Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Bentai
Jul 8, 2004

NERF THIS!

Banked Premium Time: 6,720 Hours
:confuoot:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bentai
Jul 8, 2004

NERF THIS!

Private matches cost MC though, right?

Bentai
Jul 8, 2004

NERF THIS!

Coolwhoami posted:

Please dont use a joystick or controller to play this game.
Reminds me of something 7c Nickel whipped up back in the early days of open beta:

Bentai
Jul 8, 2004

NERF THIS!

WarLocke posted:

My animu knowledge is lacking, who is that supposed to be in the cockpit?
I think it's one of the bridge officers from Macross/Robotech.

Bentai
Jul 8, 2004

NERF THIS!

Have fun today. :D

Bentai
Jul 8, 2004

NERF THIS!

Is it worth chucking the CBills at the weapon modules for range/cooldown?

Bentai
Jul 8, 2004

NERF THIS!

Is the Illest Marmoset a good MC buy?

Bentai
Jul 8, 2004

NERF THIS!

Dakkawolf.

Bentai
Jul 8, 2004

NERF THIS!

RIP the end of your holiday break. :(

Bentai
Jul 8, 2004

NERF THIS!

With clan mechs, what's the deal with the click-button boxes for the arm/hand actuators? Does it arm lock if you uncheck them?

Bentai
Jul 8, 2004

NERF THIS!

Shooting blues in a slosh op event? Always.

Bentai
Jul 8, 2004

NERF THIS!

gently caress it, let's just syncdrop like the old times, if we miss we miss.

Bentai
Jul 8, 2004

NERF THIS!

That video made my day, thank you Noble Bird Warrior.

Bentai
Jul 8, 2004

NERF THIS!

AFAIK it's not a bannable offense, but if GM Patience or whoever gets a hair up their rear end, they'll probably point to the chat logs and say you've been repeatedly spamming in text chat.

Bentai
Jul 8, 2004

NERF THIS!

Finally getting back into the groove of driving lights. I did A Bad last night during a conquest match though. Last mech alive on my team and instead of bailing on a zombie Crab and trying to grab another resource zone, I kept harvesting butt meat to get an extra kill. Odds are that prooooobably cost my team victory by 20 points.

Bentai
Jul 8, 2004

NERF THIS!

If it didn't cost me half of my acquired CB, I'd probably try building it.

Bentai
Jul 8, 2004

NERF THIS!

Time to stick close to your ECM buddy. Or waste tonnage on AMS umbrella.

Bentai
Jul 8, 2004

NERF THIS!

I need to hang out with more light pilots, feel like I'm behind the curve.

Bentai
Jul 8, 2004

NERF THIS!

teepo posted:

i won a match by powering down :agesilaus:
Those were two great matches. A power down win (courtesy of the 12th enemy overheat dying and Ghost Bear pubbies being awful shots), and then we managed to roll the same Ghost Bears that were on our team on the following match.

Also, Menturion is still a Good Mech.

Bentai
Jul 8, 2004

NERF THIS!

Click the down arrow next to quick play and uncheck oceanic. Euro too if wanted.

Bentai
Jul 8, 2004

NERF THIS!

We need a good :effort: post for how CW works and to throw it into the OP.

Bentai
Jul 8, 2004

NERF THIS!

Over the weekend I kitted out an Atlas S according to the Goon Guide to Good Robots, and holy hell that this is amazing. I've made other assaults flee from a single CT alpha, and straight up ruined so many lights and mediums. After playing for the last 3-ish years as a dedicated light player, it's been cathartic.

Bentai
Jul 8, 2004

NERF THIS!

quote:

• Emerald Taiga: Trees are now breakable (all 6000 of them).
Seems like a challenge.

Bentai
Jul 8, 2004

NERF THIS!

Washout posted:

Little 5 dollar packs with skins and stupid warhorns would sell like crazy. How does PGI not see any of this stuff. Also I still am waiting for my police skin for my urbanmech.

Only if they can get approval to use the "Police Squad" theme for a warhorn.

Bentai
Jul 8, 2004

NERF THIS!

Or to me. Loved the work from the Oldbirds.

Bentai
Jul 8, 2004

NERF THIS!

Lonjon posted:

I want to buy a 3rd Dad during this sale event so I can finally Elite my current Dads. I have Ghost Dad and Loyalty Dad. What would be a good 3rd Dad?
I hear the RS is alright.

Bentai
Jul 8, 2004

NERF THIS!

Best reason to pick up the Snowfall pattern:

Well, best reason if you want your Atlas to look like its got chicken pox (or zits).

Bentai
Jul 8, 2004

NERF THIS!

TeeMerk posted:

How did the Clan Purple Bird CW drops go?
Outside of the 3 or 4 Ghost Drops, absolute steamroll every time. 10/10 would CW again.

Bentai
Jul 8, 2004

NERF THIS!

Internet Explorer posted:

"Cheating prevention is opsec" screams of small company who doesn't know what they're doing. The perception of cheating is what matters. If cheaters get away with cheating but the public at large thinks the problem is solved, your game will flourish. If you catch most cheating but the public thinks you aren't doing anything to combat hackers, your game will tank. I highly doubt you can do a better job than Valve to combat cheating, and they are open with their anti-cheat measures (and even handle it from a PR point of view).

You'll have to excuse me if I don't have the utmost faith in a company to catch cheaters "silently" when it took them 2 years to adjust some xml values to unfuck game balance.
JFC not this poo poo again.

Bentai
Jul 8, 2004

NERF THIS!

Unboxing Day posted:

After peeking at some of the suggestions in this thread, I decided to get a Ghost Dad since it was on sale. Currently running a build suggested by a goon with AC/20, 3x SRM6's + Artemis, and 2x medium lasers on a 350 engine.

I presume the way I'm supposed to play it is to be at the front of a push and attract the most attention (and take the brunt of the damage) while other mechs do the dirty work, and if somebody comes in range of my weapons I delete them. Plus provide ECM cover for my lance in any case, no matter if we're pushing or trying to be sneaky, to prevent LRM spam. Sound about right, or am I completely off base/bad?
That's about right. Go slow, hit hard, die shiny and chrome. Laugh as enemy mechs get cored in 1-2 shots.

Bentai
Jul 8, 2004

NERF THIS!

Stringbean posted:

I set up OBS the other night, one button pressed at the beginning of game, one button pressed at end. Great quality too
What settings did you use?

Thronde posted:

Anyone have the :pgi: time line link ChronoJam made?
http://www.tiki-toki.com/timeline/entry/250736/Mechwarrior-Online-Mismanaging-Expectations#vars!date=2011-10-23_13:32:00!

Bentai
Jul 8, 2004

NERF THIS!

Well you want to make sure it's a clean even burn.

Bentai
Jul 8, 2004

NERF THIS!

The game waits for all players to be connected and loaded into the game server. The ready/not-ready state has no bearing on the countdown timer, because :pgi:

Bentai
Jul 8, 2004

NERF THIS!

Please, please, PLEASE get on mumble when you plan to shoot robots. It's pretty horrible when I log into MWO see 30+ people online, but maybe 8 people on mumble. Don't be a pubbie.

Bentai
Jul 8, 2004

NERF THIS!

Good thing modern WoL is already mediocre!

Bentai
Jul 8, 2004

NERF THIS!

Bait and Swatch posted:

No you see, PGI is in bed with the companies making the hacks for a percentage of those sweet, sweet Helios dollars.
I would like to see a fanfic based around shady back room deals between Russ and the Helios devs.

Bentai
Jul 8, 2004

NERF THIS!

Washout posted:

It was great for about 3 weeks until they reset the meta back to long range with the new map (long range meta favors people using aim bots and wallhacks). Basically the Devs are hugely disconnected from how the game actually plays and constantly and consistently make really unusually boneheaded balance and map decisions. The CEO and his second in command are really bad game designers as well and almost everything they do makes things worse.

If they start banning cheaters again and implement the 4v4 game mode the game might really start to turn around.
Honestly the new map isn't that awful. Just maneuver under cover and let the other team get frustrated and push up because they're not getting any/many shots.

Bentai
Jul 8, 2004

NERF THIS!

AutoHotKey is your friend for these kind of things.

Bentai
Jul 8, 2004

NERF THIS!

Maybe the engine? DHS/Endo would let you put in a STD400, 608/614 armor, 5t of LRM and 2t of AC/10.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bentai
Jul 8, 2004

NERF THIS!

Because it's been a bit:

• Locked thread