Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
FARTSTAR
Jun 28, 2004

Mazreal posted:

Is the only way to get the marauder in this game to buy that 20 dollar pack on the website?

yeah but its only $8 more than buying the amount of premium time it comes with

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FARTSTAR
Jun 28, 2004
someone post a good Top Dog build my brain only sees 9xMPL

FARTSTAR
Jun 28, 2004

DiHK posted:

Yeah man, SRMs work GREAT on TOP DOG.

jfc

actually its working great in the matches ive tried so far :feelsgood:

FARTSTAR
Jun 28, 2004

Great Beer posted:

No you haven't.

E: Because I'm not sure you'll figure it out: top dog can't fit missiles, only energy weapons.

FARTSTAR
Jun 28, 2004

Razzled posted:

Is the Banshee still secret tech? I find it interesting that it's a lot cheaper than the Stormcrow

its kinda underused, i hard ever see them in T2/T1 solo queue. what sites are there for good builds other than rak's and mechspecs?

edit: banshee is also really underquirked compared to some other IS assaults.

FARTSTAR
Jun 28, 2004
wolfhound is probably the better of the 2 except for the one with AMS quirks. enforcers are really good now, too.

FARTSTAR
Jun 28, 2004

DOMDOM posted:

lot of goons still playing?

thinking about reinstalling for 2016....

or please talk me out of it :(

do it and spend all your money

FARTSTAR
Jun 28, 2004

Jack2142 posted:

Is there any reason as to why after not playing the game for a couple weeks I got my pilot skill rating dropped from 3 to 5 ?

meta it up and you could probably get a legit Death Star

FARTSTAR
Jun 28, 2004

abuse culture. posted:

by the way, the battlemaster 1s with 4LPL and a huge XL engine is still secretly the best IS mech in the entire game and nobody realizes it

metamechs barely put it on one of their tier lists today :ssh:

FARTSTAR
Jun 28, 2004
aiming isn't even hard in this game

FARTSTAR
Jun 28, 2004
cockpit shots are hard unless its a shutdown mech but you can take whatever mouse sensitivity other games require for 360 degree aiming, scrunch it into like 100 degrees of movement and still be good for armor rolling

edit: i use 400dpi and .15 sens in game

FARTSTAR fucked around with this message at 03:27 on Jan 15, 2016

FARTSTAR
Jun 28, 2004

Devorum posted:

Yet some people feel compelled to pay a monthly fee to have a program do it for them.

In other news, I think the Griffin-2N is my new favorite robot.

EDIT: What's with the CTF-3L that's N/A for both C-Bill and MC cost on the Jump Around sale chart? Are they planning on releasing a Cataphract variant with MASC?

i think its been in the data files for awhile but they never actually planned on releasing it

FARTSTAR
Jun 28, 2004
servers making GBS threads themselves tonight, apparently the most matches ever played in a day was yesterday

people must be really hungry for those colors

FARTSTAR
Jun 28, 2004
TDR 5SS, TDR-9S(the one with LPL quirks), Quickdraw 4K, BJ-1X, BLR-1s(or any of them really) mix and match for tonnage requirements.

FARTSTAR
Jun 28, 2004

DancingShade posted:

I'm hardly a top tier god amongst men kind of player but I'm pretty sure nobody is getting match scores of 4700 legit. I don't even know how you'd get that high with Helios.

Maybe if the opposing team was in on it and all stood still to let you farm points by shooting off each limb before the match timer expired.

sync dropping vs other farmers or peeps who dont care

edit: sean lang was like 3300 points on the WHM-6D leaderboard but his name got removed, 3700+ seems kinda bullshit even with the best builds unless theyre all cheesing group queue somehow

FARTSTAR fucked around with this message at 04:35 on Jan 26, 2016

FARTSTAR
Jun 28, 2004
reminder to everyone to buy a BLR-1S when the sale goes live because its the best mech in the game

FARTSTAR
Jun 28, 2004
From the townhall:

All clan negative quirks are going to be removed

IS energy range quirks are to be capped at 10%

MASC is getting a huge buff

Stalker gets retrofit

Blackjacks getting their structure quirks toned down

Russ is kinda sloshed

RIP BLR-1S

Pendulum casualty

FARTSTAR
Jun 28, 2004
Russ is gonna put Helios users' heads on pikes

FARTSTAR
Jun 28, 2004

Bolow posted:

So I've been loving around with the other Warhammers and have pretty decent builds for the 6D and 6R. I honestly have no idea what to do with the 7S though. I'm thinking something along the lines of this

http://mwo.smurfy-net.de/mechlab#i=384&l=a5b46beb4c44cce8c785425b93c890dc04c885e4

or possibly this

http://mwo.smurfy-net.de/mechlab#i=384&l=329201c0ad197a6fb3f8bc6eca8c838aa584ece8

The first one with SRM6+A x3 is what I ran on it. The 7S was the one I had the most trouble leveling and finding a good build for.

FARTSTAR
Jun 28, 2004

Mauler (R) 4x LBX is now a C-Bill printer

FARTSTAR
Jun 28, 2004
What are the best current IS mechs?

Trying to update my CW deck, right now - heres what I have

TDR-5SS, 9SE
BLR-1S
STK-4N
Maulers
MADs
BJ-1X x2
Ravens
Wolfhounds
Firestarters
Warhammers
Banshees
Atlases

my deck right now is TDR-5SS, WHM-5D, WHM-7S, BJ-1X, what should I buy?

FARTSTAR
Jun 28, 2004

Stringbean posted:

Which clan heavy should I buy. I have all the good ones, which leaves me looking at...

Summoner
Mad Dog
Orion IIC

Which can make a better gimmick build to putz around in?

MDDs can make splatdogs or spam LRM5 builds which are fun, summoner is kinda tanky and agile with jjs and can poptart pretty well. Orion IIC I have no idea, they dont have any quirks but look like they can take the most meta loadouts of the 3.

FARTSTAR
Jun 28, 2004

Axetrain posted:

I like guns more than lasers but I would like to do both on different chassis. I guess that tips me towards the Warhams, but those structure quirks look real good on the BK.

you can do really well in the 6D xl 325 3xLPL 4xML or 2xMPL, the playstyle is more pokey than the BK since it cant tank like the BK. The other variants are cool but the 6D is really the best one.

FARTSTAR
Jun 28, 2004
first match with the champ shadowcat with PPCs instead of LPLs 750 dmg 2 kills

why do people poo poo on the shadowcat the thing is a jumpsniping beast and MASC is crazy for hillhumping

FARTSTAR
Jun 28, 2004
ghost bears are the worst faction to play for right now as a solo merc

FARTSTAR
Jun 28, 2004

thats better than a complete reset, also gives xp past mastery meaning now

whats the new meta for IS I havent really played since they rebalanced quirks over 10%

FARTSTAR
Jun 28, 2004
always use the kodiak warhorn in an urbie

FARTSTAR
Jun 28, 2004
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sI1rot6AYh4

i made a sound mod for weapons, theres some delay on it but its playable. anyone know how to get rid of the delays? using FMOD designer and 16 bit pcm 44100-48000hz tracks for the mod currently
I've tried to mess around with different formats but I got the delay issue as small as possible right now. I dont think any other weapon sound mods have delays so I have to be missing something.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FARTSTAR
Jun 28, 2004
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LOqbniPVhF8

I'm making a physics mod to go with my weapon mod, finally got the weapon delay bug fixed

• Locked thread