Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Rysithusiku
Nov 10, 2013

Witness the assless man and despair!
All futures point to a world of filled holes.

TjyvTompa posted:

Good mounts, fast acc/decc, high speed, good heat management, hard hitter: WHM-6D http://mwo.smurfy-net.de/mechlab#i=383&l=a400df7a99133e51e38d2b457193cb24ecb914a6

thats like, 5mil more than i want to spend on one of these... augh

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rysithusiku
Nov 10, 2013

Small and Blue posted:

Ran into this monstrosity in a pug game today and and would totally run it if I owned a cyclops: CP-11-A-DC

That is a confusing number of weapon groups.

Rysithusiku
Nov 10, 2013

armchairyoda posted:

Warhams are one of the best heavies in the game. Worth every e-cent you spend on them.

Complaints about them will be met with the traditional tier 1 e-althelete greeting of "git gud" (peace be upon you, praise modpud).

really I'm just bitching about my own reticence to invest 150% of a mech's total cost again up front to make it really good.

Rysithusiku
Nov 10, 2013

Q_res posted:

Yeah, if you're going to do an LRM Atlas at least do it right. Get an AS-7S and run four LRM5s w/ Artemis.

I'm just loving with veedub

the number of bear daddies ive seen running 4 ALRM10 recently is utterly baffling to me. is it on some cookie cutter build? because 3 ALRM15 is more tubes, like 6% less heat, and .5ton lighter.
People just dont know how to build their mechs.

Rysithusiku
Nov 10, 2013

I just spotted a treewild in the wilds of quickplay. Squawking was had.

Rysithusiku
Nov 10, 2013

esperanto.

Rysithusiku
Nov 10, 2013

Willfrey posted:

The best ppc build is taking a Pirate's Bane with max engine, stripping everything off, shaving the armor off the arms and head until you can cram an ERPPC in the torso.

as lol as this is, an ecm'd 180kph ppc sniper the size of a locust would drive me loving mad

Rysithusiku
Nov 10, 2013

armchairyoda posted:

Log of pain, day 1:

Tooling around in a xl300 Black Widow with 2 ER and 2 standard PPC's... holy poo poo this sucks. Dropped from 4 ERPPC's due to 40% heat when shooting 2. Still stupid hot.

Tried alternating setups for firing groups, even setting one on chainfire.

What have I done? All these require firing discipline (lol), I need more practice (:smithicide:).

Seriously considering moving to an Awesome in YooL 2016.

BW = ballistic. even with the best ppc quirks the ppc warhams all suck.

Rysithusiku
Nov 10, 2013

Willfrey posted:

Ding ding ding we have a winner.

I run that thing in pub queue, its hilarious fun. If you want to run an ERPPC locust you have to use the PB sans ECM, its the only locust with torso energy slots. ECM isn't that useful considering you're spending most your time at range and can outrun anything that goes to chase. If anyone targets you you just turn tail and reposition. Fully kitted with modules and skills you can squeeze off two PPC's and duck back down before an assault even has time to turn around. You can shoot 4-6 shots continuously depending on what map you are on. There is also the hidden benefit of being able to snap shoot things and deliver damage in one burst rather than spreading out the damage of lasers as you go whizzing by at full speed.

plus as long as you have radar deprivation it's hilariously easy to get something as small as a locust out of los

Rysithusiku
Nov 10, 2013

yeah. works fine too, don't know why everyone is hating on it.

Rysithusiku
Nov 10, 2013

Got through my first 2 warhams and am staring down the 7S. it's... huh. I don't even know how to build this thing. Suggestions?

DancingShade posted:

Spectated an archer with 9x LRM5s. Yes that's a 9 as in NINE.

He spent the last few minutes of the match running away from a cataphract spamming need assistance until someone else killed it.

I saw one like that. 7 ALRM 5. why?.... I have no earthly idea.

Rysithusiku
Nov 10, 2013

Small and Blue posted:

I elited mine with a 4xmedium laser 3xASRM6 build. Not the tankiest heavy for a brawler but it gets the job done, throw in some flamers too if you feel like it. Metamechs recommends a 5xlarge laser boat so that probably works too.

thus far i've been running it 4xerll 2xml and a 320. not terrible as things go, but i can tell i'm not utilizing it's potential.

Rysithusiku
Nov 10, 2013

uhh, the 7S only has 3 missile hardpoints?

Rysithusiku
Nov 10, 2013

Win by cap. Solely me on base the whole time. 0 damage dealt in a brawler warhammer.
I... should I feel good about this? It's just kinda weird.

Yolomon Wayne posted:

For the 7s go with srm6 and pulse lasers and get it over with and sell it.

Best advice. It's pretty drat good with 3xASRM6 and 6ML, 300std.
but i'm still selling the poo poo out of this thing when i'm done with it.

Rysithusiku fucked around with this message at 17:01 on Oct 4, 2016

Rysithusiku
Nov 10, 2013

Artificer posted:

AMS afficionados and missile haters, thoughts on this Nova build?

NVA-B

if you're dead set running those ams points this should do better for you.
NVA-B
roughly the same overall dps, higher immediate damage output with balanced lasers, ammo out of more vulnerable areas.
this is absolutely a hit and run nova though. if you want to actually win a fight you're going to have to suck it up and put on the S torsos with those quad MGs. at least for this type of build.

Rysithusiku fucked around with this message at 06:13 on Oct 5, 2016

Rysithusiku
Nov 10, 2013

Screw the Penix Hawk! Where's my Eyrie?!?
..oh yeah, and death from above.

Rysithusiku
Nov 10, 2013

I miss way back when when collision was a thing. :saddowns:
Sure it was a clusterfuck, but it was a FUN clusterfuck!

Rysithusiku
Nov 10, 2013

I occasionally take that 1 random left leg damage completely alone in the middle of open space. I like to think it's the tetatae reminding us that they're out there. Pecking away.

Rysithusiku
Nov 10, 2013

So I thought I had the mumble, but apparently not. Anyone oblige me and lob it my way?

Rysithusiku
Nov 10, 2013

Artificer posted:

If I ever do that I want goons to TK me every time they see me in the game.

I'd be happy to do that anyways. Just to make sure you don't.
I'm helpful!

Rysithusiku
Nov 10, 2013

Clearly we need an enumerated list of Mech-to-Booze cost ratios here.

Rysithusiku
Nov 10, 2013

Azuth0667 posted:

Join in the next hammer time lance. It's hilarious and you will at least get your heavy KMDD. Oh it also surprisingly wins.

It's hilarious to see beardads panic and try to run before crumbling to pieces.

Rysithusiku
Nov 10, 2013

So I have a friend who has a KDK-3 and loves the crap out of it, but is now looking to elite it and needs a good build for a KDK-2 and KDK-1. Preferably ones that are easy to use. Suggestions?

Rysithusiku
Nov 10, 2013

Helluva save.
We won.

Rysithusiku
Nov 10, 2013

Myrmidongs posted:

I am poor because I have a habit of buying stuff impulsively and deciding I hate it. Also because I spent a stupid amount of money on my Centurion 9D Shotgun Hobo with the LB-10X cooldown module. So yeah, that Catapult is a giant piece of crap.

You Ace of Spadesed on an lrm30 cat?
I.. wha... Bravo. :golfclap:

Rysithusiku
Nov 10, 2013

Well, you see, pubbies losing their minds at you over meaningless offenses in a game is absolutely hilarious. That is all.

Rysithusiku
Nov 10, 2013

Augh the super blatantly obvious helios users piss me off the most.
This guy was trying to ppc snipe, and he was so bad. For the first half of the game he couldn't hit the broadside of a barn. Then halfway through the game he suddenly, miraculously even, lands 3 seperate headshot kills. And he wasn't even firing his ppcs together so you can say "oh no, maybe it was a lucky shot." Nope. He landed 6 seperate ppcs all in heads on a fast assault and 2 mediums, all moving. In 45 seconds.

Rysithusiku
Nov 10, 2013

6 flamer Locust. My game consisted of flaming our executioner till our marauder shot me with a gauss, then flaming him till he shot me again and i died.
Still no loss in skill rating.
Also, I got the cache.
What the poo poo do i have to do to lose rating?!?

Rysithusiku
Nov 10, 2013

I'm really sad I dropped 1 game before he absolutely lost his mind. Sounded like it was an amazing meltdown.

Rysithusiku
Nov 10, 2013

TheParadigm posted:

They're that bad the consolation prize has a consolation prize.

That may be the most accurate description of this whole game that i've ever heard.

Rysithusiku
Nov 10, 2013

Q_res posted:

2 medium lasers, four SRM4s, biggest standard engine you can fit. Spring for Endo, you can fit Artemis and a bigger engine. I think that's pretty good.

currently running a STD225 in mine with 4xASRM4, 2xML. great little bot. great missile bay placements.

Rysithusiku
Nov 10, 2013

aniviron posted:

The jumpjets on all three of those are bad, in a not-worth-the-tonnage kinda way. Been playing a lot of the EXEs lately, mastering them, but you don't really get enough height on it to actually poptart; if you try, you're not going to have enough fuel to get high enough & then let go of the jets to stop the reticle from being dumb. The Direwolf and Kodiak get even less height since they weigh more and that's how that works in this game. The Supernova would be a little better off since it's lighter (25.4m instead of 24.06m) but it maxes out at three jumpjets, so it's got 19ish meters of height instead. (Side note: despite being saddled with eight tons of bad jumpjets, the Executioner is actually pretty good, and more importantly, it's really really fun. The MASC adds a lot of value for four tons, just starting to get speed tweak now and it goes 90 with MASC. Been having a lot of great games with it, it's a nasty brawler.)

If youre trying to use the JJs on an EXE for poptarting, youre doing it so wrong. Jumpturns in combat and general map traversal all the way. Fuckin no-one expects an assault to drop out of the sky behind them from a roof.
Also, if you have ERLLs or PPCs, the jets are exactly powerful enough to get you to good sniping spots, as long as you know how to work em.
On river city I run around on top of the apartment buildings or citadel all the time.

e: also, those prints actually look pretty good. Can't wait to see them properly done up.

Rysithusiku fucked around with this message at 22:50 on Oct 19, 2016

Rysithusiku
Nov 10, 2013

aniviron posted:

I'm not really a jump sniping kinda guy, two of my three EXEs have optimum ranges under 300m; trying it was mostly for science. That said, I still don't feel like they provide much utility for how heavy they are. It takes eight tons and you still can't get from out of the canyon in Canyon Network unless you take a run up with MASC and even then you need to pick a shallow part of the cliff. Horizontal traversal isn't much better, I haven't been able to leap from one side of the canyon to the other even with MASC, though I did not have speed tweak last time I tried it. The jets are so slow and so floaty that it's almost always faster to go around small obstructions than jump over them as well. The jets do give some use, but for the weight it's terrible utility, and I'd much prefer a version with just MASC.

While I understand where you're coming from, I do believe that (and im aware this makes me sound like an rear end in a top hat) youre just using them wrong. Hop in the mumble with us some time when i'm playing my EXE. I sprint and jump all over the map in that thing, outmaneuvering and outraversing some our mediums, much less our heavies or assaults. "How the hell did you get up there" is a pretty common refrain.
Just tonight I killed 2 marauders alone in like 30sec because they literally couldnt look up to shoot back at me while i ruined them with my arm lasers.

Rysithusiku
Nov 10, 2013

So do I get some sort of acheivement for pissing pubbies off so badly by just optimizing lances that i got teamkilled for it?
2 games in a row no less!

Rysithusiku
Nov 10, 2013

This will unironically be my next mech purchase.
DWF-S
Praise be unto Hammertime.

Rysithusiku
Nov 10, 2013

Yolomon Wayne posted:

2 MINUTES TILL SERVER GOES DOWN FOR MAINTENANCE!

Kodiak: Better turn around and hide behind that corner!
Maddog: Better back up and lurm more!
Shadow Cat: Better jumpjet up that mountain and snipe with large lasers!

loving people.

Hands down best match I've ever had in this game was 4min till maintenance. All 24 of us facecharged into the huge open area below theta on mining colony and brawed it out like kings. So much fun.

Rysithusiku
Nov 10, 2013

Skoll posted:

He thinks we're mean.

Well, we DO have a tendency to make the pubbies lose their loving minds

Rysithusiku
Nov 10, 2013

And yet another set of angry pubbies try to teamkill me for optimizing the lances.
They were less than happy when they realized i had a UAC20 and was more than willing to dump it in their face.
2min is worth that.

Rysithusiku
Nov 10, 2013

I was drunk and boredly going through those huntsman videos because i was curious what you can make out of that thing.
One of them has Azuth and I kicking his rear end quite thoroughly.
Yay!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FISZmZSJw_s

e: actually, the first kill shown in the match is him destroying Azuth, but I think it counts! Because I'm the one that murdered him. Buahahaha!

Rysithusiku fucked around with this message at 19:45 on Oct 28, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rysithusiku
Nov 10, 2013

NihilCredo posted:

It's "click a button and wait one week", actually.

You might want to attain Rank 2 for a free mechbay before quitting your loyalist status, but I can't emphasise the "might" strongly enough. Faction Play is so much less fun and more imbalanced than Quick Play that most people only touch it when there's an event.

i tried to do an invasion match yesterday. my team proceeded to utterly gently caress up the easiest strat in the world and get 12-0 wiped on the first wave. it didnt improve from there.

• Locked thread