Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs

In Training posted:

The only FF I don't like is VIII because levelling is pointless and the story is complete nonsense

The first part is what makes it fun. You can completely blow the doors off the game before you're through the first disc. Plus, it has my favorite card game, which I now can play on my phone.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

In Training posted:

The only FF I don't like is VIII because levelling is pointless and the story is complete nonsense

It's the only one I can stand to replay.

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

In Training posted:

its satire. just kidding

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011
i like the way lvling is in ff8 because u can get from 1-100 in like 20 minutes and its basicalyl like a difficulty slider. lvl up = harder game

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I really looking forward to Bravely Default 2

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs
Ni no Kuni 2 looks good too

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Bolverkur posted:

Wait, so it's not turn based now? It's an action game?

its hybrid. the director gave an interview saying he wanted to preserve the strategic elements of the battle system but wanted more action to appeal to modern players as well

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up
modern gamers ftl

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

ffviii has a cool final dungeon. shame about the rest of the game.

lol at everything that happens in space though. I think the attack where one of the final bosses hookshots four planets into you is better than sephiroth's planet attack.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

A mix of lightning returns and the old gameplay mite b cool

pog boyfriend
Jul 2, 2011

i am hype for this.

AtlasToked
Sep 14, 2014
i'm a little sad that it won't be turn based, but that is what the original is for. looking forward to this remake

Bored Online
May 25, 2009

We don't need Rome telling us what to do.
-tactics
-thats about it

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs
its gonna be episodic, whatever that means

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

NickRoweFillea posted:

its like discs

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!

NickRoweFillea posted:

Final Fantasy VII - a Telltale Games Series

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

Lumpy the Cook posted:

Final Fantasy VII - a Telltale Games Series

Barret will remember that.

Bobby The Rookie
Jun 2, 2005

Blackheart posted:

Barret will remember that.
Ew, someone just made this exact joke in Games.

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

God dammit.

Kersch
Aug 22, 2004
I like this internet
HD burger. the framerate drops when it zooms in on it because of tesselation for sesame seeds & physics on lettuce. burgers on the ground in the background during battles way off in the distance, draw distance and lod is out of control for visual quality - way too high. fps keeps dropping

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

NickRoweFillea posted:

:unyeah:

Ragg
Apr 27, 2003

<The Honorable Badgers>

NickRoweFillea posted:

Sounds bad

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

NickRoweFillea posted:

:yikes::negative::whitewater:

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

NickRoweFillea posted:

man theyre really milking this poo poo lmao

Pikachu
Feb 6, 2010

DANGER DANGER
HIGH VOLTAGE

NickRoweFillea posted:

welp.

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

NickRoweFillea posted:

well, its not some western slapheads indie game, so it might be ok. who knows

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

I know this wasn't your original avatar but I just love this game. Cheers, rediscover.
episodic sounds fail to me but i still think it's going to be win mostly

Bedlamdan
Apr 25, 2008

NickRoweFillea posted:

D:

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

I dont see how its a big deal that its episodic... you people dont like episodes or something? TV is really good these days so Im not really seeing the big problem.

Bored Online
May 25, 2009

We don't need Rome telling us what to do.

net cafe scandal posted:

I dont see how its a big deal that its episodic... you people dont like episodes or something? TV is really good these days so Im not really seeing the big problem.

hl episode three

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

Dongslayer. posted:

hl episode three

Breaking Bad.. Mad Men. Fargo. The Wire.. The Sopranos.

Bobby The Rookie
Jun 2, 2005

net cafe scandal posted:

But what about Star Wars Episode 1, or Star Wars Episode 2, or hell, Star Wars Episode 3? The message is clear: no more episodes.

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

I know this wasn't your original avatar but I just love this game. Cheers, rediscover.

net cafe scandal posted:

Fargo is so good.

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

The other ones too.. but I'm not watching those right now.

Shaquin
May 12, 2007
My buddies have been playing all the psx final fantasy games when we hang out but I was an n64 kid so I missed all the playstation ones but they make them look fun as hell. I've never played a final fantasy game other than tactics where would I start

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Shaquin posted:

My buddies have been playing all the psx final fantasy games when we hang out but I was an n64 kid so I missed all the playstation ones but they make them look fun as hell. I've never played a final fantasy game other than tactics where would I start

7 or 9. Battle systems are most accessible, but 9 has a bunch of throwbacks to the older games that will be lost on you.

Bolverkur
Aug 9, 2012

The Walking Dead was episodic. The Wolf Man Game Within was episodic. Life is Strange was episodic. All these games? Win. So chill. It's not about the format. It's about whether or not it will be insanely win, which I think it will be. Let's also not forget that FF7 was episodic on several discs when it was released. :colbert:

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Shaquin posted:

7 is excellent. Then you could try 9. People really love X but I thought it was just alright, X-2 is excellent though.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

In Training posted:

7 is excellent. Then you could try 9. People really love X but I thought it was just alright, X-2 is excellent though.
I just started 7. I played about 20 minutes and got on the train.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Bolverkur posted:

The Walking Dead was episodic. The Wolf Man Game Within was episodic. Life is Strange was episodic. All these games? Win. So chill. It's not about the format. It's about whether or not it will be insanely win, which I think it will be. Let's also not forget that FF7 was episodic on several discs when it was released. :colbert:

I haven't played the first two but I think Life is Strange suffered from the episodic format because they couldn't afford to do everything in one go, or something like that. Just a random forums rumor I remember hearing. I would have rather bought and played it all at once, because I kept forgetting the game even existed.

• Locked thread