Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up
if they are really going so cheap as to make it episodic then its probably gonna cut a bunch of stuff and be depressing

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

FF7 would be one of the biggest open world games ever if their going for that new camera style and poo poo too so that probably won't help either.

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011
wait until they actually do that if you want to be depressed about it IMO

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Would they turn the overworld into a menu for example instead of having chibi cloud run around the world... That would be rear end.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Wormskull posted:

Would they turn the overworld into a menu for example instead of having chibi cloud run around the world... That would be rear end.

do you think they'll bother remaking the strategy or snowboarding minigames, nah

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

I will say I'm excited to see how Costa del Sol and the Gold Saucer parts of the game will be recreated since those have epic feel value to me.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Costa del Sol and eventually buying the house there is what made me obsessed with living in a place like LA or whatever, as a kid.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

That's why I think this is gonna be pretty different game. It's my fave part of the original though, I think the circle button has like 35 different actions mapped to it over the course of the game

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

In Training posted:

That's why I think this is gonna be pretty different game. It's my fave part of the original though, I think the circle button has like 35 different actions mapped to it over the course of the game

On PC there was a keypad overlay you put on your 'board and the game was controlled on the numpad... it was epically hosed up but awesome.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Maybe it will be episodic like the FF13 games?

Dec 26, 2012

NickRoweFillea posted:

its gonna be episodic, whatever that means

it's probably to stagger release schedules so they don't cannibalize ff15 sales

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

01011001 posted:

it's probably to stagger release schedules so they don't cannibalize ff15 sales
This and probably so they can actually complete it without fans going insane

pog boyfriend
Jul 2, 2011

Knuc U Kinte posted:

7 or 9. Battle systems are most accessible, but 9 has a bunch of throwbacks to the older games that will be lost on you.

final fantasy 9 should be played after 7, 6, and 1, imo. you can also play ff4/5 if you want, but playing those 3 is the way to get the best experience for 9. starting with 7 is a good idea because that is where most people did and it worked for almost everyone who played it.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Here's clarification on splitting the game into parts

quote:

Kitase: From the beginning, we have considered it impossible to remake FF7 into one single game. Althought it's impossible to tell you the details about the splitting at the moment, please wait for our further announcement.

Nomura: If we tried to stuff the whole game into one release, some part of the game would have to appear as digests. We'd have to remove some contents from the game, and it would be difficult to add more to the game. Considering that a full remake of the original game must be achived, we have decided to split the game into episodes.

Kitase: Taking the No.8 street shown in the video this time, even just this is already highly dense. If we are to remake the content of the original version at that quality, it would have been impossible to do with a single release

it sounds like it will actually be massive game and they also said they'll probably go beyond the original game and add stuff from crisis core or the movie or whatever. So if you're playing as the games come out you will probably be playing the FF7 remake for like 6 or 7 years.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Oh also the X / X-2 remake is coming to steam

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

In Training posted:

it sounds like it will actually be massive game and they also said they'll probably go beyond the original game and add stuff from crisis core or the movie or whatever. So if you're playing as the games come out you will probably be playing the FF7 remake for like 6 or 7 years.

In Training posted:

:worship: :worship: :worship:
:worship: :worship: :worship:

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

In Training posted:

Pure freakin' win. Is the FF7 remake coming to steam.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

In Training posted:

This is insane and I love it.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Wormskull posted:

Pure freakin' win. Is the FF7 remake coming to steam.

Yeah it's XONE/PS4/PC I believe. PS4 gets a times exclusivity but if it's actually split into parts that doesn't really matter as much

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

FactsAreUseless posted:

This is insane and I love it.

It reads like they took a look at the scope and said "let's do this right", which meant the game will be like 150gigs so now they have to split it up.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

I didn't even flinch at all when I learned it would be episodic.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

In Training posted:

It reads like they took a look at the scope and said "let's do this right", which meant the game will be like 150gigs so now they have to split it up.

This.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

im crying out of both joy and fear

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
i think it looks cool. i'm willing to give it a try.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

elf help book posted:

im crying out of both joy and fear

On the one hand, this sounds like an awesomely insane project to undertake and I'm glad someone was convinced it was worth it to undertake. On the other, I have re feeling it's going to cost like 200 dollars to play the whole game.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

In Training posted:

Yeah it's seriously the best. The FF series definitely needs to be huge and ambitious and epic in scope and I hope this sets a trend for future Square releases.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

In Training posted:

On the one hand, this sounds like an awesomely insane project to undertake and I'm glad someone was convinced it was worth it to undertake. On the other, I have re feeling it's going to cost like 200 dollars to play the whole game.
The FF7 Series Collection disc on the PS5 in 2022 is going to be incredible.

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

Im going to play FF7 soon.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

FactsAreUseless posted:

Yeah it's seriously the best. The FF series definitely needs to be huge and ambitious and epic in scope and I hope this sets a trend for future Square releases.

2017 will see the release of ff15, kingdom hearts 3, and ff7 episode 1

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Square is also working DQXI

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

net cafe scandal posted:

Im going to play FF7 soon.

It's one of my favorites, enjoy

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

square is actually releasing a big budget episodic game very soon

hitman lol

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

i hate western square eidos

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I like that halfway through FF7 they tell you the ending, and repeatedly explain that it's completely unavoidable and nothing you do can change fate. And then you spend 20 more hours convinced it's not true and the game ends exactly like everyone said it would. Awesome

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
The only thing I don't like about it is that excuse or no, FF7 is trying to out-.hack the .hack series. That announcement sounds reasonable now, but something's gonna have to give in the end. Somethin is gonna get cut when it's all said and done.

Including Crisis Core stuff is okay in theory, but that worries me they're proceeding with the weird poo poo Dirge of Cerberus introduced.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Shinjobi posted:

The only thing I don't like about it is that excuse or no, FF7 is trying to out-.hack the .hack series. That announcement sounds reasonable now, but something's gonna have to give in the end. Somethin is gonna get cut when it's all said and done.

Including Crisis Core stuff is okay in theory, but that worries me they're proceeding with the weird poo poo Dirge of Cerberus introduced.

Uhhh, whatever. I tried to read this but it seems like a fairly ridiculous post.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

Wormskull posted:

Uhhh, whatever. I tried to read this but it seems like a fairly ridiculous post.

Yeah I know my bad

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
I'm interested to see how they stagger content in separate parts. I'd assume all of midgar might be the first part, but it depends on the scope of it all, I suppose

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

The episodic release might not be so bad if

a) they aren't full-price each, and

b) they maintain the overworld and exploration and stuff

their stated reason is that they have to do this so that they don't have to cut anything so hopefully that means they won't just be funneling the player through setpieces with no fun exploration and optional stuff and chocobo breeding in between

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

As someone who spent an entire evening resetting the PS vita version of FF7 trying to get a gold chocobo, I personally hope to never see chocobo breeding again. Or maybe it could be overhauled

• Locked thread