Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Legit Businessman
Sep 2, 2007

Ice Cracker posted:

Yeah, I'm just too braindead to remember the instructions in between reading the post and loading the goonrathi website, so I forgot to put "MWO Refugee" in the comments. What can I do to unfuck this (I submitted for auth yesterday morning)?

Sorry, you only get one shot at this. I don't know how you managed, but I think you've also admitted to setting the Chicago fire, and being the father of Hitler.

You really hosed up that application. :stare:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Legit Businessman
Sep 2, 2007

Lemon Curdistan posted:

Thanks! I wish the Mechlab UI components didn't look so minuscule running at a normal resolution. :v:

e; I guess matchmaking is screwed because of the influx of Steam players? Staring at "searching" for ten minutes without any hits probably isn't going to leave the best of impressions on new players. :v:

Matchmaking is screwed because there aren't really a lot of players, period. :smith:

Legit Businessman
Sep 2, 2007

TipsyMcStagger posted:

I don't get why people complain about ghost heat.

It's to stop the horrible game that it used to be with jump jets and 6 PPCS at once.. it was terrible if you don't remember.

Ghost heat, which still needs some tweaking, is a pretty good fix to keep Alpha strikes of craziness down.

That being said, this recent patch against acceleration and torso twisting was just loving stupid and it would have made more sense for them to double armor per mech and double armor per ton if they actually changed it to increase survive time.

Nobody at "competitive levels" (:suicide:) ever used 6ppc builds. Those were, at best, gimmick build to rile up pubbies with. Poptarting was made worse by ghost heat, because it made brawling worse, which was a semi-reliable counter to poptarting.

You are all sorts of wrong, please stop.

Legit Businessman
Sep 2, 2007

ArchangeI posted:

It's the one thing I simply don't get. Making a Solaris simulator is such a painfully obvious thing that it requires an active effort to not see the appeal. Having a fully fleshed out Solaris mode with c-bill bets and a ladder would solve so many problems with the overall game it is ridiculous. I'm willing to blame a lot of MWO's ills on simple incompetence, but this decision I just can't understand. No one can be that stupid.

Never underestimate the incompetence of :pgi:. People tell them to how to get out of the holes they put themselves in, and they keep tryin' to dig up.

Legit Businessman
Sep 2, 2007

Fil5000 posted:

If you're not running an Atlas with a 350 you're basically the worst.

360 or bust, scrubs (although with the introduction of good Artemis, maybe you can only do a 350, even without lasers in the arms).

Legit Businessman
Sep 2, 2007

Kalaxus posted:

I thought i remembered the Axe man being in beta for certain, must of been bleed over memories of mw4. If the add in melee weapons and the Axe Man later, I'm making smokey the bear tacking on those flamers starting forest fires, hiding in smoke. Until then I guess it's head shots/sweep the leg and M+K control training

I seriously doubt 1) the axeman will ever see release in this game, like ever; and 2) you'll never be able to set trees on fire and generate smoke to obscure things, because; 3) :pgi: lacks the planning and sophistication necessary to make either of those things work.

I think you might be in for a bit of disappointment. The game is very limited in what it can do. But it does those things on a c/c+ level. :unsmith:

Legit Businessman
Sep 2, 2007

KodiakRS posted:

Just assigning one person to be the group leader so you don't all split up and get slaughtered helps immensely. Even a poo poo plan is better than no plan.

Team work is op. This game is loving miserable if people are just off doing their own thing.

Legit Businessman
Sep 2, 2007

Oh Snapple! posted:

I've been doing CW today because matches happened pretty rapidly and gently caress it, cbill gains are good, and after my last two I'm convinced that TCAF folks are immense cowards who won't spearhead a push to save their lives/win a game. Games went pretty drat good until I ended up dropping with them twice in a row.

Tcaf are :downs:, but they are Liao, so it's sort of endearing.

But yeah, they've always been pretty poo poo. I can't imagine what they'd be like now that we're in the dark ages of teamwork.

Legit Businessman
Sep 2, 2007

ZenVulgarity posted:

Answer me!!!

Don't buy champion mechs because the premium you pay for increased xp gain is loving worthless, you bad.

Legit Businessman
Sep 2, 2007

Number19 posted:

The Monday workday is not over yet.

Do you guys have no idea how to manage expectations? If you're going to wait until the end of the day to release the notes, just say they are going to be released on tuesday, then magically astound people with your competence by releasing them late on monday.

Is this sort of poo poo lostech at :pgi:?

Legit Businessman
Sep 2, 2007

Eldragon posted:

I'm not letting myself get worked up about this game again, but really every group drop should have a yellboss, and everyone else listens; for weal or woe. Maybe the yellboss is good, maybe the yellboss is bad. I don't give a gently caress. I just hate seeing goons pull defeat from the jaws of victory because no one tries to yellboss and no one bothers to listen.

This game is loving miserable if you're not going to use teamwork (and by teamwork, I mean shoot motherfucker x when someone says shoot motherfucker x).

Legit Businessman
Sep 2, 2007

Pattonesque posted:

a veteran player's experience on a new account

The weapons depicted are torso mounted in the Atlas DDC, not arm mounted. Immersion ruined.

Furthermore... :suicide:

Legit Businessman
Sep 2, 2007

johntherussian posted:

Higby's Heroes is the official goon unit of MWO, unlike the ones that most of the whiny children in this thread belong to. We were at least able to get a team together for the tournament. No disrespect to the few goons who actually played on a non-mouthbreather level before this thread existed. You know who you are.

Edit: Why don't you all complain some more about those hacks that comp teams use, while we sit here and laugh at your PSR4-5 ineptitude.

Who the gently caress are Higby's Heroes? They must be a post-exodus MWO group, right? Man, I feel old when new groups are claiming the title of "official goon group." :argh:

Legit Businessman
Sep 2, 2007

Missile doors? I know that's an issue on cents and catapults. I think that's also an issue on stalkers, but I can't remember.

So you hit / to keep your missile doors open all the time.

Legit Businessman
Sep 2, 2007

7c Nickel posted:

Hey fellow OldBirds, there was once a video of some other clan playing versus us. They used stupid comlang like danger close (incorrectly) and had to ask for permission to speak. They lost all while bitching about us and then for some reason posted the video of the them losing, then took it down. I know we got a copy and put it back up but I can't find it anymore. Anyone know what I'm talking about?

Operation CAW CAW CAW was made in response to it.

Actually scratch that. I went to find a copy of Operation CAW CAW CAW and found both on the same account. Thank you Fil5000.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D-K1HhvaNNo

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w13_uTNW7cc

Good stuff.

Don't forget part 2:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_JQ5KPS6zbo

or my favourite:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rh3KqxAv7J0

Legit Businessman
Sep 2, 2007

Phrosphor posted:

That was the best thing, all their community accounts got shadowbanned.

You're welcome. :smug:

Shame that they took the screenshot while logged out, the language filter makes the post a little more comedic, and less cathartic.

E;fb multiple times.

Legit Businessman fucked around with this message at 22:48 on Feb 17, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Legit Businessman
Sep 2, 2007

Bentai posted:

Looks suspiciously like the WoL command hierarchy tree.

:ssh: The High Squawk Counsel is not meant to be discussed anywhere outside of OPSEC approved channels! :argh:

• Locked thread