Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Zythrst
May 31, 2011

Time to join a revolution son, its going to be yooge!

DivisionPost posted:

BCS over Mr. Robot? Wow.

I wasn't surprised I saw Mr. Robot not being on a quite a few lists BCS was just watched by more people probably.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Ahahahahaha yessss

NieR Occomata
Jan 18, 2009

Glory to Mankind.

You cannot be loving making GBS threads me.

HorseRenoir
Dec 25, 2011

Pillbug
Jessica Jones at #2? Come the gently caress on.

Zaggitz
Jun 18, 2009

My urges are becoming...

UNCONTROLLABLE

hahahahahahahahahahahaha this is somehow better than I was expecting.

Problematic Pigeon
Feb 28, 2011
Fargo better loving win.

NieR Occomata
Jan 18, 2009

Glory to Mankind.

gently caress i should've placed it at 2 over MM

what did i do bown

i hosed up

i hosed up real bad

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

So glad I made that last second change to put JJ at #1 instead of #4 now, holy poo poo

Zaggitz
Jun 18, 2009

My urges are becoming...

UNCONTROLLABLE

Jessica Jones salt is somehow much tastier than Fargo salt.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Zaggitz posted:

Jessica Jones salt is somehow much tastier than Fargo salt.

It's the best

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

HorseRenoir posted:

Jessica Jones at #2? Come the gently caress on.

Hey, all of you were the ones who voted it in.

You let it be inside 2.

Hakkesshu
Nov 4, 2009

I think DD is better too, but whatever I enjoyed JJ it's decent even if it's got problems, my hot take

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
This year's list was designed purely to troll Toxx and bown :allears:

HorseRenoir
Dec 25, 2011

Pillbug

Oxxidation posted:

You let it be inside 2.

I didn't :smith:

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

I myself will carry you to the Gates of Valhalla...
You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer
Watch JJ be number 1...

NieR Occomata
Jan 18, 2009

Glory to Mankind.

Oxxidation posted:

You let it be inside 2.

ahahahahahahahahahaha 2good

Zythrst
May 31, 2011

Did the people who are bitching even watch it? All this hand wringing just seems to be over the studio to me.

OldTennisCourt
Sep 11, 2011

by VideoGames
Yeah it was a pretty great show, I'm a little confused as to why this is some nightmarish horror.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

In the extremely unlikely event that JJ makes it to #1 I may actually die laughing

NieR Occomata
Jan 18, 2009

Glory to Mankind.

MrAristocrates posted:

In the extremely unlikely event that JJ makes it to #1 I may actually die laughing

i would be totally fine with this, tbh

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

I myself will carry you to the Gates of Valhalla...
You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer

Zythrst posted:

Did the people who are bitching even watch it? All this hand wringing just seems to be over the studio to me.

I mean, it's probably just that it's down to fans of one or the other, and of course both sides want their show to win. I don't really care, because I haven't seen Fargo yet, but I'm sure it's really good. I saw JJ, and I know it was really good. I don't really care which one wins, but I think it will be super funny if JJ wins just because apparently that would really upset some people, even though this poll measures popularity and not some kind of objective quality.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
And so, friends, we come to the end of the road. Fargo. Jessica Jones. There can be only one. The time for words is done, what did you vote your number two show of 2015?

Asiina posted:

The characters feel like real people reacting to a horrific situation.

hcreight posted:

The most inspired casting choice of the year.

Ernie. posted:

It's a wonderful, intelligent show, that knows how to underplay every hand, thought and scene until it all erupts to the top in both the audience and the acting simultaneously.

achillesforever6 posted:

The evillest character I have seen on TV.

Sober posted:

Executed thoroughly without ever trying to shy away from sensitive topics.

Senerio posted:

I thoroughly enjoyed being uncomfortable.

Spatula City posted:

Dared to be truly upsetting and at times confrontational.

Hakkesshu posted:

Boy does this show throw dark, and it loving earns it too.

Tuxedo Jack posted:

It's a really good show, if you can stomach the themes.

Jerusalem posted:

The series doesn't offer any easy answers, it doesn't "fix" anything by the end.

Zaggitz posted:

A great exploration of multiple forms of abuse.

Slamhound posted:

A good meditation on abuse and power.

Little Mac posted:

A masterclass in every type of abuse you can imagine.

xeria posted:

Real good exploration of abuse and PTSD.

Shageletic posted:

A sheen of noir barely obscure a tidal wave's worth of criticisms and musings on the machinations of abuse.

DivisionPost posted:

Pummeling you with all the self-hatred, powerlessness, and fear that comes with victimhood and PTSD.

Big Bad Voodoo Lou posted:

The most emotionally draining show I've watched since Breaking Bad.

bou posted:

I never experienced the strong urges of "i need a break from this" and "i need to watch more NOW" so simultaneously.

Rarity posted:

Took me to an emotional place that no other TV show has ever reached.

BSam posted:

I watched it all and now I need a hug.

MrAristocrates posted:

I can't defend this decision on any level, yet I know it's right. This was my favorite show this year. It's flawed. Amazingly so. And I love that about it.

2. JESSICA JONES (NETFLIX)
NEW ENTRY
210 points, listed 34 times, #1 spot 3 times

:toot: BEST ON NETFLIX :toot:
:toot: BEST NEW SHOW
:toot:

Which means we know what your number one is! But time enough for that. First, let's just take a moment to look at Jessica Jones, the TV show of 2015 that the most people put in their top 10. In fact, it was listed by a full 50% of those who submitted valid lists! Is Jessica Jones a flawed show? Absolutely. It just goes to prove, you don't need to be perfect to be loved.

IRQ
Sep 9, 2001

SUCK A DICK, DUMBSHITS!

Cart posted:

Motion to ban whoever thought Agents of SHIELD was one of the 10 best shows of the year.

You fools.

It's not best shows, it's shows people most enjoyed.

This is how you can justify a top 10 filled with trash.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

I'm okay with this

Problematic Pigeon
Feb 28, 2011
All is right in the world.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Ok, I got to take off my presenter hat for a second and just say I am so, so happy with this result. Jessica Jones gets tons of negatives thrown its way (about half of those are deserved) and I figured that meant it would never get so high in the final list. In fact, for the first 1/3rd of the voting it was actually in the lead and while it fell off the pace towards the end it still held out strong and that's awesome.

Zythrst
May 31, 2011

I'm looking forward to Luke Cage winning next year just in time for Sweet Christmas.

Zaggitz
Jun 18, 2009

My urges are becoming...

UNCONTROLLABLE

Rarity posted:

Ok, I got to take off my presenter hat for a second and just say I am so, so happy with this result. Jessica Jones gets tons of negatives thrown its way (about half of those are deserved) and I figured that meant it would never get so high in the final list. In fact, for the first 1/3rd of the voting it was actually in the lead and while it fell off the pace towards the end it still held out strong and that's awesome.

Plus it made occ and bown super mad.

Yer Burnt
Feb 26, 2007

Can we at least agree to retire the phrase "peak TV" after this thread is done?
I'm at peak "peak TV".

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
This is it, friends. Time to crown the TV IV #1 Show of 2015! But before we do that, there's just a couple of orders of business we need to take care of. First, let's take a look at the Top 10 Networks of 2015!

10. ABC (118 points)
9. NBC (136 points)
8. USA (148 points)
7. CBS (180 points)
6. Comedy Central (197 points)
5. AMC (261 points)
4. The CW (317 points)
3. HBO (335 points)
2. FX (392 points)
1. Netflix (682 points)

In a stunning reversal of fortunes Netflix has turned around the slump of the last couple of years to absolutely dominate this year's Network Chart. Marvel's double punch and Sense8 were the big point earners but their constant stream of original content meant that Netflix featured throughout our chart from top to bottom. Meanwhile, HBO and FX continue to be strong contenders while AMC showed it relies far too much on Vince Gilligan by returning to form with Better Call Saul. And let's hear some love to Comedy Central, putting in a strong showing thanks to a collection of niche comedies with cult followings. However, the other major story here is the death of the Big 4 networks. Outclassed by the CW and each relying on one or two main players to score their points, it seems like they're behind the times and behind in favour. Fox didn't even make the top 10!

And now for two of our most loved awards. The first trophy going out is the Hippest Goon on All The Web Award.rewarded to the goon with their finger most on the TV IV pulse as shown by including more Top 10 shows in their list than any other. And the award goes to... Zythrst!

But for every winner there must be a loser and so we present the Old Fogey Wooden Spoon to the goon most out of touch with the modern voter. Would you believe this goon didn't even list one single show from the Top 12? And that unfortunate soul is... Shneak!

But enough preamble. I know why you're really here. This is the moment you've been waiting for. This is your Number One Show of 2015!

Zythrst posted:

Just an impeccably crafted show.

centaurtainment posted:

Boatloads of style.

Yer Burnt posted:

So crazy good.

Jerusalem posted:

It's absolutely, unbelievably amazing.

Escobarbarian posted:

So perfect as to be almost clinical.

MrBuddyLee posted:

If a friend asked me for one don't miss show this season, this'd have to be it.

hcreight posted:

Still the best show on TV.

Spatula City posted:

It gives us what we need rather than what we want.

Junkenstein posted:

The most cinematic experience to appear on TV.

White Rabbit posted:

This really blurs the distinction between TV shows and movies, confirming the former into the singular art form it has become.

buddhanc posted:

Just about perfect in every way.

Regy Rusty posted:

There’s nothing begrudging about its inclusion this year.

HorseRenoir posted:

Some of the boldest television I've ever seen.

Cart posted:

Flawless.

DivisionPost posted:

It all fits together as pieces of a whole instead of a mishmash of tones and ideas.

MrAristocrates posted:

Effortlessly pulls off poo poo I would never accept in any other show.

Problematic Pigeon posted:

It's as funny as the comedies on my list, as exciting and moving as the dramas.

Zaggitz posted:

Perfect.

Shageletic posted:

Better cinematography and directing than you would see in most movies today with characters that leap out of the page and heroes wrangling with the worst of people.

xcore posted:

Every minute of these show is amazing and I never want the episodes to end.

Illinois Smith posted:

HOOOOOLY gently caress.

...Juuuuust kidding. It is, of course...

1. FARGO (FX)
251 points, listed 30 times, #1 spot 11 times

:toot: BEST ON FX :toot:
:toot: MOST #1 PICKS :toot:
:pcgaming: BEST SHOW
:pcgaming:

So there we have it, Fargo is #1. Could it ever be any other way? And with that, our journey has come to a close. Let the arguments and gloating about positions begin. And someone fetch me a stiff drink.

Zythrst
May 31, 2011

Hah really? To think I only voted because I wanted Korean reality/game shows to get some love.

Cart
Sep 28, 2004

They see me rollin...

Hannibal dethroned...

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
OH MY GOD I CAN STOP LOOKING AT SPREADSHEETS

NieR Occomata
Jan 18, 2009

Glory to Mankind.

I'm gonna include one final note, give me a second

HUGE SPACEKABLOOIE
Mar 31, 2010

Rarity posted:

6. THE LEFTOVERS (HBO)

But we cannot look back forever, we must look forward as well

I don't know if this was intentional but I'm going to chose to believe that it was

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I think Fahrenheit is better for weather
Thanks for all of this Rarity. It's been a great ride and I appreciate all your effort.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

HUGE SPACEKABLOOIE posted:

I don't know if this was intentional but I'm going to chose to believe that it was

I don't watch the Leftovers so whatever I did, it definitely wasn't. What did I do?

HUGE SPACEKABLOOIE
Mar 31, 2010

Rarity posted:

I don't watch the Leftovers so whatever I did, it definitely wasn't. What did I do?

There's an argument to be made that it is the entire premise of the show. Yes, we can look back forever or die trying.

NieR Occomata
Jan 18, 2009

Glory to Mankind.

ed: whoops posted prematurely

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Issaries
Sep 15, 2008

"Negotiations were going well. They were very impressed by my hat." -Issaries the Concilliator"
That hitflix list is from serious boring people who hate anything fun.

• Locked thread