Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Internet Explorer
Jun 1, 2005

#19, why did they wait until just now to make incremental changes to quirks and gauss to improve the brawling meta? It has been terrible for a long time already. Why now?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Internet Explorer
Jun 1, 2005

Number19 posted:

I am playing robots tonight and brawling. It is very fun.

Never thought I'd see the day.

Internet Explorer
Jun 1, 2005

Before ghost heat they were super fun with 4 UAC5.

Internet Explorer
Jun 1, 2005

What am I supposed to do these days to get back into WOL or GIRL? And what's the mumble info? The OP still has registering for the forums and Star Citizen, which can't possibly be current.

Internet Explorer
Jun 1, 2005

Did someone just mention modpod in a positive light and no one batted and eyelash?

Internet Explorer
Jun 1, 2005

I can't tell which one is the pubbie...

Internet Explorer
Jun 1, 2005

Number 19, now that you've fixed brawling I have another impossible task for you. Can you please make it so that modules, etc. are selected when you drop? That way we don't have to constantly go into the mech lab or buy multiple very expensive modules for each mech we pilot. Thanks Number 19!

Internet Explorer
Jun 1, 2005

A Curvy Goonette posted:

lmao polar highlands is so bad. averaging two and a half minutes per match before you even see the other team

Just an awful, awful map. I seriously don't understand how it got thought up, let alone released.

Internet Explorer
Jun 1, 2005

So after slamming my dick in the door over and over again on Arctic Polar Winds whatever that dumb map is called, I think it's time to stop dropping in a brawling DDC for a bit. I have a good group of lights but not really anything for longer range type stuff. Anyone have any recommendations? Is Gauss still hosed? I see it in most of the Metamechs builds. What's the difference between clan guess and IS Gauss? Something with the build up?

Internet Explorer fucked around with this message at 20:38 on Jan 20, 2016

Internet Explorer
Jun 1, 2005

Pattonesque posted:

clan and IS gauss are identical except clan gauss is three tons lighter

gauss is a bit better now because the cooldown went from 5.5s to 5s. Still probably not great on single-gauss builds, but not bad on dual-gauss

Ah, okay. I thought there was something else. I guess I'll just be boring and put 3 large pulses in a Stormcrow.

In regards to the number of mechs, it's pretty crazy. I have way too many mechs and I have a hard time picking any that are good and fun to play.

Internet Explorer
Jun 1, 2005

I played a couple of matches as an arctic cheetah with a narc, hoping to get polar but no dice. Was still pretty neat, though. Narc some fool and watch them get peppered. More people than usual are using LRMs.

Internet Explorer
Jun 1, 2005

"Cheating prevention is opsec" screams of small company who doesn't know what they're doing. The perception of cheating is what matters. If cheaters get away with cheating but the public at large thinks the problem is solved, your game will flourish. If you catch most cheating but the public thinks you aren't doing anything to combat hackers, your game will tank. I highly doubt you can do a better job than Valve to combat cheating, and they are open with their anti-cheat measures (and even handle it from a PR point of view).

You'll have to excuse me if I don't have the utmost faith in a company to catch cheaters "silently" when it took them 2 years to adjust some xml values to unfuck game balance.

Internet Explorer
Jun 1, 2005

Bentai posted:

JFC not this poo poo again.

:rolleyes:

Internet Explorer
Jun 1, 2005

Melchior posted:

Mech purchases are hourly, I learned this the hard way.

Yeah, in hilariously :pgi: fashion you have to wait an hour to use the mechs you buy. Nothing builds up excitement like having to run a few errands while waiting for your order for digital goods to process!

Internet Explorer
Jun 1, 2005

Sacrilege.

Internet Explorer
Jun 1, 2005

Bait and Swatch posted:

I wish ammo explosions did AOE damage so I could do suicide runs in light mechs

Oh come on, is no one going to touch this? Why can't we talk about how awesome Stackpoling would be in this game?

Internet Explorer
Jun 1, 2005

Anyone else notice the servers running particularly lovely today? Seems like I am getting stuck at "connecting" an awful lot.

Internet Explorer
Jun 1, 2005

Has there ever been any discussion on making it so you could loan out mechs? Would be awesome for getting friends into the game. Doesn't have to be fancy. Just make it so they can't edit the mech and you can't use it while they have it. Give either player the ability to give it back whenever. Doesn't seem like it would cause any major issues and would probably increase the population by a lot.

Internet Explorer
Jun 1, 2005

That Gobbo posted:

What's the best mech if I wanted to go full anti-LRMs? I remember seeing a Nova build in here with 3 AMS which sounds fun as hell.

Unfortunately, AMS are garbage. Just pick up something with ECM.

Internet Explorer
Jun 1, 2005

Super 3 posted:

Can anything pack triple AMS and ECM?

Kit Fox

Internet Explorer
Jun 1, 2005

Sorry, I will only support melee in MWO if it is in the form of a QTE akin to an intense light-saber battle between Jedi.

Internet Explorer
Jun 1, 2005

ZombyDog posted:

Running laps is a fools game and something I keep doing then dying while my target is laughing about scoring a free kill, don't be like me.

Being an assault in the racecar around Caustic gives you this slow sinking pit in your stomach. The thought, "I should just turn around and face the music" rising the entire time.

Internet Explorer
Jun 1, 2005

Lonjon posted:

Flamers were always able to add heat. The only thing this patch changes is that heat will now be applied to the target robot in addition to the firing robot.

:pgi:

How many years? How many?

Internet Explorer
Jun 1, 2005

Internet Explorer
Jun 1, 2005

They used to have turrets. Not sure what happened there.

Internet Explorer
Jun 1, 2005

Stop using a joystick.

Internet Explorer
Jun 1, 2005

With a steak crow, does it make sense to split the missiles up into 2 fire groups, or do you just eat the ghost heat because it's not significant?

Internet Explorer
Jun 1, 2005

Why didn't anyone tell me streak crows were so much fun?

Internet Explorer
Jun 1, 2005

A.o.D. posted:

I use three fire buttons for my streak crow. One for TAG, one for all launchers on chain fire, and one for FIRE EVERYTHING. Sometimes, when hunting lights, you have a very narrow window of opportunity to loose your arrows before the light breaks your lock or ducks behind cover, so you gotta let that little poo poo know who's boss asap.

Is there a way of doing the chain fire / alpha thing by making two groups, or do you just out the group on chain fire and then map a key to alpha strike?

Internet Explorer
Jun 1, 2005

I ran into a dude with dual Gauss on a Hunchback IIC. Had some good aim and was peeling off pieces of my light with each volley. poo poo hurt!

Internet Explorer
Jun 1, 2005

Are there any fun ShadowCat builds? Seems like if I just wanted ECM and 2 ER Large Lasers I would play a Raven.

Internet Explorer
Jun 1, 2005

Pattonesque posted:

The 3-SSRM6 plus 2ML SHC is a really good light hunter. SCR has a better alpha and is more survivable but the SHC can use MASC and JJs to get more shots on fleeing lights

Thanks for the suggestions.

Also, it would be nice if there was an arm lock toggle key. It's jarring going to something that has nothing in the arm mounts.

Internet Explorer
Jun 1, 2005

Raged posted:

You can set a key to toggle it on or off. Just look in the key binding section.

Holy poo poo, thank you. I somehow overlooked that like 3 times.

Internet Explorer
Jun 1, 2005

Raged posted:

Yep and if you can't get 750 by then time the timer runs out you tie.
Twitch chat hates the idea

I actually like Conquest and that's one of the dumbest ideas I've ever heard. Russ is easily one of the worst game designers ever.

Internet Explorer
Jun 1, 2005

What is it with people's fascinations with night maps. Yay, I get to use nightvision!

Internet Explorer
Jun 1, 2005

I picked up the Hunchback IIC, planning to do the dual gauss thing and I just seem to do a terrible amount of damage. Is that expected for dual gauss builds, because your damage is so precise?

Internet Explorer
Jun 1, 2005

WarLocke posted:

The TRO fluff for the Hollander is almost literally "this was the cheapest way we could make a Gauss Rifle with legs"

I really wish they'd put the Hollander in game. Such a fun mech in MechCommander.

Internet Explorer
Jun 1, 2005

DOMDOM posted:

Will you judge me if I tell you my whiskey comes out of a plastic bottle?

What the gently caress

Internet Explorer
Jun 1, 2005

Phi230 posted:

I'm about to buy my first mech. I'm leaning toward a Timberwolf Prime.

Cool.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Internet Explorer
Jun 1, 2005

Guess it's time to install Helios!

• Locked thread