Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
various cheeses
Jan 24, 2013

Willfrey posted:

had the same thing happen to me. my 4 suggestions:

DontKissMyCloaca
UnkissableCloaca
KissMyINAPPROPRIATE
KissMyBirdPatootie

Hahaha god dammit man.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

various cheeses
Jan 24, 2013

Hey #19, one of my Jade Falcon warhorns vanished last night when I was moving them around mechs. Will they give me one back?

various cheeses
Jan 24, 2013

Hey Number19, tell them to add a visual indicator near the crosshairs when you fire and get ghost heat.

Also put the external temperature on a cockpit screen.

various cheeses
Jan 24, 2013

I like reading AoD posts in an angry AoD voice.

various cheeses
Jan 24, 2013

A.o.D. posted:

This is not the first time I've gotten a comment on my voice. What's so special about it?

I don't know honestly, I can just clearly hear all these posts in your voice.

various cheeses
Jan 24, 2013

Pattonesque posted:

the metamechs guy did some theorycraft builds (pre-patch) for some of them and they look beefy:

JR7-IIC
Build 1: XL295 (150KPH), 2xJJ, 6xSRM4, 5 tons ammo, 10xDHS
Build 2: XL295 (150KPH), 2xJJ, 6xSSRM2, 4 tons ammo, CAP, 10xDHS

JR7-IIC-2
Build 1: XL310 (158KPH), 1xJJ, 4xcERML, 1xSSRM6, 1 ton ammo, TC1, 10xDHS

JR7-IIC-3
Build 1: XL295 (150KPH), 2xJJ, 4xcSPL, 2xSRM4, 2 tons ammo, 13xDHS

JR7-IIC-A
Build 1: XL280 (143KPH), 2xJJ, 5xcERML, TC1, 16xDHS
Build 2: XL295 (150KPH), 2xJJ, 6xcSPL, TC1, 14xDHS

:gizz:

Aren't those erML builds going to run hot as gently caress though? Ever try putting MLs on a cheetah? It sucks.

various cheeses
Jan 24, 2013

According to my profile page on MWO, I have 3,384 hours of premium time :staredog:

various cheeses
Jan 24, 2013

How did I get this much premium time? I only bought the ACH, Marauder, and the Jenner IIC.

various cheeses
Jan 24, 2013

I really wish they'd revert IS streaks to the original 1.5dmg/always goes for center of robot.

various cheeses
Jan 24, 2013

Onkel Hedwig posted:

I don't know what to take away from that statement.

He means you will mop up idiots in lower tiers if you are a good player. Once you get into higher tiers, your teammates should theoretically be better and do more damage, so you will be less of a superstar by comparison.

various cheeses
Jan 24, 2013

A.o.D. posted:

tl;dr: if you're new, run lights.

Yeah this is good advice. If you get into some poo poo, chances are you can run away in a light. Anything heavier and you just die and learn nothing.

various cheeses
Jan 24, 2013

Jack2142 posted:

Apparently there is a rating 5 which is even more incompetent.

Blind children with no hands with LRMs.

various cheeses
Jan 24, 2013

Pattonesque posted:

what kinda robot do you want to run?

just gently caress my poo poo up

various cheeses
Jan 24, 2013

Uh oh, no quirks on any of the IIC mechs.

various cheeses
Jan 24, 2013

Yeah it's pretty drat fast. 315 engines

various cheeses
Jan 24, 2013

I just did 1111 damage in the first drop with the 6 SPL Jenner IIC.

various cheeses
Jan 24, 2013

Number19 make them put in Jamaican horns and a sad trombone war horn.

various cheeses
Jan 24, 2013

I guess this bears repeating: machine guns should never be used except on joke builds.

They may actually be worse than nothing, since they give the illusion of dealing damage. Misled players may end up firing machine guns between alphas, pissing their ineffectual damage over the front of an enemy mech, instead of torso twisting.

various cheeses
Jan 24, 2013

Cyrano4747 posted:

That's every online MP game ever, though. Get 3 or 4 people together on mumble and you can loving wreck matches with pubbies in just about anything. poo poo, that's half the reason SA posters started rolling pubbies together way back in the Battlefield 1942 era.

If you want a game that will just let you beat poo poo up by your lonesome play a single player game. Or maybe the new Star Wars Battlefront, I guess - they managed to make cooperation nearly impossible in that.

I didn't even realize Battlefront was out. I guess that's a testament to how good it is.

various cheeses
Jan 24, 2013

Someone post that "what it's like to pilot an atlas" comic again please.

various cheeses
Jan 24, 2013

Photex posted:

I heard this game was good again, so i'm bring back ER-PCP/Liao's House of Noodles. We would join WoL but everyone got pissy one time we did drunk drops and I streamed, is WoL still all spergin' OPSEC all the time?

I'd invite you.

Sarsapariller posted:

I put up the original but I'm on a tablet away from home for the next two days. It should be in my post history.

Thanks chief.

various cheeses fucked around with this message at 06:44 on Dec 24, 2015

various cheeses
Jan 24, 2013

Photex posted:

what are we using for voice comms, my group (all goons) is really used to using Discord at this point there is about 6 of us from ER-PCP/LHON

I PMed you the info.

various cheeses
Jan 24, 2013

:cripes:

various cheeses
Jan 24, 2013

Max armor (obviously), Prime torsos, ACH-C arms, whatever legs.

6 Small pulses, ECM, heatsinks.

various cheeses
Jan 24, 2013

various cheeses
Jan 24, 2013

Anything interesting or good happen in this game since Jan 1st? I've been playing a lot of Diablo instead of doing this:

various cheeses
Jan 24, 2013

What did they do to frozen city?

Also which light is best now? Or should I just keep not playing?

various cheeses
Jan 24, 2013

What the gently caress that was my favorite map

various cheeses
Jan 24, 2013

various cheeses
Jan 24, 2013

Have they added any new weapons or anything interesting? Haven't played in a while.

various cheeses
Jan 24, 2013

Mahatma-Squid posted:

No, but you do have the unique opportunity to spend up to Three Hundred and Fifty of your dollars on the Five (5) current upcoming mechs! Doesn't that sound interesting to you?

I'd rather spend $350 on a thousand rounds of ammo to shoot myself in the head with 😎

Thanks guys. I'll have to hop on for some drops like the good ol days (there were no good days)

various cheeses
Jan 24, 2013

various cheeses
Jan 24, 2013

Hey neat they added the marauder IIC? Is it good? Are any lights good anymore or what

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

various cheeses
Jan 24, 2013

Huh maybe I'll update it and give it another shot. It's been about a year. Am I still in WoL?

• Locked thread