Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Paramemetic
Sep 29, 2003

Area 51. You heard of it, right?

Fallen Rib
I'm probably gonna come out of retirement briefly for the steam release as the potential for comedy is high.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Paramemetic
Sep 29, 2003

Fallen Rib
I love that GM patience is apparently completely racist and hateful of AAVE. "upinya" isn't even. . . I mean, really? Really?

Paramemetic
Sep 29, 2003

Fallen Rib

This, this is what I can't wait to see on Steam. Renaming "upinya" because . . . it's slang? Banning people for "bofa?" This will play real, real well on Steam, I'm sure, when players can review games without filtering by the company.

Paramemetic
Sep 29, 2003

Fallen Rib

Astroniomix posted:

Developers can curate the reviews for their games, but they can't do anything about that big red thumb that reads "mostly negative".

Good to know. Do they have to adhere to TOS things for Steam or will they still be able to ban people for saying "bofa"?

Paramemetic
Sep 29, 2003

Fallen Rib
For Huginn and Jenner-D pilots, the brawling never stopped.

Paramemetic
Sep 29, 2003

Fallen Rib
Is this game still the same as it was when I flamed out last year basically?

Paramemetic
Sep 29, 2003

Fallen Rib
I invented suicide light charges with Huggins for 800 damage so you know I'm all about charging

Paramemetic
Sep 29, 2003

Fallen Rib
A lot of talk about light heroes a few pages back, people praising the PB, hating on Oxide, both sentiments I agree with, but did something happen to God's Own Light Hero, the Huginn, that made it not good?

Paramemetic
Sep 29, 2003

Fallen Rib
I only ever run lights because owning people in lights is great and salt happens. Additionally I have the need for speed but that never applied to kit fox.

I heard they made ECM garbage is that true?

Also take it from an open beta vet: never give PGI money.

Paramemetic
Sep 29, 2003

Fallen Rib
So has this thing with XP already happened? I have mechs with stupid amounts of XP on them.

Paramemetic
Sep 29, 2003

Fallen Rib
I have accumulated a lot of shame XP but I'm asking if the conversion and new XP system has happened yet or if PGI is waiting for an optimal time to cock things up like usual

Paramemetic
Sep 29, 2003

Fallen Rib
Just written completely out of the history I see well I never :mad:

Edit: cheesetriangles too. The cheeseraven was disgusting in its day lmao

Paramemetic
Sep 29, 2003

Fallen Rib
I might come back but use a HOTAS

not because it would be good but because I can write an AHK script to let me inform everyone they were killed by a joystick user every time I kill someone

edit: like the time I killed a guy with a Jenner while using a Wacom pen

Paramemetic
Sep 29, 2003

Fallen Rib
I haven't played since the model rescale are light mechs actually small enough to be difficult targets at a distance now?

Paramemetic
Sep 29, 2003

Fallen Rib

Pattonesque posted:

OK so some light mechs got absolutely boned -- the Firestarter is like a small medium mech now

The Jenner is a bit larger so the Oxide, while still powerful, isn't the murderbeast it used to be

Mechs like the Spider and Arctic Cheetah and Raven were more or less untouched

The Locust actually got a bit smaller? So now you can credibly run around as a SPL Locust and own bones

Locust wolfpacks owned even when I was playing, 3-4 dudes in the 5 small pulse locust could just wreck people, especially snipers and LRM boats. It was great. PB was pretty underwhelming iirc. What happened with ECM I understand it is no longer just invisibility mode?

Great Beer posted:

The optimism in this post is adorable.

No no don't worry, I'm sure it's not a good game. But I made the mistake to go to Elite Dangerous from here and they basically are doing the same thing, a great good promising game platform but then failing to use that for anything cool or fun.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Paramemetic
Sep 29, 2003

Fallen Rib
lmao that they scaled all the lights up

That's so PGI

also whoever was saying Novas are good now might remember that I used to wreck poo poo in a Nova with ERSPLs and MGs. Game finally catching up with my meta from 2 years ago lmao

• Locked thread