Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Anticheese
Feb 13, 2008

$60,000,000 sexbot
:rodimus:

Number19 posted:

I can't guarantee it but you should contact support and see what they can do.

PGI support is honestly really good and has been one of the most consistently great parts of the company in my experience. When in doubt, contact support@mwomercs.com

I can't wait to play with goons more often again.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Anticheese
Feb 13, 2008

$60,000,000 sexbot

It's happening.

Anticheese
Feb 13, 2008

$60,000,000 sexbot

The Steam forums are already on fire, and the game is still a few days out from hitting there.

Anticheese
Feb 13, 2008

$60,000,000 sexbot

I have so much premium time. :negative:

Anticheese
Feb 13, 2008

$60,000,000 sexbot

Russ builds robot weird.

E: Why do you play with armlock on, Russ??

Anticheese fucked around with this message at 00:26 on Dec 10, 2015

Anticheese
Feb 13, 2008

$60,000,000 sexbot

He also stuck a bunch of ERLLs on a brawling build. And fired them at brawl range while he was overheating. I kinda get that sometimes being able to reach out and tell someone to get lost is helpful in deterring advances, but this is something else.

Anticheese
Feb 13, 2008

$60,000,000 sexbot

Yes.

Anticheese
Feb 13, 2008

$60,000,000 sexbot

Bottom left of your screen.

Anticheese
Feb 13, 2008

$60,000,000 sexbot

The Repo Man posted:

Oh my god I want to be tier 5 so bad right now.

Did anyone else see the CW phase 3 thing? Is it more like what they promised way back when CW was announced?

It looks interesting, yes.

Anticheese
Feb 13, 2008

$60,000,000 sexbot

I have been talking really loudly in VOIP to motivate teammates and give them helpful hints on how the game works. It is fun.

Anticheese
Feb 13, 2008

$60,000,000 sexbot

I've been having a blast teaching newbies how to play by talking loudly and confidently. Game is fun now. Word of Lowtax community service is fun.

Anticheese
Feb 13, 2008

$60,000,000 sexbot

I remember you complaining about that back in the day. :allears:

Jade Falcon warhorns own.

Anticheese
Feb 13, 2008

$60,000,000 sexbot

The Clan Wolf skin, combined with Marik colours, is incredible for looking pink and fabulous on the battlefield.

I've been introducing myself loudly as Commander Anticheese of the Word of Lowtax, driving the pink whatever. It's great.

Anticheese
Feb 13, 2008

$60,000,000 sexbot

Jack2142 posted:

I just tried the storm crow... normally I hate clans but ripping apart people was just fun

There is basically no bad way to build one. Go hog wild.

Anticheese
Feb 13, 2008

$60,000,000 sexbot

The good news! You've used DHS and endo-steel over ferro-fibrous. You've also armoured up, though by dropping a few points you could have half a ton to play with.

The bad news: everything else. There is no way you will ever burn through 8,000 rounds of machine gun ammo and flamers don't do poo poo. It is an absolutely horrid robot.

But, it will be really annoying until you get smeared like a bug on a windshield. Try it out in the solo queue.

Anticheese
Feb 13, 2008

$60,000,000 sexbot

Getting the assists has been the hardest part of this challenge. I've been completely wrecking everything with the new Jenner. :black101:

Anticheese
Feb 13, 2008

$60,000,000 sexbot

A Christmas grab bag event will be starting tomorrow.

Anticheese
Feb 13, 2008

$60,000,000 sexbot

Melee will probably never be a thing, but if it were, it'd be one of the few things to get jaded goons to cough up.

Anticheese
Feb 13, 2008

$60,000,000 sexbot

A CN9-AH will be dropping in the event tomorrow, for those interested in free IS mediums and Centurions in general.

Anticheese
Feb 13, 2008

$60,000,000 sexbot

That Italian Guy posted:

So...is this like a raffle? Or do you get a prize for every "ticket" you have? Cause otherwise, there is no indication of the possible chance to get anything (IE: is having 25 tickets granting you 25 prizes? Is having 25 ticket granting you a 0.000001% chance of getting something?)

Every time you get a ticket, you get a prize. You are 100% guaranteed to get something on the list. Generally speaking, most prizes are c-bills or GXP, with MC and cosmetic items being respectively more rare.

For the sake of comparison, I got the TBR-C(C) that was the last grand prize after like 37 matches last time they did this.

Anticheese
Feb 13, 2008

$60,000,000 sexbot

Just enjoy watching your number of robots go up, you bunch of ingrates. :colbert:

Anticheese
Feb 13, 2008

$60,000,000 sexbot

Nuebot posted:

So what exactly is "Match Score"? and how do I find out if mine is good enough to get free poo poo?

After the end of the match, click on the team scores tab. It's one of the columns.

You basically have to die in the first three minutes, or never hit a drat thing the entire match to not get a prize.

Anticheese
Feb 13, 2008

$60,000,000 sexbot

Marauders will be available for c-bills next year. Check the FAQ on the Marauder page.

Anticheese
Feb 13, 2008

$60,000,000 sexbot

Quad UAC/5 with all of the ammo you can possibly fit. Ignore the lasers, fit more shots.

Anticheese
Feb 13, 2008

$60,000,000 sexbot

Devorum posted:

Best loadout I've spectated today.

He died before I could shame him...that laser killed him basically as soon as I clicked over to him. I barely had time to get the screen cap.

I kinda miss the Your Robot Sucks articles. :allears:

Anticheese
Feb 13, 2008

$60,000,000 sexbot

Oh, for sure. There are still a number of barely quirked Clan robots that sometimes see suspect builds, but even then there's not much that's outright heinous so much as just inadvisable. But hey, this is a BattleTech thread. It's made for nostalgia. :v:

Merry christmas, fil.

Anticheese
Feb 13, 2008

$60,000,000 sexbot

Pooncha posted:

Hey, freaky-but-sincere question: Does TAG laser improve (regular) SRM grouping? I got some dude absolutely convinced it does, and I'm...skeptical, to say the least. :geno:

It absolutely does not. SRMs don't give a drat, and the most it should do to streaks is just improve their lockon time.

Anticheese
Feb 13, 2008

$60,000,000 sexbot

Takkaryx posted:

Which of the hero heavies would you guys recommend? The TBolt looks pretty good, but I have always been a fan of catapults.

Illest Marmoset.

Anticheese
Feb 13, 2008

$60,000,000 sexbot

Fil5000 posted:

Yeah, this. There are situations where you should take endo and situations where you should take both. There are no situations where ferro is better than endo.

Field refits when your 3025 campaign rediscoveres ff and you desperately need that half-ton of weight savings to step out machine guns and put some real lasers on that phoenix hawk.

The benefit to ff is that it can be applied trivially in-universe. But in mwo, rebuilding your robot with endo steel is an instant process. So ffs only advantage doesn't apply here.

Anticheese fucked around with this message at 12:37 on Dec 27, 2015

Anticheese
Feb 13, 2008

$60,000,000 sexbot

I would be all onboard FF if it actually were a little lighter AND offered more protection. That would be an actual choice.

Anticheese
Feb 13, 2008

$60,000,000 sexbot

The robot packs are only a few more dollars than the premium time, and come with tons of extra poo poo.

Anticheese
Feb 13, 2008

$60,000,000 sexbot

SRMs are great again. You should try and focus on weapons that have a similar range profile. Never not take nearly maxed armour. Brawl your heart out.

Anticheese
Feb 13, 2008

$60,000,000 sexbot

Love Stole the Day posted:

Is anyone interested in showing up for a 12 v 12 goon inhouse event where we all gently caress around and do gimmicky bullshit that would never happen in a pub game?

ideas:
  • 12 v 12 in the basement of HPG Manifold (everyone is an assault 'mech?)
  • LRM boats only (no ECM allowed?)
  • "protect the baby" -- everyone plays Atlas but each team has 1 UrbanMech (your team loses if the Urbie dies)

Death Race: everyone takes a robot (preferably light 'mechs), strips off the armour, fits flamers and/or machine guns only, and the rest of the tonnage gets taken up with machine gun ammo half-tons.

Those were the good old days, when we'd do this in two twelve mans and try to synchdrop.

Anticheese
Feb 13, 2008

$60,000,000 sexbot

Drythe posted:

Apparently I had a bunch of space money left over from before, so I fitted out a direwolf.

Now I realize I literally only have assaults. What are some good mechs to pick up? I got enough brawlers and hate sniping.

Firestarters or Arctic Cheetahs. Stormcrow is also a really solid robot.

Anticheese
Feb 13, 2008

$60,000,000 sexbot

Yolomon Wayne posted:

Err, wait.
Im not Paul Inouye so lets work this step by step.
Or... what?

Skills only affect the mech they're for, and only the basic (first row) skills get doubled when elite skills (second row) are filled out. The third row skill allows you to fit another module.

E: Also helios guy, :frogout:

Anticheese
Feb 13, 2008

$60,000,000 sexbot

Fil5000 posted:

It's fine apart from the single ton of AC/2 ammo.

I'd probably drop down to SRM4s and max out the armour.

Anticheese
Feb 13, 2008

$60,000,000 sexbot

You're basically wasting a ton of potential damage. Your 4 UAC/5s are an amazing loadout that you'll only get a tiny amount of use out of, and most of your rockets will just bounce off the scenery. And in the event that you have a clear line of sight on your target, you should be using your ballistics anyway. You've got the armour to tank hits, so there's no real benefit/need/ability to peek and shoot missiles before running away.

Anticheese
Feb 13, 2008

$60,000,000 sexbot

A Mauler with two AC/20s is a bad robot, but so very fun.

Anticheese
Feb 13, 2008

$60,000,000 sexbot

It's a variant you can't get without paying real money, so you should probably lean towards keeping it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Anticheese
Feb 13, 2008

$60,000,000 sexbot

LRM tubes are heavy, and the missiles do less damage per ton than any other weapon system except for the AC/20.

E: I mean it's still pretty fun to use them when you're about 200-500m from the action and can bring other stuff into play. Just don't make them your whole focus.

Anticheese fucked around with this message at 14:10 on Jan 22, 2016

• Locked thread