Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
mashed
Jul 27, 2004

I played for the first time since CW came out last night. Brawling seems to be viable again and the Menturion is fun. I also managed to drop in a stupid cent ah I didn't even know I owned that had an AC20 and an LRM10 :psyduck:

All in all shot robots had fun. Madness.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mashed
Jul 27, 2004

I've been running a top dog thunderbolt with LPLs on it for the last few days and it seems to work pretty well. Certainly seems viable as a cbill grinding hero mech at least.

mashed
Jul 27, 2004

Alpine was made as an answer to terrible grogs bitching that the maps weren't big enough. So they made alpine :shepface:

mashed
Jul 27, 2004

TeeMerk posted:

Im pretty sure there are two, at least from the picture I saw. Did you have an accident?

Pretty sure modern science hasn't developed a lens powerful enough to confirm that for sure.

mashed
Jul 27, 2004

Number19 posted:

Also, if you're not yelling "WITNESS ME" into comms while leading a push you're doing it wrong.

:perfect:

mashed
Jul 27, 2004

Thunderbolts are still entertaining if you like lasers.

mashed
Jul 27, 2004

Ice Fist posted:

What if I told you that I am literally the worst?

*he said with a hand full of ERPPCs and a twinkle in his eye*

You need to get your literally worst self back in mech jabber :colbert:

mashed
Jul 27, 2004

Ice Fist posted:

There's a 100% chance that I will not get in Jabber.

:negative:

mashed
Jul 27, 2004

Chronojam come play robots. Remember you are no longer bound by the suicide pact.

Do it before they take brawling away again.

mashed
Jul 27, 2004

Accepting that pubbies will always disappoint you is the key to finding happiness.

mashed
Jul 27, 2004

I'm not actually minding polar highlands even when playing a brawling angry dad atlas on it. We had a fun conquest game the other day where we got totally outcapped by a couple of ecm lights but then meat grinder-ed through their entire team minus one light in a big swirling brawl.

Pubs loading up on lrums hoping for polar highlands just means running into more hopeless HOLD LOCKS GUYZZZZ :byodood: on other maps where lrms are worthless garbage :shrug:

mashed
Jul 27, 2004

Such is the way of things. LRM pubs are never going to stop. Play in bigger goon groups I guess.

mashed
Jul 27, 2004

Oh Snapple! posted:

Playing in larger groups sucks poo poo

GG close I guess.

mashed
Jul 27, 2004

Pair up a DDC and an S for the best of both ghostdadding and dickpunching. Also you get to make silly mumble shittalk about having two dads. Truly the best of both worlds.

mashed
Jul 27, 2004

Pubbie ingame voip makes lrm boats even better. They can whine about holding locks as well as textspam it. They can also rage about not enough people capping or going back to base. I love pubbie voip.

mashed
Jul 27, 2004

Playing this game with goons is infinitely more fun than soloing. Plus you get to hear fun goon life anecdotes while shooting robots. Occasionally there is even good teamwork and poo poo going on.

mashed
Jul 27, 2004

armchairyoda posted:

loving LIES.

You don't get to keep our late night chats to yourself :colbert: Shittalking while robutting must be shared by all.

mashed
Jul 27, 2004

When we go davion pubbies are going to flip.

mashed
Jul 27, 2004

Bentai posted:

Good thing modern WoL is already mediocre!

Old Wol was also :mediocre:

If any goons get caught in this ban wave we are going to laugh loving long and hard at you.

mashed
Jul 27, 2004

They published a list the last time they banned people. :rip: modpud.

mashed
Jul 27, 2004

A.o.D. posted:

If I get banned, it will be for using cl ER LL to draw dickbutt in the snow.

If that happens you have probably won mwo at that point.

mashed
Jul 27, 2004

Twerking Urbie Kerensky

mashed
Jul 27, 2004

Devorum posted:

I can't believe you scum are assuming the hallowed Twerkenmech Bloodname without a Trial of Position.

*trial of twerking

mashed
Jul 27, 2004

Those claws and no melee :negative:

mashed
Jul 27, 2004

Suicide feet artillery when you are about to die is a pro move. Especially when you take some extra goons with you.

mashed
Jul 27, 2004

sebmojo posted:

I recorded a game where someone got taken out and dropped an airstrike as they died that obliterated two of their own teammates. it was legit hilarious.

I figure if goons are going to witness me arrive in valhalla it may as well be firsthand :shrug:

mashed
Jul 27, 2004

ZenVulgarity posted:

That's poo poo I figured out when I was 14 and I was on 56k internet. How the gently caress does anyone not know that.

We got over 1000 unique people to do it during the closed beta and early open beta days. When 3rd person first got added it was bound to F4. Cultural victory :3:

mashed
Jul 27, 2004

Make the Inner Sphere great again.

mashed
Jul 27, 2004

Holy poo poo you actually think that tabletop systems can work well in a realtime first person game :magical:

mashed
Jul 27, 2004

Skoll posted:

Eh, that or time to start charging people for invites.

Indentured servitude until they pay back their invite fee. Sounds totally reasonable and enforceable.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mashed
Jul 27, 2004

I made a prototype of an improved skill tree. It has 8 skill slots and higher tier skills are indicated by rings. The red circle gets bigger as you add more skills. Stats related to the skills could be displayed there.

I think we can agree this is strong improvement on the PTS2 version.

• Locked thread