Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Aesis
Oct 9, 2012
Filthy J4G

D_Smart posted:

Yup. And sadly, since Steam lacks any form of reasonable community management, "review bombing" and harassment in the review pages, continue to be rampant. It's going to be precisely what kills Steam eventually.
Bad games get bad reviews for a reason. *cough* your games *cough*

e: And while speaking of review bombing, what, people/companies will get thousands of Steam accounts together to vote yes/no to positive/negative reviews? Sure they can do that, but they can't stop people who actually bought the game from writing positive/negative reviews. And given that Steam's 'User Review' rating is decided by % of positive reviews compared to total reviews, if you want to review bomb you'd actually have to buy the games with those thousands of Steam accounts, and who's going to do that?

Aesis fucked around with this message at 18:50 on Dec 6, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aesis
Oct 9, 2012
Filthy J4G

Astroniomix posted:

I have yet to see a game I thought was good end up with a bad "user review" rating.

Chomp8645 posted:

If MWO gets review bombed on Steam I'm thinking it will have less to do with some conspiracy and more to do with both the game and developer being huge pieces of poo poo????

Just a thought.
Pretty much. Game's poo poo, people will write negative reviews, :pgi: will get mad and blame it on Goons as usual.

Aesis
Oct 9, 2012
Filthy J4G

Chomp8645 posted:

Ghost heat still exists!?!?!?!?
Of course. Removing it will be like admitting :pgi: was wrong.

Aesis
Oct 9, 2012
Filthy J4G

Eonwe posted:

im not going to get into whether Derek's game is good, or bad or whatever

i haven't played it

but lets not pretend that good games get good reviews by the community and bad games get bad reviews by the community

whether you thought it was an amazing game or not, a 5.4? lmfao
That ain't even Steam. We're exclusively talking about Steam reviews here.

sebmojo posted:

it's f2p as far as I know but it will show 0 hours played.
Yeah, my guess is that it'll just have files that can be downloaded through Steam, then you'll use your MWO credentials to log in anyway.

Aesis
Oct 9, 2012
Filthy J4G

Eonwe posted:

yea im sure the people on steam are far more rational in their reviews
Well you can't stop people review bombing f2p games, but you actually need to play the game on Steam (which involves buying if game's not free) to write review. I'm not saying people on Steam are rational, but really you'd go through all that effort (buying, installing, playing, then maybe refunding) just to review bomb a game, and get other thousands of people to do the same?

Aesis
Oct 9, 2012
Filthy J4G

Eonwe posted:

im pretty sure his line of defense thing was free when that review thing happened and with f2p you can literally just click 'play game,' start the download, and you can write a review

which is exactly what im going to do with MWO and it will be a negative review
idk, I checked price history and it went from $40 initially (Sep 2014) to $10. No indication of it ever being free on Steam.

And yes I am sure there will be some rush to review bomb MWO (maybe, maybe not), but :pgi: is not going to care as long as it still makes money from selling champion/hero/whatever mechs for $20~60 each.

Eonwe posted:

post other excellent games with positive steam reviews here so that i can play them
If you haven't already, play Dark Souls 1 and 2.

Eonwe posted:

im not defending derek smart

im just pointing out that community reviews about video games are stupid bullshit
Yeah I'm not defending that reviews are trustworthy or whatever, but just laughing at the fact that D_Smart is complaining about 'rampant review bombing' and Steam not doing much about it.

Aesis fucked around with this message at 23:03 on Dec 6, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aesis
Oct 9, 2012
Filthy J4G

Prawned posted:

Game bad, don't waste your megabites.
I pay by monthly, therefore I'll waste my megabytes!

• Locked thread