Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006
My hype meter nudged ever so slightly off of the 0 position.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006

Thoatse posted:

Hairbrained Battletech melee

Don't stop I'm almost there :flashfap:

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006

NihilCredo posted:

You want to play a Marauder-3R and don't like too much facetime? Boy do I have the build for you.

PPCs aren't really compatible with an AC/20 build. I've had much, much better luck with a 2x LPL 1x AC/20 build. The burn time on IS LPLs isn't so bad, so you can do the twist again, like we did last summer.

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006

Artificer posted:

Even as a SRM boat?

Especially as an SRM boat.

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006

WarLocke posted:

Why did I never try the AC20 Raven? This poo poo is hilarious. Plus everyone hates on you for being a slow urby.

e: Do heat sinks in legs get a bonus for being in water in MWO?

Yes but the heat scale in MWO is hosed and the bonus is meaningless.

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006
It's a shame they aren't including the Light AC/2 and AC/5 those are good guns.

Hopefully the Light and Snub PPCs are as useful as they should be.

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006

PoptartsNinja posted:

It's garbage, you're not missing out on anything.

Edit: That may be the dumbest way I've ever seen ATMs implemented, but ATMs are very good. Base is 3x12 damage at SRM ranges, 2x12 at LRM ranges, and then 1x12 at longer-than-LRM ranges.

There's no reason for a Clan machine to use SRMs or LRMs if ATMs are in play, especially if they're direct fire.

Tabletop Light PPCs have slightly better range than Inner Sphere ER Medium Lasers for the same heat and damage, but weigh 3x as much. They're not bad for assaults who're crit locked and need to kill some tonnage, but most of the time ER Mediums will serve you better.

Heavy Gauss does 25 damage base but is going to have a pretty crippling damage drop-off. 18 tons per unless my memory has failed me completely. Light Gauss Rifles are some of the better "light" ballistic weapons in tabletop so chances are they'll be garbage in MWO. They're still too heavy for most light `Mechs but are a good fit for lighter mediums with ballistics slots.

Light PPCs have the same range as regular PPCs 3/6/12/18 vs the ER medium's 4/8/12, and they'll likely do their damage all at once instead of spread out over a significant amount of time. They might be a good bit better in MWO than in TT.

edit: I've been beaten to the punch.

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006

armchairyoda posted:

He died pretty quick and was proud of his *almost* 100 damage dealt. :v:

Sometimes I worry that maybe I'm the crazy person and maybe... nah. gently caress that guy.

That build will probably make a lot more sense when light engines become available.

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006

EoRaptor posted:

I'm picturing a hojillion Battlemasters with light engines and light ppc's. It's going to be :iamafag:

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006

Cyrano4747 posted:

The real question is if IS ya s are going to work like the is uac5 does now.

ya s

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006

Rysithusiku posted:

The exe has 3 energy mounts at cockpit level. I fill them with large lasers. Reserve hand mounts for brawly poo poo. Smalls, spls, srms, whatever.
e: also it has 16 hardlocked dhs. If you can't fit enough heatsinks you're doing something wrong.

You mean PPCs right? After all, we're talking poptarts here.

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006

Skippy McPants posted:

It looks okay? I mean, I like the concept art a bit more, but the 3D model is fine.

It's the Annihilator that got the really poo poo model.

I don't hate it.

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006

Willfrey posted:

MW5 is in a playable alpha state right now. Its pretty bare bones, but they do have working netcode and a couple of maps you can do 12 vs 12 on

I see what you did there.

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006
how many times are they going to loving do Tukayyid?

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006
Don't ATMs already include Artemis?

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006

Buschmaki posted:

Being able to hit something 300m away is not hard

I've been to a few ranges in my time and I can tell you that fit some people it is quite hard to make a 300 meter shot.

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006

The Repo Man posted:

Piranha is up for pre-order, if 145 kph 12 machine gun lights are your jam.

https://mwomercs.com/piranha

I haven't played this game in over a year..... fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck.

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006

BattleTech posted:

While the Piranha is one of my favorite light mechs along with the Owens and Puma, the design on this looks real bad to me.

It looks like a piranha to me. :shrug:

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006
The mech might have decent gun geometry if the in game model matches the art. The upper arms are very short, meaning that the in game gimp pose will have the arm mounted weapons sitting fairly high. If the side torso guns slot from high to low, those are also at a decent height, and that CT gun is almost as high up as it can go. Peeking builds might be doable, if that's your thing.

I'm just going to shoot robutts with my all of the machine guns.

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006

ZenVulgarity posted:

gently caress I THOUGHT I WAS DONE

I know, right?

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006

Buschmaki posted:

Also what is the best IS light much and how should I load it out. Please no one say urbanmech.

E: Just remembered I bought the 3 missile hardpoint commando, how should I run it?

okay, but the urban mech is a whole lot of fun.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006
no love for snub nosed PPCs?

Don't snub the snub.

• Locked thread