Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Number19
May 14, 2003

HOCKEY OWNS
FUCK YEAH

Time for me to update my bookmarks it seems.

Are any of you goons coming to the PGI Steam Launch event?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Number19
May 14, 2003

HOCKEY OWNS
FUCK YEAH

I like to go out for drinks with goons when they are in town. Or when I'm in their town.

E: really I just like to go out for drinks

Number19
May 14, 2003

HOCKEY OWNS
FUCK YEAH

Internet Explorer posted:

#19, why did they wait until just now to make incremental changes to quirks and gauss to improve the brawling meta? It has been terrible for a long time already. Why now?

I do not know

I don't make design decisions

Number19
May 14, 2003

HOCKEY OWNS
FUCK YEAH

Kevos Setzer posted:

Steam Release, probably.

Is this horseshit on Steam now? I don't see it.

I'm trying to update this since it sounds like they brought sexy back.

The game will release on steam later this week

Number19
May 14, 2003

HOCKEY OWNS
FUCK YEAH

Coolwhoami posted:

That would have required me applying, although I live in the area and thus I could have gone fairly easily. Also it likely will have free drinks which would fit nicely in my budget.

There is an open bar

Number19
May 14, 2003

HOCKEY OWNS
FUCK YEAH

various cheeses posted:

Hey #19, one of my Jade Falcon warhorns vanished last night when I was moving them around mechs. Will they give me one back?

I can't guarantee it but you should contact support and see what they can do.

Number19
May 14, 2003

HOCKEY OWNS
FUCK YEAH

PoptartsNinja posted:

Always start with 'not giving them money.'

That said, I did have fun in a splatcat last night.
The way the extra SRMs are bolted onto the launchers that should have more than enough room for all 3 (18 missiles < 20 missiles) is dumb as gently caress though.

The launchers are getting fixed with the rescale pass on the Catapult

Number19
May 14, 2003

HOCKEY OWNS
FUCK YEAH

Libluini posted:

Yeah, but it's kind of fun just stomping around shooting at things. Waiting ten minutes for a CW-deployment could need some work, though. I guess not enough players for more?

And of course as soon as I dropped into a CW-match today, my cat jumped on my lap and demanded a comb-over (she's getting her winterfur and without regular attention, she starts vomitting fur all over the place). This of course meant I was controlling my mechs only with one hand, while someone really frustrated sounding gave me orders to move around I often had to ignore since controlling battlemechs with one hand is kind of hard. :v:

Right now during peak hours were having the opposite problem: all the possible matches on Tukkayid are running non stop. The planet is already set to the maximum the interface can handle so we can't add any more match slots.

Basically, Tukkayid is full during this event.

Number19
May 14, 2003

HOCKEY OWNS
FUCK YEAH

I am playing robots tonight and brawling. It is very fun.

Number19
May 14, 2003

HOCKEY OWNS
FUCK YEAH

Internet Explorer posted:

Never thought I'd see the day.

You can pilot an Atlas now and other players actually have to pay attention again. It will probably die but you're taking someone with you and if they ignore you then :rip:

Number19
May 14, 2003

HOCKEY OWNS
FUCK YEAH

Anita Dickinme posted:

Yeah, check out the Banshee and Dire Wolf builds in the OP and decide if you want to go slow or slower.

Also 19, I heard a rumor that GIRL is p famous in the office. confirm/deny

I played with some GIRLs last night and had a good time

Number19
May 14, 2003

HOCKEY OWNS
FUCK YEAH

Finster Dexter posted:

I think a lot of people dislike them because of the spread, but I love them at close range. Like a giant mech shotgun. They are also cool because of the crit bonus which is actually a good thing to have in the current age of structure quirks.

It might be time to bring the Hellbrawler back out of retirement:

http://mwo.smurfy-net.de/mechlab#i=230&l=3369ab6475d4bf05c7021e9c8ae75769a7684a24

Number19
May 14, 2003

HOCKEY OWNS
FUCK YEAH

Party setup is a go:

Number19
May 14, 2003

HOCKEY OWNS
FUCK YEAH

Finster Dexter posted:

Is there going to be a live stream?

It's going to be broadcast on our Twitch channel.

Number19
May 14, 2003

HOCKEY OWNS
FUCK YEAH

Feindfeuer posted:

I don't see how downloading a game while preparing dinner or fixing something around the house and than starting it up to be any kind of effort. :shrug:
Also I hope that the steam version will use the steam service for patching, so I can get rid of my conventional installation and the aweful launcher/patcher they have. Yes, I still got the game installed, even if I only play a few rounds each month.

The Steam version does use the Steam content delivery system to download and patch the game.

Number19
May 14, 2003

HOCKEY OWNS
FUCK YEAH

Finster Dexter posted:

What happened to the stream? Things not go as planned?

The party is tonight

Number19
May 14, 2003

HOCKEY OWNS
FUCK YEAH

Brawling is my favourite way to play robots

Number19
May 14, 2003

HOCKEY OWNS
FUCK YEAH

I like running around and punching other robots in the dick with missiles until they fall over

If they're LRM boat assaults then I like it even more

Number19
May 14, 2003

HOCKEY OWNS
FUCK YEAH

Chomp8645 posted:

I remember one time seeing a guy in a uh... hunckback??? or some german sounding mech just loaded out with 8 machine guns and nothing else. He would wait for lights to attack him and when they did just unload at them and it was just some blinding fury of a million bullets and half the time they would just turn around and run away from it.

Was p funny.

That would have been a Jagermech and it wouldn't have been very good but it sure would be annoying

Number19
May 14, 2003

HOCKEY OWNS
FUCK YEAH

For returning players, there are more weapons that have multipliers on their chance to crit internals than before. Here's the list:

Machine guns: shred internals, low damage, minimal use on armoured components
Flamers: lol, don't use these except to mount in a head energy slot and bind that weapon group to your push to talk button
LB-X autocannons: not great due to the damage spread but can be incredibly effective on some brawler builds. Some mechs have quirks that make this have an incredibly short recycle and it is very effective. These will shred internals on an exposed component.
AC2: newly added this patch, cries at about the same rate as the machine gun. Still an iffy weapon but if boated and played right can be hilariously effective at wrecking assaults in a brawl from a distance

E: clarified the crit multiplier bit

Number19
May 14, 2003

HOCKEY OWNS
FUCK YEAH

KyloWinter posted:

I really want that pre order bonus jenner iic. What gives PGI?

I played around with it and I don't think it will be as good as people think. It's really about the same as its IS equivalent. It does more damage but runs way hotter.

Number19
May 14, 2003

HOCKEY OWNS
FUCK YEAH

Get in the goon Mumble and go shoot some robutts

Number19
May 14, 2003

HOCKEY OWNS
FUCK YEAH

I'd go with this Stalker instead:

RHINO STALKER

That combined with these quirks:

Laser Duration: -10%
Missile Weapon Cooldown: 10%
Missile Weapon Range: 15%
Missile Weapon Velocity: 10%
Acceleration: 25%
Deceleration: 25%
Turn Rate: 25%
Torso Angle Yaw: +20°
Torso Yaw Speed: 35%

It is very mean.

Number19
May 14, 2003

HOCKEY OWNS
FUCK YEAH

Devorum posted:

Just slapped the medium lasers on and tried it out. It's good, and doesn't seem to run quite as hot SRM-30 and a LL. At some point I should probably consider getting a couple more Stalkers to Elite this thing. the %m has been one of my favorite 'Mechs since it was released. I think I've probably gotten at least 125-150K XP with it over time, even with my long breaks from playing.

A Rhino will always be hot but the general hope is that you only need to shoot twice to kill your target. Then you go cool off for a bit before someone else walks in front of you again.

Number19
May 14, 2003

HOCKEY OWNS
FUCK YEAH

If you look you can see me on the Twitch stream.

Number19
May 14, 2003

HOCKEY OWNS
FUCK YEAH

I was just live on Twitch. I hope you got to see.

Ok cya

Number19
May 14, 2003

HOCKEY OWNS
FUCK YEAH

I just waved to a goon on Twitch. :rip:

Number19
May 14, 2003

HOCKEY OWNS
FUCK YEAH

Kurzon posted:

Is SteamOS port in the works?

Not to my knowledge

Number19
May 14, 2003

HOCKEY OWNS
FUCK YEAH

Oh Snapple! posted:

Is there any chance of Christmas sales or anything. I've got like 10k MC because I dumbly bought a founder's pack way back when and while I'd like to shore up my mechs a bit without committing fully to the slow grind I'd also kinda like to not pay the current MC prices for them.

There will be sales and events for the holidays.

Number19
May 14, 2003

HOCKEY OWNS
FUCK YEAH

The LB10-X does indeed have extra crit seeking

All LB-X autocannons do

Number19
May 14, 2003

HOCKEY OWNS
FUCK YEAH

I think I will play some robots today

Number19
May 14, 2003

HOCKEY OWNS
FUCK YEAH

Nuebot posted:

Anyway my name is Weedgoku Bonerhitler

I suggest having another name ready since there's no way this one will survive for long.

Not that I'm going to report it or anything but it's going to happen

Number19
May 14, 2003

HOCKEY OWNS
FUCK YEAH

Willfrey posted:

and once they change it you'll never get a new one.

No matter how many snarky emails you send with acceptable names in it.

I didn't get a chance to poke someone about that last week. I'll see if I can help get it sorted out before the holiday break.

Number19
May 14, 2003

HOCKEY OWNS
FUCK YEAH

Nuebot posted:

I do, I was actually surprised this one wasn't taken already. But I have seen a ton of 420weed related names so who knows. I'll probably have to replace it soon though because I made a bunch of people really, really mad earlier when an IRL accident made me afk for a few minutes in a match and I came back to people just yelling that we deserve to lost because I AFKed and that I cost them the game, etc. So I'm sure angry people reported me.

It's all a matter of if you get reported or not. If not then your name will live forever.

Number19
May 14, 2003

HOCKEY OWNS
FUCK YEAH

I should log on under my anon account one day just so I can goof off fully.

E: for all the newcomers or returning old timers who haven't kept up: I am a PGI employee. If you have an issue you want assistance with then contact support since I'm generally terrible at being able to help. If you have a question I might be able to answer. You can also PM me other questions if you think they're more private and I will try to answer.

Also I play robots with goons so odds are we will group up and have fun one day.

Number19 fucked around with this message at 06:51 on Dec 20, 2015

Number19
May 14, 2003

HOCKEY OWNS
FUCK YEAH

A.o.D. posted:

I want a hatchetman for christmas.

I don't think there will be anything new announced for the rest of 2015

Number19
May 14, 2003

HOCKEY OWNS
FUCK YEAH

Nuebot posted:

If I'm bad and don't use the mic should I bother joining a goon group or just forgo it?

Listening to the shot caller is more important than talking for the most part so get in Mumble and shoot robots with goons

Number19
May 14, 2003

HOCKEY OWNS
FUCK YEAH

Yolomon Wayne posted:

On ghost heat: what if i dont alpha, but fire 4 lasers, then with a short delay the other 4?
Does ghost heat only apply to "true" alpha strikes or just "weapon groups"?

This is what heat scale is supposed to make you do. It applies to concurrent weapons fired within a .5 second window. This is why chain fire doesn't trigger it.

Number19
May 14, 2003

HOCKEY OWNS
FUCK YEAH

FYI:

quote:

https://twitter.com/caeten/status/679750844028338177
Hmm...what's this? Is Santa coming early to #MWO? @MechWarriorF2P

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Number19
May 14, 2003

HOCKEY OWNS
FUCK YEAH

Zaodai posted:

At a glance, I don't follow what we're pulling from this. Gift certificates? Fitbit stats? That the Archer is so bad you have to use it as substitute for coal in a stocking?

I guess the teaser was a bit too vague. There will be a live stream with prize giveaways a bit later on today.

• Locked thread