Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Lizard Wizard posted:

Hi, what's a Playstation VR?

You know the Oculus Rift?

This is like that, but you plug it into a PS4.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Delacroix
Dec 7, 2010

:munch:
Can other robots applaud or harangue your score? What do the non-giant-robot really think about your strokes? Robot golf is surely a social sport.

Droyer
Oct 9, 2012

Shinjobi posted:

Is the series worth it? I liked the movies well enough, even the crazy monster movie.

Not sure if this is really the thread for it but:

The tv series has a more comedic tone than the movies. You won't find the great action and suspense the movies have, but the series is very funny and it gives the characters more time to develop, which leads to some heartwarming moments.

Also the tv series has the best robot

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Very important question: Will News be in this game? Her reports are important.

On da gween!

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

Droyer posted:

Not sure if this is really the thread for it but:

The tv series has a more comedic tone than the movies. You won't find the great action and suspense the movies have, but the series is very funny and it gives the characters more time to develop, which leads to some heartwarming moments.

Also the tv series has the best robot

Okay cool.

I support this game 150%. It is most definitely my poo poo.

Barn Owl
Oct 29, 2005
"text"
I hope there is a deafeningly loud robo golf clap animation.

Stanko-Prussian
May 22, 2006

CLEAN YOUR ROOM!, 'they' said.
DO YOUR HOMEWORK!, 'they' said.
WHY ARE YOU IN LOVE WITH A CARTOON PONY, 'they' said.
FOR GODSAKE! STOP SHOWING US YOUR BLACKHOLE'!! 'they' said.

When I lit the match....STOP SCREAMING, 'I' said
This looks and feels like a dreamcast game and i don't mean that even remotely as an insult

Suspicious Dish
Sep 24, 2011

2020 is the year of linux on the desktop, bro
Fun Shoe
this is basically what powerstone 3 would be anyway

Pyroi
Aug 17, 2013

gay elf noises
Will we have the ability to do Shining Fingers and Giga Drill Breakers?

Bogart
Apr 12, 2010

by VideoGames
I thought Dan was a goon too. :o Grats though, y'all. Looks great. This year's PSX has sold me pretty well on Playstation VR.

Kuvo
Oct 27, 2008

Blame it on the misfortune of your bark!
Fun Shoe
he is, tho he doesnt seem to post all that often

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cGRuNZSuEIs

DeliciousBees
Jul 15, 2001

Kuvo posted:

he is, tho he doesnt seem to post all that often

I'm too busy being an old man and making dad jokes on Twitter.

(Hey everyone! So happy you love our dumb 100ft rolf thing!)

Kuvo
Oct 27, 2008

Fun Shoe
:justpost:

also out of all the press youve gotten so far i think this one is the best

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

This is the best Robot Alchemic Drive sequel I could have possibly hoped for.

Kuvo
Oct 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

also how the gently caress did i miss this

AzraelNewtype
Nov 9, 2004

「ブレストバーン!!」

NextTime000 posted:

how much control will we have to customize our balls

If you can't make it orange or bluish gray with a shark face on it, I don't even know what we're doing here.

Geop
Oct 26, 2007

WHAT

Stanos
Sep 22, 2009

The best 57 in hockey.
Get Gainax on the line, make it happen, get Rei DLC, sell ten zillion copies.

D_W
Nov 12, 2013

I'm not sure if this could be made better. Even with the bike horn version.

Volfogg
Dec 19, 2010

Some say she was raised by sentient birds, and that test subjects replicating her equipment were horribly broken.

All we know is she's called
The Hunter

https://youtu.be/ZB7i2nj2htc

CONFIRMED: This is in fact the first game inspired by a joke in an LP. (Alt: This is all Panzer and Kuvo's fault.)

CONFIRMED: Dan Teasdale thinks NEO TURF MASTERS is "a really bad golf game".

CONFIRMED: Dan can no longer be trusted. (Not really. Some people just don't like golf unless it involves 100ft Giant Robots.)

D_W
Nov 12, 2013

Another important question. Will one of the 100ft Robots be named "Bronson"?

Pyroi
Aug 17, 2013

gay elf noises
Will the robots be customizable?

Panzer Skank
Jan 12, 2004

He's a regular-crab.
Not, like, a sex-crab.

Pyroi posted:

Will the robots be customizable?

Yes absolutely, I am completely incapable of shipping a game without some form of customization.

Droyer
Oct 9, 2012

Panzer Skank posted:

Yes absolutely, I am completely incapable of shipping a game without some form of customization.

will the customization have gameplay effects or will they only be decorative?

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
This game might be what gets me hooked on golf. I hope you're all prepared to take responsibility for such a thing.

Gotta find some comfy golf pants.

Robert Denby
Sep 9, 2007
Denial isn't just a river in Egypt, huh? Nah, get fucked mate.
New trailer...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bl5o-FqIRIQ

...along with the announcement that the commentators are Justin, Travis and Griffin McElroy of the My Brother My Brother and Me podcast!

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't know how you made it better but you did.

Panzer Skank
Jan 12, 2004

He's a regular-crab.
Not, like, a sex-crab.

Oh!! Hey!! I didn't think this thread would ever come back but hi it's nice to see you again!! :')

That's our new trailer!!! Other than the McElroys (who I'm really really really hype about having), it shows off some of our other level types and some of our new robot models! We also finally get to show off some of the final character art we're getting in from our super talented outsource artists!

Some other stuff we've done since december, if ya'll are interested!!:

We did an Unfinished EX over with the guys at Giant Bomb with a really fuckin janky build of the game!! It was really fun those guys are the sweetest, even if the build was ummm only barely up to snuff lmao

We got to do a really fun Official Playstation Blogcast feature where I get really excited about the movie Ratatouille but also we explain how VR in the game works

I wrote up a blog post here introducing our first character! Her name is Vahni, and we actually didn't have any of her final character art when I made that post... but here's some final art of her from the trailer we released yesterday!!

She's kind of like a villain in the same way that team rocket is sort of the villain of pokemon. There are some other characters we revealed in that trailer that I haven't had time to write announcements for yet, so that should happen soon, probably.

We've also started revealing some of the concept art for our robots because it's loving sick as hell, here's Vahni's robot aka The Throne:

Also bc i love this thread here's a completely new piece of art we haven't shown anywhere yet:

This robot is featured a lot in our trailer hoverboardin around!! Jeez who could pilot this one they are probably very mysterious......

Anyway we've been crankin away at this game nonstop and the nice reactions to the trailer really made our day yesterday so thanks. :) :) My current task is to collate hours of McElroy audio, which is an awesome task and owns.

Kite Pride Worldwide
Apr 20, 2009

Jojo golf robots in space. I'm a-okay with this.

And to think none of this would have ever happened if it weren't for NEO TURF MASTERS

SwimmingSpider
Jan 3, 2008

Jön, jön, jön a vizipók.
Várják már a tólakók.
Ez a kis pók ügyes búvár.
Sok új kaland is még rá vár.
I'm extremely Hype for Hoverboard Josuke Bot

GatewayOfLastResort
Oct 11, 2007

I'm saving up such a laugh.
Someone at my work was giving examples of bad VR games and mentiioned 100 ft. Robot Golf. First time I've yelled at someone at work when I shot that rear end in a top hat down. This game looks great and Roundabout is a treasure.

Archenteron
Nov 3, 2006

:marc:

Louis Vuitton-esque designs on the evil diva robot, v stylish. And Jeffrey cameos. Very excited.

Renzuko
Oct 10, 2012

panzer, important question.

Is janky clipart robot from the quick look ex still in the game?

And, assuming it is, will janky clipart robot get an 80s anime look in the final game?

D_W
Nov 12, 2013

Gosh, I hope janky clip art robot is the main character. (They are of my heart anyway.)

Panzer Skank
Jan 12, 2004

He's a regular-crab.
Not, like, a sex-crab.

Renzuko posted:

panzer, important question.

Is janky clipart robot from the quick look ex still in the game?

And, assuming it is, will janky clipart robot get an 80s anime look in the final game?

He is and holy macaroni he totally will be 80'sed up now, how could I not do this

Ometeotl
Feb 13, 2012

It's MISSEL! Or SISSLE!
I confused myself...

This game is a treasure.

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??
Every time I think this can't get better :allears:

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I demand Georgio's descendant in a revolving robot.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kuvo
Oct 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

Panzer Skank posted:

He is and holy macaroni he totally will be 80'sed up now, how could I not do this

use thedarkid's kid's crayonbot art as a reference

• Locked thread