Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Tragic Fat Detective
Jul 12, 2002

soulja boy tell em
When are they going to remake Metal Gear Solid, but in 3D this time?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chucat
Apr 14, 2006

tumor looking batty posted:

Has there ever been a good remake for a game that came out 18 years ago?

I'm falling into your trap but it's Metroid Zero Mission

Ragg
Apr 27, 2003

<The Honorable Badgers>

FactsAreUseless posted:

At least "incredibly detailed FFXIII production knower" is a new kind of fail.

Yeah a gamer who actually knows his poo poo instead of spouting of bullshit unlike 90% of this forum. What a huge fail that guy is, and a loser for caring about little things like knowing what the hell you're talking about.

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

je1 healthcare posted:

It even persisted up to FFXIII. The english translators on that game said they must have translated the entire game five times because the script was constantly getting rewritten after the fact. Plus they couldn't ever get a final version, since they would contact the writers, VA directors, producers, and cutscene directors only to find out that they were all using different scripts.

Did the translators go into detail about what changed? Thinking about all the different teams using a different script is funny as hell.

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
The world didn't end in FF7 but a lot of stuff was destroyed. Aeris prayer for holy and her sacrifice brought out the life stream of the planet to help combat jenovah. That game had a really good story imo. 6 was were the world actually was destroyed and it was basically a tale of revenge.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

The realization that I was only halfway through VI was fairly loving cool.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Also the second half opens with an attempted suicide :smith:

Machai
Feb 21, 2013

They said they will "go beyond the story, world, and experience of Final Fantasy 7 in ways we've always dreamed of"

clearly that means there will be a way to make Aeris live

SunAndSpring
Dec 4, 2013
So are they pricing this like those Telltale games where you just buy it once and get all the episodes from start to finish or are they going full retard and making you buy each episode individually

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

In going to guess the latter since each one will be like 15 hours

devtesla
Jan 2, 2012

Grimey Drawer
Did they say 15 hours? I thought this was going to be like the three XIIIs in that it's multiple full priced games that would be longer than that.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

They haven't made any indication yet

beepstreet
Feb 7, 2005

It needs to be sold in pieces for this to happen on the proper scale, which they've emphasized is their goal . Otherwise SE will probably go bankrupt a couple years into development and we get nothing. Now, if the first bit comes out and its overpriced poo poo and has big things missing from the original game, sure, gently caress em, but it makes sense why they're doing it this way. Plus, it means that we'll get to play some of it before 2017 and gives them an opportunity to do a complete set or whatever when its done sometime in the early 2020s at the end of this console life cycle.

I think the beginning to leaving Midgar would be a great part 1 but that might be a little optimistic.

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011
dont u leave midgar after like 5 hours though.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Midgar is about a quarter of the game and then you unlock the world map and go Whoa.

Bear Retrieval Unit
Nov 5, 2009

Mudslide Experiment
This looks promising, but I'm holding my judgment until I see the pre rendered cutscene of Cloud getting gangbanged at the Honeybee Inn.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Cloud's stretched rear end in a top hat is going to look awesome on my bigscreen.

je1 healthcare
Sep 29, 2015

Evil Eagle posted:

Did the translators go into detail about what changed? Thinking about all the different teams using a different script is funny as hell.

Not really, they had a lore bible to stick to and the characters couldn't change. SE wanted the game's initial drafts to be translated as they were being edited, for some reason. The story can be best described as a bunch of minutiae built around a series of pre-constructed level assets and cutscenes.

http://www.rpgamer.com/features/insidegaming/tslatteryint.html

RE: Final Fantasy 7. The episodic approach kind of makes sense, otherwise the game wouldn't release until 2017. Ideally it would be in 10-20 hour chunks depending on the number of episodes

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Knuc U Kinte posted:

Cloud's stretched rear end in a top hat is going to look awesome on my bigscreen.

[sighing] Okay, this is just getting too easy.

Unexpected Raw Anime
Oct 9, 2012

I'm trying very hard to think of a major game production that went episodic and was seen t completion and I can't come up with one

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Benny D posted:

I'm trying very hard to think of a major game production that went episodic and was seen t completion and I can't come up with one
Shining Force III

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

Pablo Gigante posted:

Shining Force III

wish we got all 3

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

http://sf3trans.shiningforcecentral.com/

We might, one day.

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

i love sega saturn, almost as much if not more than PSX... nostalgia I guess

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Black Baby Goku posted:

i love sega saturn, almost as much if not more than PSX... nostalgia I guess

I never knew it was a thing until AVGN.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

I got a Saturn for Christmas before I had a PSX, it was the bundle with Daytona USA, Virtua Fighter 2 and Virtua Cop. So much good gaming on that console

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

Pablo Gigante posted:

I got a Saturn for Christmas before I had a PSX, it was the bundle with Daytona USA, Virtua Fighter 2 and Virtua Cop. So much good gaming on that console

i got this exact bundle

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

Pablo Gigante posted:

my older bro got this bundle and we still had the saturn until a flood a few years back

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Wormskull posted:

I never knew it was a thing until AVGN.

Same here. I thought it just went Genesis -> Dreamcast

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011
apparently the first part of this is finished already.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I.N.R.I posted:

apparently the first part of this is finished already.

I thought this too but the story is actually that "the scenario" is done, meaning the script is written. Which, well, that was done over 20 years ago I'd think

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

In Training posted:

I thought this too but the story is actually that "the scenario" is done, meaning the script is written. Which, well, that was done over 20 years ago I'd think

siliconera says the first part is done , and theyre usually right. theyre (square) going to make an announcement soon in famitsu or something

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
From Famitsu:

They want add delver further into Biggs, Wedge, and Jessie.
They have an idea about the number of installments that will be released, but they’re not at the stage where they can say anything.
They’re not talking about online right now.
The scenario of the first part up until its ending is already complete.
They’re getting technological assistance from the Kingdom Hearts team with Unreal Engine 4, since they’ve been using it with Kingdom Hearts III.
Cloud’s hallucination scenes will be more meaningful.
As for the cast, they’re continuing plans with the voice actors from Advent Children, but there are some that still haven’t been offered yet. Red XIII only made a cameo appearance, so his voice is likely to be changed.
Separate from Limit Breaks, there is another unique system. They can’t show it yet, but the it’ll be different depending on the player’s fighting style.
Nothing has been decided about guarding yet.

program666
Aug 22, 2013

A giant carnivorous dinosaur
it would be pretty neat to have a kingdom hearts combat system, but better, in some game somewhere besides dissidia that is already brilliant

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

Black Baby Goku posted:

From Famitsu:

They want add delver further into Biggs, Wedge, and Jessie.
They have an idea about the number of installments that will be released, but they’re not at the stage where they can say anything.
They’re not talking about online right now.
The scenario of the first part up until its ending is already complete.
They’re getting technological assistance from the Kingdom Hearts team with Unreal Engine 4, since they’ve been using it with Kingdom Hearts III.
Cloud’s hallucination scenes will be more meaningful.
As for the cast, they’re continuing plans with the voice actors from Advent Children, but there are some that still haven’t been offered yet. Red XIII only made a cameo appearance, so his voice is likely to be changed.
Separate from Limit Breaks, there is another unique system. They can’t show it yet, but the it’ll be different depending on the player’s fighting style.
Nothing has been decided about guarding yet.

oh ... i got pwned by a misleading title the n. http://www.siliconera.com/2015/12/15/final-fantasy-vii-remakes-main-scenario-of-the-first-entry-is-already-complete/ the url has it worded correctly but then the title of the article is different. qq

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Yeah I got roped in the same way. Some as old as spring

SombereroLad
May 18, 2006

WAHAHAHAHAHA
Fun Shoe
they should get platinum to help with the combat imo

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

SombereroLad posted:

they should get platinum to help with the combat imo