Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth
Game bad, don't play.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth
Anyone remember Transverse?????

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth
If MWO gets review bombed on Steam I'm thinking it will have less to do with some conspiracy and more to do with both the game and developer being huge pieces of poo poo????

Just a thought.

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

sebmojo posted:

Ghost heat is dumb but they could mostly fix it with a big HEAT SPIKE sign.

Ghost heat still exists!?!?!?!?

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

Dusty Lens posted:

The system works.

One title has writing but no game, the other has gameplay but no writing.

Maybe that makes them equal???? They are both half a game and have about half points out of ten!!!

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

Eonwe posted:

post other excellent games with positive steam reviews here so that i can play them

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

Sarsapariller posted:

I've got to say, from an outsider's perspective all the red meat they're throwing to the community in the last two weeks is kind of suspicious. It's either the world's best timing from a company that's never demonstrated the ability, or they held back a lot of fixes that they knew would get people hyped up until just before the Steam release.

A far cry from the days they transitioned from beta to release simply by removing the little tag that said "beta" and absolutely nothing else.

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

Chemical_Ali posted:

God drat it, don't make me do it boys

- A person talking themselves into something.

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth
Remember when Transverse failed and they drew up a quick design document for Community Warfare and it was obvious they had done zero work on it up until that point? Even though had been saying for two years they were working really hard on it? So basically they just lied to people for two years?

Man that was funny.

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

Willfrey posted:

yeah its in the OP

:chillpill:

Sorry didn't read OP.

Just reminiscing about some of the wacky funny times with PGI! Don't know why you think I need to chill...

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

Willfrey posted:

because you post the same crap every 2 pages. the chill pill is ritalin

It's only a five page thread!!!

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

MadWOPR posted:

Also I really hope transverse was one of those idiots baby and it makes them feel deeply sad whenever they think about how hard it failed

Imagine if Transverse had gotten off the ground and D-Smart got it in his sights alongside, or in place of, Star Citizen.

Now that would have been magical.....

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

nightwisher posted:

some of you people are irrationally angry about a bad game released 3 years ago that you "don't play"

Do you consider drive by "game is bad" posts as "irrationally angry"?

Because I haven't seen anyone get real invested in calling it a bad game. Just calling it and leaving for the most part.

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

A.o.D. posted:

I would say that downloading the game, installing it, and playing it for the minimum amount of time just to leave a negative review to be slightly unhinged.

Not that I'm suggesting that a negative review would be wrong, I just can't see how anyone could be justified in being that mad about the game to go through that much effort.

Keep in mind the minimum time we are talking about here is literally 5 minutes. I'd say that's a low effort enterprise in the grand scheme of things.

Note that I have not done this myself.

e: Fun fact: many people think the 5 minute threshold for reviews is too little. But at least one indie developer complained that five minutes was more time than it takes to finish their game so it was unfairly difficult for people to review their product. Just a little lol for you folks.

Meme Poker Party fucked around with this message at 00:56 on Dec 11, 2015

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

Sard posted:

You've driven by over a dozen times now, I dunno man.

Ok, but I do I seem angry? Is there something about my posts that gives you the impression I'm a very angry man? Just because someone posts about a thing they do not like doesn't mean they are just stewing in rage about it. Posters these days seem very quick to think that anyone who disagrees with them must be a very angry person.

Also holey moley was the game always 9 gb? I'm thinking it must have grown a lot, it was like half of that back in the day wasn't it?

Two Beans posted:

Please get screenshots of Paul's tetris scores over the night.

lol

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

armchairyoda posted:

Chomp, you should install the steamy version and hop on mumble with goons.

Anything you say cannot possibly be more angry than Skoll discussing his feelings about ________.

Also, you might have fun. If you go through a 1-round/1-drink rule like I do, you won't even remember it the next day and can stay legit mad.

I'm here to help.

I might on Sunday if I have time.

You know I do like to be fair to things I criticize and it's been a long, loooooong time. Also yes I've gathered Skoll is an angry fellow but that's ok I have thick skin.

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

MadWOPR posted:

Also ghost heat still exists

I had just assumed it was gone at this point because I mean come on it has to be. My face when this thread told me it was still real: :eyepop:

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

Paramemetic posted:

For Huginn and Jenner-D pilots, the brawling never stopped.

In my time playing this game I think 90% of the fun I had was zipping around in light mechs laying into people with SRMs and machine guns.

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth
Are machine guns useable or are they just wastes of space now? I know they were in balance flux for a long time.

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth
I remember one time seeing a guy in a uh... hunckback??? or some german sounding mech just loaded out with 8 machine guns and nothing else. He would wait for lights to attack him and when they did just unload at them and it was just some blinding fury of a million bullets and half the time they would just turn around and run away from it.

Was p funny.

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

Number19 posted:

That would have been a Jagermech and it wouldn't have been very good but it sure would be annoying

I don't know it seemed effective as an anti-light platform. As soon as the armor broke they just disintegrated and lights don't have much armor! Also I think this was back when the hit boxes for light mechs were all kinds of hosed up so quantity over quality was a good shooting strategy.

Great Beer posted:

Wasnt that Tank Boy Ken? He had some build that was 6 MGs, 2 LPL and would eat people with it.

No this wasn't with goons it was just pub match. Long time ago.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth
:trumppop:

• Locked thread