Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mindblast
Jun 28, 2006

Moving at the speed of death.

Rhymenoserous posted:

Engines yes, hardpoints no. They aren't omni's.

So basically IS modding and hardpoints with clan guns?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mindblast
Jun 28, 2006

Beet Wagon posted:

It looks like it's gonna be pretty dope. I'm excited for it and the Hunchie. The Orion and Highlander are going to be pure uncut rear end though.
Will they? Guess I've been out of the loop too long. I thought having a sturdier xl engine could make tge orion pretty nice.

Mindblast
Jun 28, 2006

teepo posted:

tier 3 in general is just some lovely middle ground where you really don't know what type of match you'll be dropping in. why they decided to go with 5 tiers instead of say 10 or 20 is beyond me.

Is that last bit internet sarcasm or are you serious. :v:

Mindblast
Jun 28, 2006

If you're going for mass asrm4 boating on that archer then I guess you are trying to make it a brawler, which means it will need some speed. Which with IS means you will need an xl, which is dangerous with a brawler, especially with one that will probably carry explosives outside the legs and cockpit. So you're stuck with something like a Standard 260-270 on a 70 ton robert. It may be better to forego the artemis, which would free up 9 tons that you really need. Srm4 spread is decent without artemis so it may be doable.

I guess some months from now I'll hear someone confirm/deny that it works.

Mindblast
Jun 28, 2006

:confused: Cauldron born is good though.

Mindblast
Jun 28, 2006

I think I have one with a 340. :v:

Mindblast
Jun 28, 2006

frest posted:

The Halloween TBR was a party in a box, ready to go!

Welcome to the world of freshly bought IS mechs. :v:

Mindblast
Jun 28, 2006

Are firestarters still serviceable? I still have a few kicking about in the mechbays.

Mindblast
Jun 28, 2006

The Repo Man posted:

It would be nice if the description on ferro said "weighs 12% less" rather than "offers 12% more protection." The loving wording in this game :psyduck: the description isn't wrong, but holy hell that's a misleading way of phrasing ferro.

I should also know better than to argue with great beer since he's probably been playing since release, or at least far far longer to know all the deceptive wording.

You can also tell through not having a max armor increase by taking ferro.

Mindblast
Jun 28, 2006

Razzled posted:

Are there still any dual AC20 builds or are those dead?

Are my Jaegers worthless now?

They can work. Just remember that you gotta try to keep your existence concealed until you can ruin someone's day. Once they know there's an ac40 fucker they WILL focus you, even there's otherwise no teamwork.

Mindblast
Jun 28, 2006

Lemon Curdistan posted:

Should I be dumb and buy the $20 Archer pack? The Archer is a cool-looking robot.

They all look cool, even if they suck. Don't do it.

Mindblast
Jun 28, 2006

TipsyMcStagger posted:

how does the C-Autocannon 2/5/10/20 work for damage? it fires 3 shots but do they do 2/5/10/20 damage each?

By that logic a burst in which every shot would do 20 damage would be 60 in a single trigger pull and that is insane even by PGI standards. No, you take the damage that is listed and divide it over the burst that is fired.

Mindblast
Jun 28, 2006

Haven't looked at that thing in ages. 350std, ac20, asrm6x2, mplasx4? Nearly 70 dmg alpha, just go easy on the mplas.

It now comes with defense against crits, interesting.

Mindblast
Jun 28, 2006

:allears: what went wrong with anders.

Mindblast
Jun 28, 2006

ZenVulgarity posted:

How about a Firestarter FS9-S? I think I can shove 5 medium pulse lasers on that loving thing

If you dig lights you may want to look at the Radar Deprivation module. Instantly losing locks the moment you break line of sight is really useful.

Mindblast
Jun 28, 2006

Pattonesque posted:

so Russ is asking about what people would want to see in a new four-mech Clan pack, and this one seems to be winning for lights:

http://www.sarna.net/wiki/Piranha

may I direct your attention to its twelve (12) machine guns

The first thing I thought was how you'd redesign this thing visually while still keep it recognisable and not retarded.

Also does the pilot simply sit behind the teeth? It looks like there's no glass. :downs;

Mindblast
Jun 28, 2006

Pattonesque posted:

I don't think the design matters as it will be constantly hidden behind the fire of 12 machine guns

It wouldn't fire them when I spin it around in the mechlab. :colbert:

Mindblast
Jun 28, 2006

Maybe he's like Ohsh and can just make anything work.

Mindblast
Jun 28, 2006

Fil5000 posted:

Lurmageddon - could refer to one of several incidences of pgi buggering up lrms with hilarious consequences. The best of which was when lrms fired like a loving Javelin meaning the only way to avoid them was to have something directly overhead.

For any newcomers trying to picture this: the lrms would fly at high altitude towards their target until they were right above it. Then they'd make a razorsharp 90 degree turn downward straight into the cockpit/ct.

Mindblast
Jun 28, 2006

Kurzon posted:

If the tag laser is just an aiming assist, why does it weigh a whole ton? The army has laser tags that can be carried by hand.

Because this isn't just the space future, son. This is the 80s space future.

Also Battletech

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mindblast
Jun 28, 2006

Skoll posted:

:lol:

Still sore about being called out for the bitch you are. Nice passive aggressive "I dont care about this game anymore and have x amount of in game money I was gonna donate but you guys demoted me so no.".

Seriously, go back to pissing off the people that play Arma or attempting to play Squad with. I need to hear more tales of your spergy meltdowns over dumb poo poo.

You seem really angry really often.

• Locked thread