Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
havent heard a peep
May 29, 2003

When Steve Jobs died it wasn't the first job I'd lost that week.
Two days ago I was renamed from upinya to MechWarrior0424161 without any notification from PGI. Not even a courtesy "what are you up to buster brown" email or private message in game. A fellow PUGS unit member who had the same thing happen a month ago was instructed to email in a list of three name changes and PGI would be kind enough to pick out one of the three. I love the new name but I suppose I should come up with a list to send in.

1) ggclose

2) russlied

3) MechWarrior420noscope

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

havent heard a peep
May 29, 2003

servers back up and i'm lucky enough to lead my group against WoL for three matches in a row. i now have a pirates bane and it's so rad.

havent heard a peep
May 29, 2003

six mech bays left to fill: thinking about mastering quickdraws and battlemasters but i'm open to suggestions on an IS assault to master.

havent heard a peep
May 29, 2003

Super 3 posted:

What does the CW meta look like for IS these days?

I'm assuming that Clan is, artic cheaters, crows, twolves/hbringers, dwolves?

4 * Tbolt ER-large, or large pule
4* Quickdraw 4g
banshees/ ravens

havent heard a peep
May 29, 2003

ZenVulgarity posted:

If you got a performance pack of any kind Ravens, Cheaters, Hunchbacks, Stormcrows, Thunderbolts, Timberwolves, King Crabs, and Dire Wolves are 35% off in Cbill and MC prices until the 11th I think?

i picked up the light pack during the steam sale and got another 15% off thanks to captain invictus on sa-mart. after the christmas promotion i bought nine mechbays @ 150mc a pop so now it looks like:

3 * KC
3 * hunchback
and the rest of my bays will go to more variations of stormcrow/ timberwolf even though i already own more than four of each. my mission to never have to go into the mechbay will be realized.

havent heard a peep
May 29, 2003

ZenVulgarity posted:

Okay should I just buy one of every clan mech if I can in order to just have one?

Washout told me in February of 2015:

Buy via c-bills in this order

A) 3 pack of stormcrows
B) 3 pack of timberwolves
C) 3 pack of hellbringers
D) 3 pack of ebon jaguars
E) 3 pack of direwolves

edit: oh and for the love of christ get a 3 pack of artic cheetahs second.

havent heard a peep fucked around with this message at 21:02 on Jan 5, 2016

havent heard a peep
May 29, 2003

start with the most expensive 3 pack that you can afford and work down. for what it's worth after the gauss nerf i totally prefer my hellbringers over timberwolves and direwolves. i guess i would say 3 * artic cheetah non (D) variant and stormcrow d, prime, and a. i farm c-bills faster with the streakcrow than any other mech or else the artic cheetah prime with small pulse.

havent heard a peep
May 29, 2003

glad to see Hard Gay still rocking. Still no response from PGI about them turning me from upinya to MechWarrior0424161

havent heard a peep
May 29, 2003

The only omnipod you can't change is the center torso and with that said you're usually safe buying prime/a/c/d . other people know better than i do.

havent heard a peep
May 29, 2003

Super 3 posted:

You could probably omit D from this list. I don't feel like the Ebon really does anything I can do better in either a timber or a hellbringer. Unless someone can point out a really good Ebon build.

i don't even have the jags myself yet. tbqh i was hoping i would get so caught up in working myself to death that instead of playing this game for a solid twenty hours a week on average that i'd be well on my way to a better life without pgi.

havent heard a peep
May 29, 2003

TheParadigm posted:

Of thunderbolts to get, which are the best 3 right now?

everything but the 5s.

9s = 3 * ER Large
9se = 3 * Large Pulse
5SS = 7 * medium pulse

edit: poo poo i just gave away my CW deck.

havent heard a peep fucked around with this message at 08:52 on Jan 6, 2016

havent heard a peep
May 29, 2003

sebmojo posted:

can someone do a brief effortpost on how not to suck at assaults?

Training assaults is a fairly simple matter which with respect to rookies and or already mastered a pack of lower weights should be done in the field of combat with mic comms.

Please don't start your tour piloting assaults as you will receive the most positive learning feedback via rolling light and medium in a pack while WE ALL learn how to obliterate assaults.

I became the direwolf pilot that I am today by first learning to work with a pack of 120kph followed by hunting solo assaults and then protected assaults.

havent heard a peep
May 29, 2003

Stringbean posted:

Malarkey! After a long long long hiatus I returned to the game as a scrub newbie, my first purchase was a King Crab. Then I researched builds and asked questions, listened to what to do and what not to do. Then I dropped into games. Had no problems, first few games I was getting 500-600 damage a match.

You all shouldn't discourage newbies from Assaults (or heavies). Page upon pages you guys have been advising on mech builds and tips for the heaviest mechs. Let a newbie buy into them and learn, trial by fire if need be.

On that note, I've become addicted to the marauder and my KGC, CRB and TDR are collecting dust :(

I respect you boo. Quite frankly I hate people who purposley waste tonnage on my behalf but you did it right.

havent heard a peep
May 29, 2003

My unit PUGS and our new bride -42- will be going Jade Falcon in two or three days so as your pal MechWarrior0424161 I'm looking forward to finally running group/ CW queues with ya'll. I started posting clan washout approved builds on the PUGS website and coaching my dudes on how to make a series of big cocked Cheaters, Stormies, Hellbringers, and Timbers.

havent heard a peep
May 29, 2003

i need someone to help me build a direwolf with like 4 * ER-large and max heatsinks/ range for CW. PUGS/ -42- ended up on ghost bear :(

havent heard a peep
May 29, 2003

Axetrain posted:

Aw I didn't realize the sale on stormcrows ended yesterday, welp I'm an idiot. Since I need a light mech are either the Spider or Firestarter good to pickup?

3 * firestarter good! get the -a and -s

havent heard a peep
May 29, 2003

gg on tera therma! washout why dont you ever say hello anymore :(

havent heard a peep
May 29, 2003

never change.

havent heard a peep
May 29, 2003

yesssss!

havent heard a peep
May 29, 2003

again again!

havent heard a peep
May 29, 2003

TeeMerk posted:

we had 3 dcs at the start of this match, might wanna see what programs your buddies are running friend.

e: as in 3/4 of our lance d/c'd at the beginning.

also Chronojam mumble spotting tonight. Give in to the hate!

vodka, rum, and bourbon with a spritz of nicotine.

havent heard a peep
May 29, 2003

TeeMerk posted:

use the free name change to go back to your old one friend.

its done!

havent heard a peep
May 29, 2003

woohoo!

havent heard a peep
May 29, 2003

TeeMerk posted:

Remember we are going Steiner around 10 PM EST tomorrow night, so pub drop some CW games if there isn't a goon group going and get your Marik 'mechbay.

PUGS and -42- will be rolling Steiner with you for the next two weeks. Add ts3.pugsunited.org

Looking forward to clearing rank 6 over the next few days.

havent heard a peep
May 29, 2003

Beraiye posted:

We need to go do some CW with people who know what they're doing. I'll be around all day, maybe we can go TS hopping.

Join us on ts3.pugsunited.org

havent heard a peep
May 29, 2003

Marshall Louis posted:

Russ is about to take questions after a couple beers. :getin:

god damnit just ban the accounts of an entire unit already. loving DO IT!

havent heard a peep
May 29, 2003

Washout posted:

I knew they would never actually ban the people that matter. They saw a bunch of emp/lord/comp team people on that list and that they are whales and did an immediate retraction or something similar. Or they already knew and made this announcement and gave them some warning via someone inside the company leaking information so that they would not get banned. The whole thing is going to completely ruin 4v4 matches because just one cheater in those and it's hosed. Hell the whole game can get hosed at this point, that announcement by itself just ruined all the small scale matches before they even released it.

On the plus side my steam backlog needs an rear end whooping after playing MWO for a year solid.

havent heard a peep
May 29, 2003

I got 92/100 lucky pot and finished the archer personal. I need professional help because how the gently caress am I going to spend 52m cbills when I already have the best mechs in the game?!

havent heard a peep
May 29, 2003

Stringbean posted:

Sure it does....

It's another 4000 experience towards elite :argh:

e: tried the trial DWF. How the gently caress do people enjoy Assaults. God drat. I hated every minute of it. In fact, I think the only assault I ever truly enjoyed was the KGC and it's considered mediocre overall. I'd rather play mediums and the occasional heavy.

Peak dire before the Gauss and yaw speed nerf provided a lot of my best rounds via dual Gauss, dual ppc with 180 no scope jumpjet action.

havent heard a peep
May 29, 2003

Open invite as always. If you can't find people on mumble hop on ts3.pugsunited.org

havent heard a peep
May 29, 2003

i did it. i finally gave pgi money for the drat tournament bonus.

havent heard a peep
May 29, 2003

This 4v4 poo poo is confusing and fun? Team Locust just wiped the floor with three cicadas and an ember.

havent heard a peep
May 29, 2003

Great so I still have yet to receive the email with the code and lord only knows how long it will take for PGI to get back to me on this.

edit: FIXED

havent heard a peep fucked around with this message at 00:28 on Apr 20, 2016

havent heard a peep
May 29, 2003

Tagichatn posted:

Is this game actually good now or what?

I enjoy it while smoking and joking with PUGS/ -42- & GOONS

havent heard a peep
May 29, 2003

Promotion complete. Enjoy the long Tom's ruining every CW match you ever play Steiner scum!

havent heard a peep
May 29, 2003

TeeMerk posted:

True but MS went to Davion and 228 went to Marik so I am sure there will be fights also Kurita is now the most populated faction.

Come to Jade falcon baby upinya says the water is gin.

havent heard a peep
May 29, 2003

gently caress yeah BMR1580

havent heard a peep
May 29, 2003

Great Beer posted:

What's he done now

guilty of being awesome thats what!

havent heard a peep
May 29, 2003

i have been just raw dogging enemy pilots with tbr or ebj consisting of small las or pulse and dual lbx 10

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

havent heard a peep
May 29, 2003

PUGS is basically lousy with goons.

• Locked thread