Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

No Goblin (co-founded by goon Panzer Skank) is making a new game.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q6yg7qkAFXQ

It's about robots and golf and robots playing golf, and it may in fact be the first game inspired by a joke in an LP.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z-5qVcsS2Q4

It's going to be debuting on the PS4 in 2016 and will be compatible with PlayStation VR.

Come here to get hype about robot golf!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Suspicious Dish
Sep 24, 2011

2020 is the year of linux on the desktop, bro
Fun Shoe
rolf means robot golf

Volfogg
Dec 19, 2010

Some say she was raised by sentient birds, and that test subjects replicating her equipment were horribly broken.

All we know is she's called
The Hunter

Get it straight. These aren't your rinky-dink run of the mill Robots, these are Giant Robots.

We're not playing Rolf, we're playing Grolf.

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??
Free beer for whoever gets a hole in one on that moon-to-earth hole

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
Is Kuvo going to be paid royalties for this.

Vavrek
Mar 2, 2013

I like your style hombre, but this is no laughing matter. Assault on a police officer. Theft of police property. Illegal possession of a firearm. FIVE counts of attempted murder. That comes to... 29 dollars and 40 cents. Cash, cheque, or credit card?

Internet Kraken posted:

Actually, I hope that he's made one of the lead VAs, and compensated accordingly*.

*(In liquor.)

Droyer
Oct 9, 2012

I like giant robots a lot and am very excited!

When they say "'90s-inspired mecha animation" they mean more than just Evangelion. Evangelion is great, don't get me wrong, but there were a lot of great mecha shows in the 90s.

Gamerofthegame
Oct 28, 2010

Could at least flip one or two, maybe.
as expected from goons, inane ideas stemmed from drunken LP sessions and frolf jokes on the ground floor

:yeah:

Internet Kraken posted:

don't steal my joke

Archenteron
Nov 3, 2006

:marc:
Is one of the giant golf robots being piloted by Cassie the Twitter Corgi?

Sold.

Milosh
Oct 14, 2000
Forum Veteran
I"m in.

Panzer Skank
Jan 12, 2004

He's a regular-crab.
Not, like, a sex-crab.

Hello thread I love u thread, I'm glad you guys are excited for our game!! There is a lot of cool stuff I freakin can't wait to tell you about in ~the future~.

Here is a fun video shot in my house? Dan will tell you about how fun VR is and how stupid our game is!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V1F_p6IHdeU

Droyer posted:

When they say "'90s-inspired mecha animation" they mean more than just Evangelion. Evangelion is great, don't get me wrong, but there were a lot of great mecha shows in the 90s.

I sure do mean more than just eva, but we both really really wanted to do a SHINJI GET IN THE FUCKIN ROBOT scene for the trailer.

Internet Kraken posted:

Don't steal his joke!

Gamerofthegame posted:

don't steal my joke

We bought him a hamburger and a beer today in celebration

Koobes
Nov 6, 2012

Panzer Skank posted:

The Voice Actor life is hard on Kuvo

Droyer
Oct 9, 2012

Panzer Skank posted:

I sure do mean more than just eva, but we both really really wanted to do a SHINJI GET IN THE FUCKIN ROBOT scene for the trailer.

I hope there's a robot that's a Brave reference!

Blister
Sep 8, 2000

Hair Elf
If you can't play as a tiny rear end human versus a giant robot, then this game is garbage

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

"I hope the audience at Playstation experience sees our trailer and thinks it's the dumbest thing they've ever seen"

That's exactly what I thought in the best possible way :allears: If I end up getting the VR headset, it'll be because of this game.

EDIT: Also the fact that someone at Sony saw this and thought "Dude. This needs VR." means there are still some visionary people working there

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Blister posted:

If you can't play as a tiny rear end human versus a giant robot, then this game is garbage

Please model this tiny-rear end human after me.

Morroque
Mar 6, 2013
I didn't know how badly I wanted this until I saw the corgi.

Suspicious Dish
Sep 24, 2011

2020 is the year of linux on the desktop, bro
Fun Shoe

Panzer Skank posted:

did you buy him onion rings

President Ark
May 16, 2010

:iiam:
what i want to see is a hybrid turn mode, where the actual golfing is done in the standard turn-based golfgame fashion but once everyone's taken a turn everyone gets like a minute to go apeshit and clear the line for their next shot/gently caress up everyone else's shot/beat up the other robots so they can't shoot as well, and then you get your next turn

e: also while the PS4 looks like it's supporting you guys a lot which is awesome, i'm kinda sad it's not on the xbox simply because that would allow for the possibility of the mechs from Blast Corps being unlockable/dlc

President Ark fucked around with this message at 07:44 on Dec 6, 2015

D_W
Nov 12, 2013

Important question, Will you be taking voice clip submissions again for the hundreds and thousands of poor pedestrians that will be slaughtered in this game like you did for Roundabout?

grancheater
May 1, 2013

Wine'em, dine'em, 69'em
I too am excited for Neo Bot Masters.

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused

grancheater posted:

Will be very disappointed if parts of the soundtrack are not reminiscent of the soothing tunes of the TURF MASTERS.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I hope we can customize our giant robot golfers.

Kuvo
Oct 27, 2008

Blame it on the misfortune of your bark!
Fun Shoe

Panzer Skank posted:

I was going to buy you two the hamburgers and beer but since you can make it tax deductible I guess we can make Uncle Sam pay for it.

Also at lunch today I spent most of the time nerding out about different robot animes and for once someone listened!

Tendales
Mar 9, 2012
Open world speed golf is literally a game I've wanted to play for years, but you also have giant robots so that's even better than my idea.

Volfogg
Dec 19, 2010

Some say she was raised by sentient birds, and that test subjects replicating her equipment were horribly broken.

All we know is she's called
The Hunter

Kuvo posted:

I was going to buy you two the hamburgers and beer but since you can make it tax deductible I guess we can make Uncle Sam pay for it.

Also at lunch today I spent most of the time nerding out about different robot animes and for once someone listened!

Congratulations Kuvo, someone finally listened you your Robot Rambling!

But yeah, out of all of PSX, the only games I care about now are Ace Combat 7, Yakuza 0, and of course, this. Panzer, you and Dan must keep on using your gifts for the good of the world. And there better be a Revolving Limo somewhere in Grolf. Maybe as a hazard of sorts?

Morroque
Mar 6, 2013
Honestly, I just hope there is a minigolf mode. Where the course is just the city in the middle of the day. While the people living there are trying to get on with their lives. It's not enough to be a giant robot. I need to be the rudest possible giant robot.

I also hope, in the fine and sophisticated tradition of roundabutt, there will be the "Mass Surveillance Mode" which will be a commentary on corporate and state power in the inevitable dystopian future. It will drive this point home by putting massive googly eyes on everything.

Orv
May 4, 2011
This is all the right kinds of stupid and I hope it works out.

Doctor Hospital
Jul 16, 2011

what

grancheater posted:

We gotta get some sick NEO GEO beats up in this business.

gnome7
Oct 21, 2010

Who's this Little
Spaghetti?? ??

Internet Kraken posted:

Will be very disappointed if parts of the soundtrack are not reminiscent of the soothing tunes of the TURF MASTERS.

An electronica remix of that game's main theme, named on the soundtrack MASTERS OF NEW TURF.

Droyer
Oct 9, 2012

Kuvo posted:

What's your favorite robot anime? this is very important

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

A Cruel Putter's Fairway

cubicle gangster
Jun 26, 2005

magda, make the tea
Did you guys ever play 'golf question mark'? I used to love that.
This looks cool, nice work guys!

Kuvo
Oct 27, 2008

Blame it on the misfortune of your bark!
Fun Shoe

Droyer posted:

What's your favorite robot anime? this is very important

Geop
Oct 26, 2007

I think you made a mistake -- this isn't a screenshot from VOTOMS.

MagusDraco
Nov 11, 2011

even speedwagon was trolled

Geop posted:

No I'm pretty sure he posted the right screenshot.

Droyer
Oct 9, 2012

Geop posted:

Both acceptable answers.

The right answer is Patlabor though

NextTime000
Feb 3, 2011

bweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
<----------------------------
how much control will we have to customize our balls

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

Droyer posted:

Both acceptable answers.

The right answer is Patlabor though

Is the series worth it? I liked the movies well enough, even the crazy monster movie.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

Hi, what's a Playstation VR?

• Locked thread