Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
lwoodio
Apr 4, 2008

Rape Stink posted:

reinstalling now. Down for some stompy robot brawling tonight.

Just so I know beforehand, is my huggin worth keeping? I'm going to try to get a refund on my Grid Iron, but I loved my huggin so goddamn much that I'm going to be a broken man if it can't poo poo out missiles like crazy anymore and I have to return it.

Huggi bear got tankier and has a new missile velocity quirk, but lost some of its cooldown and range quirk. I haven't seen one since the patch, but I would say it is still a fun gimmick.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

lwoodio
Apr 4, 2008

Axetrain posted:

Ok I can grab a second mech now and I think I want the Stormcrow. What are some popular ways to build them, Is a ton of SRMs an option? Also sort of considering the Timber Wolf because everyone says it's good but I did pretty bad in the trial version.

Here's the SRM build I have been using. I like the PPC since all the damage is front loaded, but it's probably better to use an lpl on it to run cooler.
http://i.imgur.com/ZdZ07MU.jpg

lwoodio
Apr 4, 2008

Yea. The website is down, too.

lwoodio
Apr 4, 2008

Pooncha posted:

I was positive that my Awesomes didn't give a gently caress that I had mastered Atlases while I was trying to master them. :psyduck:

You must have elited 3 mechs in that weight class in order to master a mech. When you do it once it never matters again and you can then sell unwanted mechs after you basic them. It's just there to punish new players I guess. Most people that have played for a while probably forgot it's there.

lwoodio fucked around with this message at 02:28 on Jan 18, 2016

lwoodio
Apr 4, 2008

:20bux: name change holy poo poo.

lwoodio
Apr 4, 2008

I'm the glitched beer stein that emits 10,000 lumens in a swamp.

lwoodio
Apr 4, 2008

Ghost dad sacrifices himself so that his children may live.

lwoodio
Apr 4, 2008

The event was adjusted to reward the mechbay at 7/9 challenges completed, and there is a consolation prize of 250,000 C-Bills, 200 MC, and 2 days of premium time for having played one game of incursion with 80 match score.

lwoodio
Apr 4, 2008

Can someone invite Woodio back to WoL? Or the other one idc.

lwoodio fucked around with this message at 22:58 on May 5, 2017

lwoodio
Apr 4, 2008

I never got an invite. Can someone invite Woodio to girl or wol please?

lwoodio
Apr 4, 2008

TheParadigm posted:

So, I noticed something interesting about the TBR-S's set of 8 bonus: it actually offers fairly ridiculous brawling stats. Sure, you're locked with the jumpjets, but 20% torso speed on a nose-wiggle-wolf aint bad at all.

Could someone who owns one of those take
this thing out for a spin?

Post SPL nerf, the medium pulses still have that alpha for you. Its a step down from the old 4 spl(24 damage for 12 heat), but under the new system 3 clan MPL is 22.5 damage for 15 heat, which isn't bad at all.

I'm tempted to get one, but its a hell of an investment. looks like its the new splatwolf - could someone test drive it?

This is my first game with it. It probably needs another ton of ammo. The torso yaw rate is 91 deg/s after the quirks and skills. I'm wondering if the on1-iic-a would be a better version of this.

lwoodio
Apr 4, 2008

TheParadigm posted:

Respectable! How did it play?

how far did you go into the mobility tree?

The SRMs and MPLs can leave you in a bad spot if the match starts out as a poke fest. I only put 8 in mobility. I prioritize the survival and firepower trees most of the time.

I went ahead and bought the Orion iic a, and I think it is preferable to the TBR for SRMs. I did 2 LPL, 4 SRM6, XL 360, and 4.5 tons of ammo. The lower torso speed is barely noticeable and it feels quite a bit tankier. It has better poke with 2 LPLs, and you can shield with your left right side because you keep most of your firepower if the left right torso is destroyed.

lwoodio fucked around with this message at 15:01 on Jul 4, 2017

lwoodio
Apr 4, 2008

Cyrano4747 posted:

You can get that in an hour if you grind it. Just load up a bunch of suicide SRM bomber mediums and banzai rush to get 200 damage, die fast, and jump in another match.

I was wondering why you ran headfirst into 4 heavies with a commando at the start of the match a few minutes ago.

lwoodio
Apr 4, 2008

Skippy McPants posted:

Here's a better shot that showcases the issue,

It looks like a pretty sweet hill humper. It might not even need arms since it has ct mounted weapons.

lwoodio
Apr 4, 2008

You should rethink your weapon groupings. I would do left side on left click, right side on right click, lpls on 3 and mls on 4, then lpls on 5 with chain fire on for when you need to deal damage near max heat. That way you don't shoot half your weapons into the dirt when you are peaking corners. Turn on arm lock and alpha strike. I'm guessing you are firing your arms and torso separately to avoid hitting separate spots, but it's not an issue with arm lock. You can unlock the arms with a key bind if you need to fire the arms alone at something the torso can't hit.

The TBR isn't great at torso twisting since the torso sticks out and can be shot without hitting the arms. Definitely don't reverse, unless you are reversing into cover, because when you near 0kph as you come to a stop you get pinpointed easily.

I wouldn't worry about having AMS too much. Effectively positioning yourself and using cover renders them pretty useless outside of the newbie tiers and Polar Highlands, which is a bad map that no one should ever vote for.

lwoodio fucked around with this message at 03:47 on Jul 31, 2017

lwoodio
Apr 4, 2008

Yardbomb posted:

I mean I'm doing aaaanything at least, gives me a button to hit while I close in :v:

Sometimes you just have to stand around doing nothing but hiding. Don't turn an amazing brawler into a turd just because you are inpatient.

lwoodio
Apr 4, 2008

raverrn posted:

Now that the Roughneck is free, how is it as a brawler? Any standout builds?

I made this and played a few games with it. It seems pretty ok.

RGH-2A

lwoodio
Apr 4, 2008

Every day I see an increase in the number of Mist Lynx machine gun boats. I predict that in just a few days, all mechs will be Mist Lynxes with 8 MGs.

lwoodio
Apr 4, 2008

Axetrain posted:

So tell me about Bushwackers, what are good/popular builds. Since they are on sale I might as well grab one.

Also this is the EJ build I use.

It's insanely hot but a 66 damage pinpoint alpha strike is murderous. I sort of want to try swapping out the LPLs for heavy large lasers but that might be taking it to far.

HLLs seem better to me. I also use 5 MPLs instead of ERMLs. I use the EBJ-B with the mobility quirks.

lwoodio
Apr 4, 2008

Office Thug posted:

Thank you, these skill plans are exactly what I needed!

One last thing, how do I redeem those loot bag things? I tried every link I could see on the website but no dice.

https://mwomercs.com/tournaments

lwoodio
Apr 4, 2008

JacksAngryBiome posted:

So which mechs and builds were the strong performers?

I think flamer builds went undefeated.

lwoodio
Apr 4, 2008

The daily reward today is a pretty sweet (annoying) warhorn.

lwoodio
Apr 4, 2008

Scouting mode now gives 5 stockings for 250 match score, 3 for 150.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

lwoodio
Apr 4, 2008

aniviron posted:

That's still a thing, it's just that not many mechs have missile bay doors now. Pretty much just CPLT, STK, ARC, I think. The Crab and King Crab as well technically, but the doors do nothing.

The smurfy tooltip says the crabs have 10% damage reduction and 0 second firing delay for the claws being closed.

• Locked thread