Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
TipsyMcStagger
Apr 13, 2013

This isn't where
I parked my car...
So I have the following:

Lights:
Artic Cheetah (currently getting to master)
Adders,
Spiders, (Mastered)
Locusts
Ravens
Jenners

Medium:
Blackjacks (Mastered)
hunchies (Mastered)
centurions (Mastered)
wolverines (Mastered)
nova
storms (Mastered)
Cics (Mastered)
Shadows (Elited)
Griffs
Trebs (Mastered)

Heavy:
Dragons
Cataphracts
Jaggers
Timbers
Summoners
Thunderbolts

Assaults:
Atlas (mastered)
Dires
battle
stalkers (Mastered)
warhawks

Wondering what mechs i should look at unlocking first or buying and unlocking. What do you guys like to pilot? I like mediums mostly

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TipsyMcStagger
Apr 13, 2013

This isn't where
I parked my car...

Sharks Dont Sleep posted:

Do you have that relatively new ECM Griffon? Might as well master those as the SRM buffs benefit them.

Otherwise you really don't need to be buying any new mechs. I guess maybe try the Banshee-3E and just wait for the IIC jenners and hunchbacks to be on sale for cbills.

Nah,

I have that first clans pack of griffins which didn't have that one. I might do those ones after arctic cheetah.

Just more looking for what are good mechs that people like to play right now.

Are the gargoyles/Executioners/Hellbringers any good? I don't really like assaults much but was thinking of drudging through the dire wolf ones for DAKKA WOLFS

TipsyMcStagger
Apr 13, 2013

This isn't where
I parked my car...
I don't get why people complain about ghost heat.

It's to stop the horrible game that it used to be with jump jets and 6 PPCS at once.. it was terrible if you don't remember.

Ghost heat, which still needs some tweaking, is a pretty good fix to keep Alpha strikes of craziness down.

That being said, this recent patch against acceleration and torso twisting was just loving stupid and it would have made more sense for them to double armor per mech and double armor per ton if they actually changed it to increase survive time.

TipsyMcStagger
Apr 13, 2013

This isn't where
I parked my car...
I don't know what it is.. but the only assault mech i like is the Stalker. It just clicks with me, constantly getting 600+ damage.

TipsyMcStagger
Apr 13, 2013

This isn't where
I parked my car...
how does the C-Autocannon 2/5/10/20 work for damage? it fires 3 shots but do they do 2/5/10/20 damage each?

TipsyMcStagger
Apr 13, 2013

This isn't where
I parked my car...

mashed_penguin posted:

I've been running a top dog thunderbolt with LPLs on it for the last few days and it seems to work pretty well. Certainly seems viable as a cbill grinding hero mech at least.

This is what i've been doing today as well, trying out large lasers and large pulses with mediums and medium pulses.. so far i like this 3 LPLs with 3 mediums. But I also liked the STD 300 engine with 6 MPLs..

TipsyMcStagger
Apr 13, 2013

This isn't where
I parked my car...

Drone_Fragger posted:

Alpine is bad because one team gets an enormous amphitheatre with cover in, and then the other team has to march into the amphitheatre up a ramp in near single file while every other mech on the team shoots at them. It is an objectively bad map.

This,

People bitch about Terra Therma but I think Alpine peaks has always been the worst map.

TipsyMcStagger
Apr 13, 2013

This isn't where
I parked my car...

novaSphere posted:

I'll take what we got over the other Reseen art:

But I still like Alex' original Marauder doodle more:

Oh well.

Say what you will about PGI being stupid.. they certainly did a great job with the models in the game (except the nova)

TipsyMcStagger
Apr 13, 2013

This isn't where
I parked my car...

Nuebot posted:

I'm kind of jealous of all you people and your fancy expensive mechs. 2poor4mech. I mostly just want to buy some paints so I can color my shitbots bright awful neons and then run around.

Anyway, what mechs can I stuff a lot of AC's into? There don't seem to be many, if any, light options that aren't just lasers.

I think i've dropped probably ~500$ into this game total.. that's for like 112 mechs and bays, mostly that first clan pack that they sold for like ???300$??? or whatever and then MC and hero sales.

Anyways.. I refuse to spend more money on it. Not getting Clan II, Resistance packs, Clan III, Marauders, Archers, IIC poo poo... Just feel like i've dumped enough in and can wait because all they are dumping into this game for content is money mech packs and things like maps/clan warfare has taken a slight back seat to riding the mech money train.

TipsyMcStagger
Apr 13, 2013

This isn't where
I parked my car...

Surprise Giraffe posted:

http://mwo.smurfy-net.de/mechlab#i=1&l=b89b68cdbbaa044af0688665a89595ca0630afa9
Been trying to figure out how to make the HBK-4G work for me. Came up with this. It's still not exactly surviveable but it's really great fun. I kind of want to try it with Ultra-AC5s though.

Don't like it, Take down the engine for a little more armor (that 5 kph isn't doing poo poo), it's better to rotate your empty side to the enemy and have "some" armor on your support weapons. I've learned the hard way that little armor on the head = dead from splash. I minimum it at 13 now. Also hate putting ammo which can explode in your CT.

this is what i run.

http://mwo.smurfy-net.de/mechlab#i=1&l=0f5faafa9ba78e3bc0bdc897f6d3159f9683bd6f

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TipsyMcStagger
Apr 13, 2013

This isn't where
I parked my car...

Love Stole the Day posted:

I spent 10 minutes in GIMP:

I'm a shoe-in for this PGI job, you guys. Already better than Terra Therma.

This is exactly my thoughts are on why the gently caress we don't have way more maps. I think they've diverted most of their effort in churning out 60$ mechs... I feel like maps are just as important.

• Locked thread