitbash.

Bentai
Jul 8, 2004

NERF THIS!

Banked Premium Time: 6,720 Hours
:confuoot:

various cheeses
Jan 24, 2013

How did I get this much premium time? I only bought the ACH, Marauder, and the Jenner IIC.

Anticheese
Feb 13, 2008

$60,000,000 sexbot
:rodimus:

I have so much premium time. :negative:

Ardlen
Sep 30, 2005
WoT

If you bought them early enough, some packages came with a month of premium time.

TipsyMcStagger
Apr 13, 2013

This isn't where
I parked my car...
So I have the following:

Lights:
Artic Cheetah (currently getting to master)
Adders,
Spiders, (Mastered)
Locusts
Ravens
Jenners

Medium:
Blackjacks (Mastered)
hunchies (Mastered)
centurions (Mastered)
wolverines (Mastered)
nova
storms (Mastered)
Cics (Mastered)
Shadows (Elited)
Griffs
Trebs (Mastered)

Heavy:
Dragons
Cataphracts
Jaggers
Timbers
Summoners
Thunderbolts

Assaults:
Atlas (mastered)
Dires
battle
stalkers (Mastered)
warhawks

Wondering what mechs i should look at unlocking first or buying and unlocking. What do you guys like to pilot? I like mediums mostly

TeeMerk
Jun 9, 2013

TipsyMcStagger posted:

So I have the following:

Lights:

Spiders, (Mastered)

my spider bro

Sharks Dont Sleep
Mar 4, 2009

In pairing luxury automobiles with large predatory felines we have achieved reality ahead of schedule.

TipsyMcStagger posted:

So I have the following:

Lights:
Artic Cheetah (currently getting to master)
Adders,
Spiders, (Mastered)
Locusts
Ravens
Jenners

Medium:
Blackjacks (Mastered)
hunchies (Mastered)
centurions (Mastered)
wolverines (Mastered)
nova
storms (Mastered)
Cics (Mastered)
Shadows (Elited)
Griffs
Trebs (Mastered)

Heavy:
Dragons
Cataphracts
Jaggers
Timbers
Summoners
Thunderbolts

Assaults:
Atlas (mastered)
Dires
battle
stalkers (Mastered)
warhawks

Wondering what mechs i should look at unlocking first or buying and unlocking. What do you guys like to pilot? I like mediums mostly

Do you have that relatively new ECM Griffon? Might as well master those as the SRM buffs benefit them.

Otherwise you really don't need to be buying any new mechs. I guess maybe try the Banshee-3E and just wait for the IIC jenners and hunchbacks to be on sale for cbills.

TipsyMcStagger
Apr 13, 2013

This isn't where
I parked my car...

Sharks Dont Sleep posted:

Do you have that relatively new ECM Griffon? Might as well master those as the SRM buffs benefit them.

Otherwise you really don't need to be buying any new mechs. I guess maybe try the Banshee-3E and just wait for the IIC jenners and hunchbacks to be on sale for cbills.

Nah,

I have that first clans pack of griffins which didn't have that one. I might do those ones after arctic cheetah.

Just more looking for what are good mechs that people like to play right now.

Are the gargoyles/Executioners/Hellbringers any good? I don't really like assaults much but was thinking of drudging through the dire wolf ones for DAKKA WOLFS

Coolwhoami
Sep 13, 2007
Well that certainly explains why they're shying away from that as a preorder bonus

barkbell
Apr 14, 2006

woof
timberwolf 4 ever

Sharks Dont Sleep
Mar 4, 2009

In pairing luxury automobiles with large predatory felines we have achieved reality ahead of schedule.

TipsyMcStagger posted:

Nah,

I have that first clans pack of griffins which didn't have that one. I might do those ones after arctic cheetah.

Just more looking for what are good mechs that people like to play right now.

Are the gargoyles/Executioners/Hellbringers any good? I don't really like assaults much but was thinking of drudging through the dire wolf ones for DAKKA WOLFS

Oh ok. Well the ECM Griffon is pretty dope right now. Gargoyles are trash. Executioners have only one good build (boat 12 small pulse lasers) but that
build is loving baller as gently caress. Hellbringers are good, kinda not as good as Timbers, but have ECM and a broad range of things you can do with them especially if you know how to exploit ECM.

Captn Kurp
Oct 21, 2013

:bravo2:
I want to play with goons! I haven't played in a long time though so whichever group is more casual I'd like to join! Username is Sweatypitts (:

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

Captn Kurp posted:

I want to play with goons! I haven't played in a long time though so whichever group is more casual I'd like to join! Username is Sweatypitts (:

sent a friend invite

dreadman
Mar 18, 2007
epilepsy is great for washing up
Ok, so lets skip all the goonrathi junk and ill join the casual group - Im in Australia, but the ping seems to be pretty much the same between Oceanic and N. American servers.
Game name is Robodread.

Beraiye
Oct 27, 2014
Wow, guess I'd be pretty pissed too if I had spent as much money on a promise as some of you obviously have... Perhaps some introspection on your own spending habits would prevent you from experiencing so much grief in the future. Games are gonna keep being bad as long as people keep giving money to developers to finance games that publishers refused to invest in. Hint: There's probably a reason they couldn't get money from normal sources. Kickstarting/Crowdfunding is bad, mkay?

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006

The Suffering of the Succotash.

Beraiye posted:

Wow, guess I'd be pretty pissed too if I had spent as much money on a promise as some of you obviously have... Perhaps some introspection on your own spending habits would prevent you from experiencing so much grief in the future. Games are gonna keep being bad as long as people keep giving money to developers to finance games that publishers refused to invest in. Hint: There's probably a reason they couldn't get money from normal sources. Kickstarting/Crowdfunding is bad, mkay?

I have, at a minimum, 6 outstanding crowdfunded games in my steam library.

Devorum
Jul 30, 2005

A.o.D. posted:

I have, at a minimum, 6 outstanding crowdfunded games in my steam library.

I'll go as far as to say that I've gotten more enjoyment from crowdfunded games in the last 2 years than AAA releases.

Rhymenoserous
May 23, 2008
Shadowrun was outstanding.

Finster Dexter
Oct 20, 2014

Beyond is Finster's mad vision of Earth transformed.
Pillars of Eternity and Divinity have been pretty good crowdfunded games.

Basically, as long as you're not Double Fine or PGI or some no-name, there are some decent crowdfunding successes out there now.

Willfrey
Jul 20, 2007

Why don't the poors simply buy more money?
Fun Shoe
Is the mwo section of goonrathi very active? I never registered there

Nickiepoo
Jun 24, 2013

Bubbacub posted:

I've actually had a lot of fun with the AH once I swapped the LRMs for SRMs. People ignore you, and then you shoot them in the butt with the autocannon. I thought the stock engine would be too slow, but my biggest problem is running out of ammo.

It's a good robot but you got it for being a founder sooooo

Ugly John
Jul 18, 2009
[img]https://forums.somethingawful.com/attachment.php?postid=514899866[/img]

Nickiepoo posted:

It's a good robot but you got it for being a founder sooooo

Not necessarily - they gave it out at one point to everyone who had spent some money on the game. I have it and I'm not a founder.

Nickiepoo
Jun 24, 2013

Ugly John posted:

spent some money on the game.

This is what I was going for with 'bad with money' so I guess it still works!

I own the King Crab :(

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006

The Suffering of the Succotash.

Finster Dexter posted:

or some no-name,

I bet gamefaqs wishes this were the case right now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WebDO
Sep 25, 2009

Willfrey posted:

Is the mwo section of goonrathi very active? I never registered there

It's as active as the game is good

• Locked thread