Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
pun pundit
Nov 11, 2008

I feel the same way about the company bearing the same name.

New thread new opportunities! Have they added an option to (permanently, not from holding down a button) lock the camera to the arm aim cursor rather than to the chest aim cursor yet? I bought a founder's pack but have yet to play the game more than 2-3 days in a row. MWO and SOTS2 cured me from pre-orders.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pun pundit
Nov 11, 2008

No I'd like the torso to follow the arm cursor at its own speed like normal but I want the camera to centre on the arm cursor rather than on the torso aim point.

pun pundit
Nov 11, 2008

Willfrey posted:

3rd edit: i mean, there is an option as well as a bindable toggle key for locking the arms to the torso reticle, if that is what you mean

No. I want the camera to follow the mouse (which in MWO means the camera would centre on the arm aim point), and the torso to then orient to that direction on its own time. Last time I installed the game I had the option to hold down a button for "free look", but I would not like to hold down a button and I would like the torso to rotate toward my aim point, not stay in position. Is that currently possible in MWO?

E: that was years ago though and people laughed at me and called it a stupid idea so if it's now the standard way to aim that's a pretty big turn around.

pun pundit fucked around with this message at 18:11 on Dec 7, 2015

pun pundit
Nov 11, 2008

A.o.D. posted:

Here's what I think he means:

Currently the camera always follows the torso aiming reticle. What he wants is for the camera to follow the arm reticle.

That's what I was trying to get across, yes. Is this currently possible to do in MWO?

v v v that sounds like "no". Thanks.

pun pundit fucked around with this message at 19:48 on Dec 7, 2015

• Locked thread