Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Karasu Tengu
Feb 16, 2011

Humble Tengu Newspaper Reporter
Ok, i'm coming back to this pile of poo poo, who do I need to talk to in order to get into a goon unit? I'm Ko Tengu in game and also probably on Mumble if I still have it installed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Karasu Tengu
Feb 16, 2011

I bought a Shadowcat prime, please tell me how to build this thing, I only ever fly Ravens.

Karasu Tengu
Feb 16, 2011

Cyrano4747 posted:

How do you know they're aimbotting?

It's pretty obvious when you get cored instantly despite good twisting, or a 99% condition headshot.

Karasu Tengu
Feb 16, 2011

YOu need way more engine and also less AMS, you're going to get wrecked into that.

Karasu Tengu
Feb 16, 2011

Sure, I need another Cicada to sit next to my lovely PPC sniper and my mediocre hex pattern one.

Karasu Tengu
Feb 16, 2011

Pattonesque posted:

spotted: an Orion with an LBX-10, an LRM20A, and nothing else

I saw a Panther-10P yesterday with two LBX-2's and nothing else.

Karasu Tengu
Feb 16, 2011

Devorum posted:

LBX-2's on a Panther, you say?

The tiniest shotgun mech.

Karasu Tengu
Feb 16, 2011

Vorenus posted:

Champion, Hero, Invasion, doesn't matter. Basic is by chassis, elite by weight. So, you need any three Cicadas to basic out the Cicadas. Then, for some reason, you only need three medium-class mechs to Elite your Cicadas. However, when you go to unlock the Master slot on one of those Cicadas, you will need to own three Cicadas to do so.

What the gently caress are you talking about? You just get 3 of your chassis of choice, and once you get all the Basic skills for each variant, you can then put points into the Elite skills, and then once all three variants have that unlocked you get to dump a lot of points into getting the Master slot.

Karasu Tengu
Feb 16, 2011

Yolomon Wayne posted:

But how does that work with other mechs?
Can for example raven profit from basicing jenners?
The way i understood this, when i have all 8 basic skills from one chassis (like 3 jenners), i can elite every chassis from that weight class (that i have basicīd of course) even if I only have one of those (like raven).

Mechs only benefit from getting the basic/elite on their own chassis. When I'm flying my Kit Fox it doesn't give a poo poo that I have a mastered RVN-3L in the mech bay next to it, it's still only at 7/8 of basic.

Karasu Tengu
Feb 16, 2011

Pretty sure they're the same except the stock omnipods. Clan mechs are easy to master out since you just throw your favorite omnipods on and it's the same as your usual one.

Karasu Tengu
Feb 16, 2011

Spaceship shaped mechs you say? Let me introduce the Viper, the premiere " literal jet with legs" battlemech.

Karasu Tengu
Feb 16, 2011

Speaking of event, you'll get one if you can get 25 Most Damage Dealts and/or Solo Kills starting right now until the 19th.

Karasu Tengu
Feb 16, 2011

jBrereton posted:

I feel like my first bought mech should maybe not have been a Locust. I mean I spent about the chassis value again making it slightly less slow and adding a single heat sink. Is that just A Thing with a lot of lights?

I think my RVN-3L cost like 15m cbills?

Karasu Tengu
Feb 16, 2011

On a Jenner an XL + upgrades are the difference between 120kph and 4ML and 150kph and 6ML

Karasu Tengu
Feb 16, 2011

Pattonesque posted:

there are a few light builds that do not use max engines, but they are generally snipey builds like this, where you can park 800m away and only need your speed for repositioning and an emergency return to the blob

RVN-4X

That's still a max engine XL, just the 4X has a lower engine cap.

Karasu Tengu
Feb 16, 2011

Jack2142 posted:

I just had two games where my 6 spl jenner was revived I mostly stopped using it, but now that it moves at 149kph now it has a second life I just murdered an entire lance of mechs these last two games.

welcome to owning a good light finally

Karasu Tengu
Feb 16, 2011

ZenVulgarity posted:

I have four LRM15s on my timberwolf

have you considered trying a fun loadout

also i deeply enjoy when my 3ml 2srm4 rvn-3l is top damage

Karasu Tengu fucked around with this message at 16:22 on Jan 15, 2016

Karasu Tengu
Feb 16, 2011

Always rush the butthole.

Karasu Tengu
Feb 16, 2011

A Nova is a great laser drill, you just have to have the trigger discipline and care to only get seen and to only fire when you're in range to carve a tiny hole in a motherfucker.

edit: speaking of a nova i saw one with 8 flamers and four machine guns today

Karasu Tengu
Feb 16, 2011

there was no reason for it to exist when it came out

Karasu Tengu
Feb 16, 2011

Of course it is, everyone wants black and they'll pay $6 for it

Karasu Tengu
Feb 16, 2011

that's been closed for two years

Karasu Tengu fucked around with this message at 12:42 on Jan 16, 2016

Karasu Tengu
Feb 16, 2011

The Hero patterns and colors are also their default, so you can't put them on a different mech.

Karasu Tengu
Feb 16, 2011

I mean if you take it one part at a time, yes Dai means big and Shi means death, but they were named by anime nerds in the early 90's and late 80's.

Ryo(u)ken probably also comes from the fact that Japanese romanization is hard and lovely.

Karasu Tengu
Feb 16, 2011

Yolomon Wayne posted:

Why cant they have matchmaking like literally every other PvP centric game out there and NOT contantly 99/100 games pit 12 randoms vs. 8+ premades?
It would actually be fun if it werent this lazy rear end "yeah whatever, just give us money" MM.

It does, group drops are a totally different queue, most people who group drop do it as a lance and that's how you can sometimes get loving 6 assaults trudging behind your mostly medium 10 man goon group.

Karasu Tengu
Feb 16, 2011

Yolomon Wayne posted:

I suppose this only applies to quickplay?

EDIT: maybe i should have clarified, im talking about faction play.

Oh, they're planning to push this to faction mode, but for the love of god either convince goons or dig for the faction mumble.

Karasu Tengu
Feb 16, 2011

Sard posted:

The best thing about MWLL was the lack of a mech lab. I hope future BT games take note and keep a balance between appealing to customization and established flavor.

MWLL is the only Battletech anything without a mech lab. Customizing your mechs and tanks and whatever is such a huge part of Battletech that removing it would be dooming your game.

Karasu Tengu
Feb 16, 2011

The cicada is a pretty good rear end-shooter, I'd probably go for the 3M first for the ECM, and then grab either the 2A or 2B according to if you like MPL or MLas better.

Karasu Tengu
Feb 16, 2011

Yolomon Wayne posted:

https://twitter.com/russ_bullock/status/687731178296578048

This is an outrage, how dare they thinking of adding a solo-queue for group only mode!
Just when i learned that it should NOT be in the game (for no appearent reason at all) :viggo:

i literally mentioned this in the same post that called you an idiot for wanting to solo drop in the less fun group focused game mode.

Elliotw2 posted:

Oh, they're planning to push this to faction mode, but for the love of god either convince goons or dig for the faction mumble.

Karasu Tengu
Feb 16, 2011

I normally love seeing Vultures anyway but holy gently caress I would gladly run into an assault lance trying to gently caress him up.

Karasu Tengu
Feb 16, 2011

Tujague posted:

drat, those Locusts are cheap.
Dragons are still pretty bad, right?
Mad dogs? Warhawks?

What's a ghost dad?

Vultures and Masakaris are a great way to throw away millions of cbills on trash.

Karasu Tengu
Feb 16, 2011

Tujague posted:

I swear to god if you guys go on another four-page japanese translation bender I'm going to commit seppuku with a hanzo steel blade that has been folded more than 600 times

I will post every single DCMS named battlemech just to spite you.

Karasu Tengu
Feb 16, 2011

Endbuster posted:

Somebody was talking about PGI sometimes giving out refunds if you cry hard enough?

What are the odds of me getting a refund on the three piece of poo poo Firestarters I bought during the sale. They aren't bad mechs... I do alright in the FS9-S but I just don't like the little shitters. I bought them with cbills. I want my billz back, yo.

They only care if you do it with real money, you're gonna have to learn to shoot butts and like it.

Karasu Tengu
Feb 16, 2011

I thought new alpine was going to fix this, what the hell PGI.

Karasu Tengu
Feb 16, 2011

ZenVulgarity posted:

That sounds awful

It was the cause of the first of many breaks I took from MWO.

Karasu Tengu
Feb 16, 2011

you reminded me of mechlab 1.0, great, now i'm having horrible flashbacks.

Karasu Tengu
Feb 16, 2011

ZenVulgarity posted:

One of the saddest things as a pubbie dad is when you push and your children go "NO! WE WANT TO SNIPE!" :smith:

gently caress you, you're not my real ghost dad!

Karasu Tengu
Feb 16, 2011

I played it, Polar Highlands sucks rear end.

Karasu Tengu
Feb 16, 2011

Beet Wagon posted:

I understand this is heresy, but I kind of like how the new map makes scouts useful. It's just a little too lurm-friendly for my tastes. Other than that it's p. okay.

As a dedicated scout, you can do fine in a scout class mech in basically any map if you're not bad.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Karasu Tengu
Feb 16, 2011

Basically all the Cicadas are very happy and fun with 6xML or 4xMPL for the one with only four hard points.

• Locked thread