Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ash Rose
Sep 3, 2011

Where is Megaman?

In queer, with us!

Iron Tusk posted:

Replacement for ghost heat rolling out to the PTS.

I just poked into this thread for my tri-monthly 'should I play this game again?' check and WHAT.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ash Rose
Sep 3, 2011

Where is Megaman?

In queer, with us!
Turns out its the Linebacker

Ash Rose
Sep 3, 2011

Where is Megaman?

In queer, with us!
Does anyone have a good Rhino build for a Stalker-3f?

Ash Rose
Sep 3, 2011

Where is Megaman?

In queer, with us!

Cyrano4747 posted:

Seriously, no matter what you have strip a few ML or whatever and put 2 on. There is nothing funnier than watching a shadow cat go NOPE and just start booking it in the opposite direction while you flamer him in the rear end.

CN9-A
Flemturion

Ash Rose
Sep 3, 2011

Where is Megaman?

In queer, with us!

Buschmaki posted:

I am spending 30$ on this videogame to paint my mech like a tiger, their F2P model works.

I think that is less a sign of how well they function, but of how much you don't.

edit: so I built the 2-flamer 3 SRM-6 Centurion for fun, but it actually kind of owns? Fights with energy heavy stormcrows used to be lethal knife-fights, now I just wait for them to shut down after their second alpha and calmly remove their legs.

Ash Rose fucked around with this message at 22:19 on Jul 8, 2016

Ash Rose
Sep 3, 2011

Where is Megaman?

In queer, with us!

NihilCredo posted:

I used this near-exact build to do most of the matches in the Scouting challenge last week, and it worked great - the SSRM Stormcrows everybody was running were poo poo at managing heat and poo poo at destroying a Centurion. Two important tips though:

1) Strip armor off the right arm to field at least another half ton of SRM ammo, you're likely to need it

2) The worst thing that can happen, and it happened to me a few times, is to end up the last survivor with your left torso gone or your ammo depleted. Highly embarrassing. To prevent that, play super aggressively and try to draw fire off your teammates (the 90m range flamers will help in that regard)

It is super solid! Does anyone have the math for how the flamer heat stuff works? like, for both you and the target so I can get a better idea of when it is worth it or not to keep firing in the danger zone?\

edit: man, remember in the days of Blue Warrior Online when you could see how hot a target was by going into thermal vision?

Ash Rose fucked around with this message at 00:41 on Jul 10, 2016

Ash Rose
Sep 3, 2011

Where is Megaman?

In queer, with us!
If I even had enough mechs to make a clan drop deck I'd be down, but I don't really do CW outside of events either way, so go hog wild.

Ash Rose
Sep 3, 2011

Where is Megaman?

In queer, with us!
Hey, sorry I didn't drop with folks yesterday, I had to get in 1 more scout win so I could pick up my Nova and then I spent the rest of the day with my nephews, who I showed some silly robot builds on the testing grounds.

edit: speaking of novas, what should I do with my Nova Prime, I was thinking swapping the mediums in one arm for small pulses?

Ash Rose fucked around with this message at 20:21 on Jul 11, 2016

Ash Rose
Sep 3, 2011

Where is Megaman?

In queer, with us!

Yolomon Wayne posted:

Everyones bitching how hosed it is, then throws money at it cause in the end of the day its still fun. they are utterly broken.

Game is ok, still a unending series of poor decisions, no reason to give them money until they do something major like un-gently caress their prices or remove ghost heat.

Ash Rose
Sep 3, 2011

Where is Megaman?

In queer, with us!
Nova is love.

Ash Rose
Sep 3, 2011

Where is Megaman?

In queer, with us!
So if I am trying to build a Stalker-3F as a Rhino, should I just put the biggest engine (310 STD) in there or do I have any real reason to scale down?

Ash Rose
Sep 3, 2011

Where is Megaman?

In queer, with us!
Ok, here is my 3F build, first time touching assaults since I first bought this thing when laser drills were sick-nasty.

STK-3F Rhino

Ash Rose
Sep 3, 2011

Where is Megaman?

In queer, with us!

NihilCredo posted:

Definitely go with a 310 for a SRM Stalker. You want every bit of speed you can get, you need it both to get close and to torso twist effectively.

5x MPLs is probably way, way too hot, but laser composition is highly subjective and you can tweak it to your tastes as you play the mech (and unlock skill bonuses).

Also you can comfortably shave off nearly two tons of ammo off the legs, your dong-head is so big I hardly ever got legged in a Stalker.

Not sure where I would use up the weight if I went with ML instead of MPL.

edit: Are you thinking of like large lasers or something? because I have no idea how else you would even use more weight on this thing, the crit slots are already almost completely full.

Ash Rose fucked around with this message at 00:12 on Jul 13, 2016

Ash Rose
Sep 3, 2011

Where is Megaman?

In queer, with us!

NihilCredo posted:

Drop endosteel, use the slots for more heat sinks. Can't have enough heatsinks in a brawling build.

Start from this: STK-3F

And I think I eventually ended up going with just the 4x ML in the arms to fit in even more heatsinks, but it's been a long time and I could be misremembering - I don't think I ever ran a 3F Rhino again after purchasing the 5M. Also that was before quirks, clans and ghost heat, so very different environment all in all.

Gotcha, I'll give that a try.

Ash Rose
Sep 3, 2011

Where is Megaman?

In queer, with us!

EponymousMrYar posted:

Neither is your 20 damage gun getting shot out from under you really quickly by someone who knows where to aim and doesn't panic when faced with your splat (or is smart and flanked your fat dad butt.) That AC20 is fragile even with gauss padding.

Pros and cons, pros and cons.

Please stop acting like this game is competently designed and not a shitfest where some guns are just trash. It can be a fun shitfest, but let's not kid ourselves.

Ash Rose
Sep 3, 2011

Where is Megaman?

In queer, with us!

Cease to Hope posted:

If you are willing to play more defensively, AC20 3SRM4A fits with a middling XL.

This is what I do, it owns bones. it has a great alpha you can then twist to use your shield arm.

Ash Rose
Sep 3, 2011

Where is Megaman?

In queer, with us!
What do folks put in their Stormcrows? looking to do something besides streak boat.

Ash Rose
Sep 3, 2011

Where is Megaman?

In queer, with us!

veedubfreak posted:

Right now I'm running 2lpl then fill the mech with heatsinks, add tarcom1 then fill in whatever slots you have open with mediums. Might be medium pulses, not on my real account atm.

I stuck the lasers in my arms and there is like a noticable delay when I try to fire my Lrg Pulse?

edit: though looking at the hardpoints it seems like I should put them on the higher mounted torsos.

Ash Rose
Sep 3, 2011

Where is Megaman?

In queer, with us!

veedubfreak posted:

Sorry forgot to say put the lpls in the shoulders and work from there. You can put anywhere from 0-11 more lasers in the mech. Don't do this though as you will melt.

Never spend MC on anything that doesn't have a cbill bonus and never pay full price.

Yeah, the torso mounts work nice, I got 3 mediums to go with it and the rest is tarcom and heat sinks.

Ash Rose
Sep 3, 2011

Where is Megaman?

In queer, with us!

Artificer posted:

Man, an all laser beam build for the K2 just makes it a shittier version of the Jester, huh. :(

Why the gently caress are PPCs so hot?

Edit: Oh wait no the K2 DOES have the beam duration decrease quirk. Nice.

Yes, a laser K2 is a shitter version of an at best mediocre hero mech.

Ash Rose
Sep 3, 2011

Where is Megaman?

In queer, with us!
Every time I see a Phoenix Hawk I wonder "why does that medium has so few guns?"

Ash Rose
Sep 3, 2011

Where is Megaman?

In queer, with us!

Yolomon Wayne posted:

Shadowhawk.

Theres one with 3 Energy Hardpoints in a vertical line from ear to collarbone, and one with the same as ballistics.
So youre looking at 3xERLL or 3xAC2, or if you like UACs (i dont) you can do 2xUAC5 next to your face.

why.

I have consigned myself to tolerating that folks think un-quirked LBX-10 is a good weapon, but AC2s, are you loving kidding me?

Ash Rose
Sep 3, 2011

Where is Megaman?

In queer, with us!

Artificer posted:

When you switch between the upgrades on a given mech, such as from Artemis to none, or Ferro Fibrous to standard, can you switch back without cost or do you have to pay again?

Which do you think is the worst decision, that is the one :pgi: took.

Ash Rose
Sep 3, 2011

Where is Megaman?

In queer, with us!
Well, I have finally saved up enough dosh for a T-Wolf, what do you all put on yours, or is there a better clan heavy these days?

Ash Rose
Sep 3, 2011

Where is Megaman?

In queer, with us!
My fears were confirmed when I tried hopping into a locust, this laptop cannot handle the kind of twitch needed for that speed, it works well enough for my mediums and heavies, but I need smooth frames for light mech action. I have all the settings set as low as they go, is there any .ini fuckery I can do to get some frames until I can afford to go get a desktop?

Ash Rose
Sep 3, 2011

Where is Megaman?

In queer, with us!
Yeah, only having cannon load-outs would have a lot of poo poo that was unusable and some mechs that are just absurdly better than others, shy of tons of quirks, there would be like 4/5 of the mechs in the game in the trash can.

Ash Rose
Sep 3, 2011

Where is Megaman?

In queer, with us!

Clearly they meant an only-autocannon version of the game, MWO:Davion edition.

Ash Rose
Sep 3, 2011

Where is Megaman?

In queer, with us!

Cyrano4747 posted:

One of the regular marauders works for it too. I forget which one but the long and short of it is you really only lose the head mounted ml. Flamer bound to push-to-talk.

Ash Rose
Sep 3, 2011

Where is Megaman?

In queer, with us!

Yolomon Wayne posted:

How exactly does ferro fibrous armor work in this game?
"20% more protection per ton" doesnt make sense in a system where 1 damage = 1 less armor, or are there fractions of armor/damage?

So like, lets say 1 ton of normal armor is 10 points of armor on a mech. For ferro-fibrous, now 1 ton gets you 12 points of armor.

At-least, that is my understanding.

Ash Rose
Sep 3, 2011

Where is Megaman?

In queer, with us!

Yolomon Wayne posted:

Ah yes, i see.
If were calculating armor by the ton it makes sense.
It would i mean, if we bought armor by the ton.

So its just a cheaper endo, but the highlander already came with it so i would have to pay to go back to standard, and then again to have endo so ill just leave it for now.

Generally speaking all, IS mechs should get endo, and FF is a special case often used on mediums and lights who dont use all their crit-space.

Ash Rose
Sep 3, 2011

Where is Megaman?

In queer, with us!
It was reasonable to do back in the days of 8v8 and only IS tech, now its kind of a death sentence.

Ash Rose
Sep 3, 2011

Where is Megaman?

In queer, with us!

Yolomon Wayne posted:

Nope, the real problem is that MWO is oppressing women, black people, poor people and on top of it all, fats.

Want proof?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sKHyrjp0NTk

Your posting is the worst.

Ash Rose
Sep 3, 2011

Where is Megaman?

In queer, with us!
Finally basiced my Stalkers and double basiced my rhino, holy hell does that make this thing way more enjoyable, trying to turn or reverse in the un-basiced stalker feels like driving a semi, now it actually feels responsive and the marginal bonus from speed tweak helps me not get left behind all the goddamn time

Ash Rose
Sep 3, 2011

Where is Megaman?

In queer, with us!
ok, I ended up buying some MC because I wanted decals and mechbays, what assault hero mechs on sale in this event are worth buying?

Ash Rose
Sep 3, 2011

Where is Megaman?

In queer, with us!
Ok, yes, I spent money on the game, I know.

Of the Boars Head, Dragon Slayer, Pretty Baby, La Malinche, Hellslinger, Heavy Metal, or the Misery, are any of them decent?

Also, some dekkels.

Ash Rose
Sep 3, 2011

Where is Megaman?

In queer, with us!
more dekkels

Ash Rose
Sep 3, 2011

Where is Megaman?

In queer, with us!

NihilCredo posted:

This one is fantastic.

My stalkers are pretty fab

Ash Rose
Sep 3, 2011

Where is Megaman?

In queer, with us!
So, since the assault heroes for sale seem to not be great, should I pick up the boars head since I want to have atloxen eventually?

Ash Rose
Sep 3, 2011

Where is Megaman?

In queer, with us!
Man, are my thunderbolts about to be good again due to triple PPCs causing no ghost heat?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ash Rose
Sep 3, 2011

Where is Megaman?

In queer, with us!

TheParadigm posted:

You know, this made me realize something. I think the only weapon from tabletop which has 'all weapons mounted in the same location hit the same target in the same place' is, uh, the machine gun array.

How does that work, exactly? I have seen them in Megamech but I don't know how to make them work, is it like artemis where you just put one in the same section that a bunch of MGs are?

• Locked thread