Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
DiHK
Feb 4, 2013

by Azathoth

Banano posted:

bad dragon online?

ummm.... is this a game involving custom dildos and fur suits?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DiHK
Feb 4, 2013

by Azathoth

Number19 posted:

There's a rare bug where we don't get the right DirectX info from the video driver and it ends up in a "not supported" error. From what I know it's almost always seen after a driver update and a reboot fixes it.

E: sometimes the driver outright lies to the game and tells it that a feature is supported when it's not. Like say...DirectX 11. That's what caused all those crashes about unable to create DirectX device a while back. We were auto detecting GPU settings and using the newest DX version. Except the driver would misreport and tell us DX11 was available when it's not and the game wouldn't start.

I have a Quatro 4000, I've always had this warning. nbd.

I'm also getting rid of this card soon, and for the record I did not pay for it. (outrageously priced and underperforming)

DiHK
Feb 4, 2013

by Azathoth

Number19 posted:

As far as I know the game runs fine on Quadro cards so that's really odd

Oh yeah, runs fine. Had the error since closed beta. Happens with both the Quatro specific drivers and the general purpose one.

DiHK
Feb 4, 2013

by Azathoth
Upgraded that video card, now i get 75ish FPS on High... too bad i have zero desire to play right now.

In other news: I had a dream that i was playing this game, but like IRL, and I had helios and could see the reds coming.

DiHK
Feb 4, 2013

by Azathoth
5 dudes on for friday night? wtf.

I mean, I know this game is lovely and really only played it because goons but goddam.

also, I only got 2 Archers, and not even the good 9 missile slot one. :pgi:

DiHK
Feb 4, 2013

by Azathoth

Sharks Dont Sleep posted:

You picked up The Arrow. Archers are a relatively lovely IS missileboat heavy.

Can I have an Archer that shoots Arrows?

Fake Edit: NM, they'd implement Ghost Arrow...

DiHK
Feb 4, 2013

by Azathoth

armchairyoda posted:

glhf... Just kidding.

Every once e in a while I go through a stint of saying HL&GF at the begining of a match. It wasn't until MWO that people started correcting me.

Then I'd be all "no man, I meant have luck, & good fun"

THen there was this one time where some dude called me immature for saying your mom... as he was shooting pixel robits.

MWO is SRS BSNS

DiHK
Feb 4, 2013

by Azathoth

JacksAngryBiome posted:

Different armor types might help the game, yes / no?

Yes but not as much as different developers.

DiHK
Feb 4, 2013

by Azathoth
Why am I not suprised that Bullock either doesn't kjnow or care about the difference between they're and there.

DiHK
Feb 4, 2013

by Azathoth
I just watched that Razerfist video.

We talk in here about how :pgi: nailed to movement/weight feel of giant robots, but dude is right on about pinpoint reticules and concessions to modern shooters.

I'm still mad about having to drive stick leftie.

Thanks Tmerc.

DiHK
Feb 4, 2013

by Azathoth
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y5O-Hx0wVMQ

DiHK
Feb 4, 2013

by Azathoth

Iron Tusk posted:

Replacement for ghost heat rolling out to the PTS.

Sphincter say what.

DiHK
Feb 4, 2013

by Azathoth
So... like... there's no details about the PTS ghost heat test Mr. 9?

That's fairly in line with :pgi: i guess.

DiHK
Feb 4, 2013

by Azathoth
Hey y'all in another 6 months Btech will have at least a playable beta and we can all :pgi: ever happened...

Except for the art assets.

DiHK
Feb 4, 2013

by Azathoth

Skoll posted:

I three have booze. If you consider Steel Reserve booze. Or drinkable.

Finally someone admits to something worse than playing mwo itt.

DiHK
Feb 4, 2013

by Azathoth

Finster Dexter posted:

Gotta have the extra up close punch.

What do we want?

"EXTRA PUNCH!"

Where do we want in?

"CLOSE RANGE!"

Dismissed.

DiHK
Feb 4, 2013

by Azathoth

A.o.D. posted:

oh man, so not regretting not playing this game since March.

Welp, at least this hamfisted attempt replaces ye old ghost heat.

Without penalty to movement and accuracy heat will just be an annoyance. They should implement CoF that is inversely proportional to the gyro weight and directly proportional to movement speed (gyro weight because you shouldn't bone lights for going fast).

DiHK fucked around with this message at 00:06 on Aug 19, 2016

DiHK
Feb 4, 2013

by Azathoth
For the record I'm not touting a flat random chance to hit where the recticle is but instead adding recycle shake in sync with foot steps.

DiHK
Feb 4, 2013

by Azathoth

Skoll posted:

Sure, with a baseball bat.

Not that I'm advocating violence over video games, the dude is just a major douchebag who could use a good solid object to the face.

Can confirm. I talked to him 1 on 1 about doing some 3D assets pro-bono. I didn't.

DiHK
Feb 4, 2013

by Azathoth

Skoll posted:

Please share the details for our amusement.

IMO the short version is the more amusing part, but anyway:

This was back in the fall that MWO went from beta to "release". Lang was doing that weird project that looked like Mech Commander: Amateur Hour but for some dumb reason it was supposed to be a 3rd person pilot a single mech sort of thing. I don't think he had a good grasp of what he was trying to do with it, or at best he has 0 skill in pitching a project.

Here it is. Last updated in late 2013. What happened Sean?

Anyway, so he fails in explaining the point of this thing and I'm mentally wary at this point. Unfortunately I try to be polite in these situations so I continue talking to him about it. At the time I didn't have a lot of 3D work up, but I showed him what I had and I linked him some rough cut stuff too, rigging tests on super low poly stuff...

Now let me provide some evidence here, for context.

Battletech Universe Stuff posted:

This is what they had to show at the time of the "interview".

Heres some snips of the work they did in the 4 months after I talked to Lang.

My Posted 3D work at the time posted:

Here's what I had up on the interwebs at the time

Now I know it's not much but it is something and it is easily on par with the 2 models they got made before they dropped the project. I also had animation reels as well. Here's a rough break down of the conversation. MWO Shill should be read in the voice of that boss from Office Space.

D:Yeah so here's the link to my portfolio, this is just the 3D stuff...
MWO Shill: ....ummm yeah, you should have a web portfolio...
D: well, here's some youtube links to stuff that isn't finished yet.
D: ...and here's some animation reels, on my portfolio...
MWO Shill: (spends 5 minutes telling me about the importance of having an online portfolio)

I don't remember how we got on the subject of Great Houses but before he hung up I mentioned that I'm associated with House Liao. I don't think he picked up the hint.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DiHK
Feb 4, 2013

by Azathoth

Skoll posted:

What a loving doucher though, does Lang even have any creative skills? Besides the obvious sucking cock ones.

Not that I know of. Some buddy of his made those unity renders but that dude was, according to Lang, "had a lot on his plate". Which means dude has a life and a job and ain't got time for that fan boi poo poo.

And that's all it was; fan boi pipe dreaming. Lang is totally an "idea man". It wasn't even a fleshed out idea.

• Locked thread