Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Sard
May 11, 2012

Certified Poster of Culture.

Love Stole the Day posted:

WELP

Sorry PGI you'll get 'em next time

"we banned over 500 hackers"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sard
May 11, 2012

Krinkle posted:

Advanced radar decay was the worst 6mil I ever spent. Everyone has radar deprivation. Who cares. Ugh.

Just to be clear, it still works. I forget the exact numbers, but let's say regular lock-on decay is 5 seconds. Deprivation deducts 5 seconds, while target retention adds 2.5 seconds.

The time you retain the target should work like this:
No modules : 5 seconds
Deprivation on target, nothing on you: 0 seconds
Nothing on target, retention module on you: 7.5 seconds
Deprivation on target, retention module on you: 2.5 seconds

It's not much, but it's never useless if what you want is longer locks.

Sard
May 11, 2012

I escaped this games clutches for a while but here I am again, downloading 18 patches and making a bad post. How tall is the Assassin going to be?

Sard
May 11, 2012

Skoll posted:

Don't get the Assassin.

Don't give PGI money.

aniviron posted:

Probably only about as tall as an Atlas or Banshee.

Oh well. And what the gently caress, my Catapults are different and now my laser ones are tiny and hosed up. What's a CPLT-BB? And why do I have some new mechs that looked like they rolled around in motor oil? And is the Awesome still bad?

e: I was thinking about giving PGI money but then I saw a rescale before:after video for every mech and :pgi::laffo::pgi: what the gently caress

Sard fucked around with this message at 00:34 on Nov 20, 2016

Sard
May 11, 2012

Yolomon Wayne posted:

Ok, im done for today:

I regret to announce: This is the end.
I will be going now. (and cry myself to sleep)
I wish you all a very fond farewell.

There's nothing wrong with the best Spider setup, why are you... oh... oh... :ohdear:

Sard
May 11, 2012

So I did the dumb thing and finally pulled the trigger on getting an Awesome; I've wanted to get back into once ever since beta ended, and now I have some incentive in the form of attempting to tank my MM tier. I know bracketing is the devil, but are SPLs for defense under 90 meters acceptable on bad idea PPC boats? I've got four PPC and three SPL, but I could get a marginal heat efficiency gain if I consigned myself to death when there are no pubbies around to kill rushing lights.

Sard
May 11, 2012

Pattonesque posted:

3 SPL aren't going to do more than annoy a rushing light and make you worse at your actual job, which is tossing a million PPCs downrange. I'd take them out and replace with heatsinks or a bigger engine

aniviron posted:

I have spent a lot of time in my Awesomes, and I would very much recommend ignoring the lasers altogether. Run something like this
Thanks!

http://mwo.smurfy-net.de/mechlab#i=14&l=1ce18b7df767834f41b11cdc5d706ca96b0d250a is what I'm running at the moment, but I'll probably move over to the suggested changes, at least outside of solo queue. Maybe a compromise with one in the head; with even 17 DHS I have enough capacity to alpha strike once and the dissipation seems good enough to hold up alternating doubles.

Commoners posted:

Getting a few small lasers can keep them honest while fighting you, instead of them just planting down in front of you and carefully hitting the same spot over and over again. I would put a single small laser in my PPC blackjack and it saved my rear end a few times. That being said, I still wouldn't use the awesome for ppc sniping. Either do a retard charger 8T, LPL 8T, or LRM 8R.
Answers my next question, which is what the third Awesome should be after the 8T because gently caress ever using an ER PPC robot (except the Panther). I don't like the idea of lurm assaulting but I guess since it can fit a TAG in the head it's not completely shameful for pub drops, and I assume LRMs rake in damage for quick experience.

Sard fucked around with this message at 01:04 on Nov 23, 2016

Sard
May 11, 2012

NihilCredo posted:

Thou hast said it, Ceasiaphas.

I've been piloting mostly a Zeus and a Wolfhound for the past week, so I guess I'm in the mood for bad mechs.

I have a St Ives Blues, a Panther, aced Trebuchets, a ballistic Puma and more bad things, but the Orion is the first mech I sold after getting basics. You think you want bad, but your soul is not ready for Orion bad.

Sard
May 11, 2012

I'm looking at getting the X-5 during the sale since I already have a champion Cicada from an event and it looks like a fun light hunter. Am I going to regret that, except for the regret of giving PGI several more dollars? Also looking at the Arrow because maybe this time an MG gimmick mech will be fun, but I get the feeling that's a really dumb idea.

Sard
May 11, 2012

Great Beer posted:

Its got more hardpoints but it loses the quirks that made the C1 or C4 decent. The only weapon quirk it gets is 10% missile velocity.

Yeah I don't really see the point of the Butterbee because if you're running a Catapult built to fight at medium/small energy range, you're running SRMs and the existing Catapults do those better already. Give me a Catapult with ballistic arms, please.

I bought the Pirate's Bane and the X-5 and stared longingly at the Pretty Baby, willing it to be good, but that will never happen. Almost got the Arrow but I needed mechbays more. I hope the X-5 ends up being fun with a pair of SRM6+Artemis.

e: rocket X-5 is good

Sard fucked around with this message at 06:35 on Nov 29, 2016

Sard
May 11, 2012

My friend picked up the Atlas mastery bundle and we've been having a lot of fun running a Ghost Dad/AWS-8Q artillery combo, but sometimes I wonder if two Atlas would be even better and then I wake up in a cold sweat.

Sard
May 11, 2012

No discussion of non-canon mechs is complete without this piece of poo poo..

Sard
May 11, 2012

veedubfreak posted:

Is that an elemental suit fighting whatever that other thing is.

It's some weird IS battle armor that only shows up in that game, and can somehow ~neurohack~ mechs and then pilot them. Don't get me wrong, both MechAssault games were actually fun, but they were so loving weird as BattleTech scenarios.

Sard
May 11, 2012

Okay so everything else aside, what are the odds of MWO getting put on UE4 as a result of this MW5 effort? That's the only thing I really care about here, please don't break my heart.

Sard
May 11, 2012

Pattonesque posted:

we really should shoot legs more often tbh

whenever we do it in scouting mode it results in a lot of dead robots right quick

Isn't it old wisdom that legs are the best targets because they can take damage from all sides, negating twists?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sard
May 11, 2012

Artificer posted:

Buff the clans
Buff the carv
Praise higby

haha

• Locked thread