Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
veedubfreak
Apr 2, 2005

by Smythe

sebmojo posted:

The old mechlab used to make me real mad, the new one doesn't.

I kind of sneakily like the new match choosing minigame too, it's pointless and dumb but it's pretty, it fills a gap and has a hilarious meta associated with it where (I'm guessing) everyone is trying to pick the map they think no one else will want to bump their multiplier up.

Never not vote terra skirmish.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

veedubfreak
Apr 2, 2005

by Smythe

Cyrano4747 posted:

Eh, usually I get in a game with no more than a minute or two of waiting. A lot of it is also dependent on what mech you're piloting. When the Marauder dropped the line was nuts if you were driving a heavy, but anything else got right in.

As of yesterday, Heavies were still over 50%.

veedubfreak
Apr 2, 2005

by Smythe

Rhymenoserous posted:

So? The meta is actually in a pretty good place right now. My biggest gripe about the game as it stands at the moment is the absurd monetization scheme.

Maybe, but in pug games, the retards still spread out and wander in 1 by 1. God I hate people that can't understand the concept of stay together and focus fire.

veedubfreak
Apr 2, 2005

by Smythe

KodiakRS posted:

I started playing about the same time everyone else started quitting and just managed to get out of the trial period. Would I be better off just re-starting and using the 25 match starting boost to buy something useful (I have a cataphract) or does it not really matter? Also, would someone please PM me the WOL mumble info? (I have applied but no one has pushed button yet)

They buffed the cadet bonus and they also added the tutorial which gives you 6? mil. Starting over might be the better idea. Also, you start tier5 now instead of tier 4 as a new player.

veedubfreak
Apr 2, 2005

by Smythe
I run my ebons with 2ppc and 1 small laser (forces the ppcs into the shoulder) and filled with heatsinks
2ll and a uac5
all the lrms

3 ebons and and an arctic cheater with 6 spl for CW.

veedubfreak
Apr 2, 2005

by Smythe
The only time to ever spend money on this game is if you want a hero mech that has a different set of hardpoints (IS) or you want the 30% cbill bonus.

veedubfreak
Apr 2, 2005

by Smythe
The IIC mechs are IS mechs for CW right?

Also, tier 3 pub drops are a steaming pile of poo poo. The amount of window licking t5s in the queue is staggering.

veedubfreak
Apr 2, 2005

by Smythe

Xenothral posted:

I think it might actually be impossible for me to not love this Griffin.

Drop 2 jj and 1 medium and put artemis on it.

veedubfreak
Apr 2, 2005

by Smythe

Vorenus posted:

Any thoughts on this? It's a Streakcrow but with dumbfire SRMs. I don't think I've ever seen one of these, but I think it looks like an amazing facewrecker.

http://mwo.smurfy-net.de/mechlab#i=185&l=c4202ed97426c7b5cac94230a9cbcd9625eb1dd0

It's going to run hot as balls. I run the same thing but with a spl in the head and no artemis. I have a bunch of extra heatsinks and still overheat alot. Usually good for 800+ damage before I run dry too.

veedubfreak
Apr 2, 2005

by Smythe

Magnetic North posted:

What is the normal cost of Mechbays? I thought someone said they were on sale, but they aren't indicated as such.

300 mc. They go on sale for 150 from time to time.

veedubfreak
Apr 2, 2005

by Smythe
I use left and right mouse for the corresponding AC20 and usually a thumb button for alpha and or other weapons. There are times when the heat penalty is worth it. Like when you manage to sneak up behind someone in a boomjager.

veedubfreak
Apr 2, 2005

by Smythe

Bait and Swatch posted:

Is the weird gravity why it feels like I am stuck in glue when trying to move up a hill?

No, that is because :pgi: put in tonnage base climbing. Also, see that tiny pebble? It will keep your Atlas from moving forward.

veedubfreak
Apr 2, 2005

by Smythe
AMG GUYS, for just 40 bucks you can get 25 extra grab bags.

Totally gonna preorder that Archer bundle now.

veedubfreak
Apr 2, 2005

by Smythe

A.o.D. posted:

6 small pulse is the limit before you hit ghost heat. 6xsml pulse + ecm is the all purpose optimal arctic cheetah build. There's other things you can do, but none of the other fits are as good.

You hosed up on the stormcrow. That's the best medium in the game. The only things it can't do are fit ecm and/or jump. It does every other role, and does them about as well as a medium can do them.

To add to this, the stormcrow moves at over 100kph and carries more damage output than an IS heavy. It really is a dirty dirty mech. I just wish I could get my hands on one that had a cbill bonus. It just feels wrong playing a mech without the 30% bonus these days.

veedubfreak
Apr 2, 2005

by Smythe

Willfrey posted:

another bad thing about the K2's that was changed from ye olde days of yore is your torso pitch angle was reduced, cant hit people high up slopes

The jager does everything the K2 can do except better :(

veedubfreak
Apr 2, 2005

by Smythe

WebDO posted:

Can one of the prizes be firing Paul and Russ thanks in advance

+1

veedubfreak
Apr 2, 2005

by Smythe
What did you end up with?

veedubfreak
Apr 2, 2005

by Smythe
heh just got 1052 and 5 kills in the splat timber. Running in a group that is mostly t4 is super fun.

veedubfreak
Apr 2, 2005

by Smythe
No no, i was just saying all i ever heard was that Zeus was bad mech. I don't own them, I was merely asking.

Get on mumbles 19 lets shoot robers.

veedubfreak
Apr 2, 2005

by Smythe

Love Stole the Day posted:

yes

phantom heat still exists and they nerfed sniper boats.

we ran into a team with 2 4 gauss dires sitting back and wrecking poo poo. Valid strat, but we only had 3 in the group at the time and the pubbies just kept ignoring them.

veedubfreak
Apr 2, 2005

by Smythe
yelling FOLLOW DAD is much easier than trying to position a bunch of people.

veedubfreak
Apr 2, 2005

by Smythe

A.o.D. posted:

It does.

Don't forget that last SRM4 is going to fire 2 volleys. Not as bad as 3xASRM6s, but still not ideal.

edit: oh my loving god put at least 1 jump jet on there.

Obviously the correct load out is lrm 10 lrm 5 and a streak 2. Duh.

veedubfreak
Apr 2, 2005

by Smythe

Tindahbawx posted:

Man, MW:LL was such a good game, I assume its dead as hell these days?

Is it possible to transfer mechs into and out of bays, say you're not using a mech and want to free up its bay, is it possible to do that without outright selling the mech? The interface in the Mechlab is somewhat confusing.

You silly silly person. Being able to do that would lower the amount of mech bays people have to spend $$ on.

veedubfreak
Apr 2, 2005

by Smythe
Behold. If you somehow ended up with a Loyalty crab, this is entertaining for a game or 2 at a time and is even more hilarious when it works.

Publord Special

veedubfreak fucked around with this message at 21:26 on Jan 14, 2016

veedubfreak
Apr 2, 2005

by Smythe
Someone brought up Victors earlier. With how hardcore the nerfed the poo poo out of Orions and Victors, I wonder if I can get a refund on my Dragonslayer and Protector. Such terrible terrible mechs now.

veedubfreak
Apr 2, 2005

by Smythe
I blew the side torso off a spider the other day and it didn't die. All I could think was "WHO PUTS A STANDARD ENGINE IN A SPIDER". As I put another volley of srms into his face.

veedubfreak
Apr 2, 2005

by Smythe
You did the most damage to a mech that died.

So basically this event should just be called STOP CHANGING TARGETS STUPID.

veedubfreak
Apr 2, 2005

by Smythe
Just bring lrms and you'll never have to worry about what map you get. :pgi:

veedubfreak
Apr 2, 2005

by Smythe

Supraluminal posted:

Are MGs still considered to be useful for chewing up unarmored sections? I know they used to be a popular choice but lately I don't see them so much.

I mainly ask because I have a Huginn and am pondering whether I should keep the MGs or just cram in more SRM-related stuff.

MG are pretty much purely for gimmick mechs. Like the 6mg King Crab.

veedubfreak
Apr 2, 2005

by Smythe
Welp, more free warhorns, time to pubcrawl the LRM King Crab and wreck some pubbies for 15 kills.

veedubfreak
Apr 2, 2005

by Smythe

ZenVulgarity posted:

I run my lb10x Crab and do fine in t3

I cracked 1000 damage and 5 kills in my MG/LPL/LRM King Crab over the weekend. Tier 3 pubbies are still mostly retarded.

The best Battlemaster is the one with xl400 and 7 MPL that goes like 82kph.

If I still have 5k MC from events and such, what heroes are on sale that are worth caring about?

I think I'm gonna request a refund on my Dragonslayer. They nerfed Victors so hard, I don't think they're ever going to be viable again.

veedubfreak
Apr 2, 2005

by Smythe
4xasrm6 + ac20 with a 360 filled with heatsinks is still hot as balls. There is no reason to put mediums on an Atlas, unless it's an RS or Boarshead.

veedubfreak
Apr 2, 2005

by Smythe
So there's no way to buy a cbill bonus Hellbringer without dropping 6090 bucks for the loki pack"? Why does :pgi: have such a lovely pricing scheme.

veedubfreak
Apr 2, 2005

by Smythe
Always leg Marauders. Since the CT is about 4 pixels wide.

veedubfreak
Apr 2, 2005

by Smythe

Sharks Dont Sleep posted:

You only get the (I) invasion variants buying a'la carte from wave 1.

You have to buy full packages with the other waves.

This, for some reason, they only allowed ala cart for phase 1, which is how i got my Twolf(I). I ended up just buying the 3 marauders and stripped em all. Now to find all the best pieces and start leveling.

2uac5 and a ton of small pulses you say.

veedubfreak
Apr 2, 2005

by Smythe

Marshall Louis posted:

Guys I have the HBR-Prime(I) and I have never owned a mist lynx or or ice weasel ferret thing. A la carte does work for wave ii.

Fakedit: Yes I make bad life choices...but at least I didn't buy a poo poo weasel.

Still not sure how I feel about the Hellbringer.

veedubfreak
Apr 2, 2005

by Smythe
To be fair, pound for pound the clan mechs got overnerfed. The negative quirks, plus the heatsink nerfs. Clan mechs right now are basically more fragile than IS mechs, which is kind of odd.

Not to mention they're all as wide as an Awesome.

veedubfreak
Apr 2, 2005

by Smythe
Hey fuckers. Apparently girl is still purple but WOL just turned blue. Some of you girl fuckers get on mumble. I'm tired of playing with myself :gigidy:.

veedubfreak
Apr 2, 2005

by Smythe
So I bought the Marauder pack cause I'm bad with money. Does it just not work until you get it fully basic'd/elited or am I just really out of practice with AC5s?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

veedubfreak
Apr 2, 2005

by Smythe

Yolomon Wayne posted:

gently caress converting xp to xp for mc, i want to convert xp to mc instead.

Same. If I combined my Timber, my Ilya and my Firebrand I have over 1 mil xp. Hell I'm already sitting on over 60k GXP.

Double xp does sound good though since I just bought crabs, urbies, marauders and hellbringers. Guess I need to turn on a month of banked premium too.

• Locked thread