Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

Also there needs to be a way to save custom rules, or at least remember the last way I set them

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dj Meow Mix
Jan 27, 2009

corgicorgicorgicorgi
rockin everywhere

This game is really fun. I do wish there was more ambiant noises or misic during cutscenes or golfing though. Is it supposed to be that quiet?

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

You have to be quiet when people are golfing because they need to concentrate. :ssh: Source: I am a casual golfer.

Also, do the robots pivot their back foot when they follow through on their swing? If they don't, it's gonna bug the poo poo out of me. That's like the first thing you learn!

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Waffleman_ posted:

You have to be quiet when people are golfing because they need to concentrate. :ssh: Source: I am a casual golfer.

Also, do the robots pivot their back foot when they follow through on their swing? If they don't, it's gonna bug the poo poo out of me. That's like the first thing you learn!

Cruel Golfer's Thesis

Orv
May 4, 2011
There were times since this game was announced that I was worried it wouldn't grab me like I thought it should. I'm happy to report I have been not just grabbed, but beaten to a very happy pulp by this excellent game. Good job you two (and McElroys.)

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
loving dando

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

Did the Strokerun but it didn't save as Personal Best. Probably why there is nobody on the leaderboard there. Starting to get the hang of magnet ball, but drat the moon and water physics mess me up bad

Dj Meow Mix
Jan 27, 2009

corgicorgicorgicorgi
rockin everywhere

Waffleman_ posted:

I'd be okay with a few robot birds chirping, or even the music continuing from the menu (because it's great)!

horchata
Oct 17, 2010
Is there a how-to guide somewhere that I can look at? I didn't realize I didnt have to wait for my ball to stop moving before I could move towards it until like the 3rd mission

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

horchata posted:

Is there a how-to guide somewhere that I can look at? I didn't realize I didnt have to wait for my ball to stop moving before I could move towards it until like the 3rd mission
Probably not, there's no entry for Manual on the PS4 menu or anything, I am guessing they crunched so hard they never wrote one.

I will give a small tip, magnet ball seems to work much better on chip-ins in the air than on rolling putts. Not sure how to make the best of the other balls yet, but that one is really fun. Still there are clearly some that are more often useful than others. Air Control and Boost could probably be sick if you learn how to take advantage.

What I want to know is does the party ball super do anything besides look fabulous?

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

Oh hey, the leaderboard did update eventually. I did it, I'm the champion, I can retire

(that's a real bad score btw)

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

https://twitter.com/deepFlaw/status/785677611422724096

Panzer I hate and love you

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

As much as I liked the announcers the first time, they get to repeat quips pretty quickly even playing solo. Is there any way you can make an option to shut off/reduce the chatter besides the brute force volume control? Or play each clip once per session or some junk?

Pyroi
Aug 17, 2013

gay elf noises
I would like to give this game a rating, but every number is too low.

I give this game Golf/10.

Kuvo
Oct 27, 2008

Blame it on the misfortune of your bark!
Fun Shoe

CrashCat posted:

Did the Strokerun but it didn't save as Personal Best. Probably why there is nobody on the leaderboard there. Starting to get the hang of magnet ball, but drat the moon and water physics mess me up bad

the hole of fame stats take 10ish mins to update

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

Kuvo posted:

the hole of fame stats take 10ish mins to update
Yeah I found that out, Moon Master. drat you got some low scores there

MR. J
Nov 22, 2011

Chuck and Fuck
I want this game but I don't have a PS quadruple :(
I hope it comes to PC eventually.

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??
At least 50% of my shots on a hole will be me putting and having my ball orbit slowly and uselessly around the hole. That's not even just this game, that's every golf game and also real life :( I can drive with the best of them, but I am physically incapable of putting.

Pyroi
Aug 17, 2013

gay elf noises

Danaru posted:

At least 50% of my shots on a hole will be me putting and having my ball orbit slowly and uselessly around the hole. That's not even just this game, that's every golf game and also real life :( I can drive with the best of them, but I am physically incapable of putting.

You need to believe in yourself.

Believe in the ball that believes in you!

Magnetic North
Dec 15, 2008

Beware the Forest's Mushrooms
All this talk is making me jealous. I think I'm going to have to go to a Gamestop and see if it's on display on the in-store PS4.

w00tazn
Dec 25, 2004
I don't say w00t in real life
Uncle Brad Muir is pretty great.

Need's more music or something going on during golfing besides the announcer voices. Maybe some action music or something.

A basic tutorial or controller button mapping in game would've been nice too... People need to know how to honk!

I'm kinda sad I didn't get any badges besides the early release one. I thought i was a friend of no goblinsssss :(

Glaive17
Oct 11, 2012

What is there left to discover about donuts...?
Pillbug

w00tazn posted:

People need to know how to honk!

Good job!

Broken Box
Jan 29, 2009

Bad things happen to your robot if its golf bits get mixed up with its frolf bits during a meteor shower.

Frolf is canon

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

Four times tonight I have knocked the ball into the stratosphere due to walking over the ball after putting it. One time it landed over 4000 feet away. I'll never be a speedrunner :smith:

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Take bogeys to save time.

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

Waffleman_ posted:

Take bogeys to save time.
Not good enough. Especially when I don't understand the drat water level physics at all and randomly hit shots that go super far on the moon

Archenteron
Nov 3, 2006

:marc:
I stumbled onto the True Ending on a stream, and it was :perfect:

Pyroi
Aug 17, 2013

gay elf noises
I have a question, on levels where the hole ends early due to plot, is it possible to get full gold medals?

Suspicious Dish
Sep 24, 2011

2020 is the year of linux on the desktop, bro
Fun Shoe
i don't have a playstation fore either so answer me this:

is there a blooming onion skin

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

I haven't even started beyond going through some of the customization options, and I've already almost died laughing once.

"Drake Whistle"

Geop
Oct 26, 2007

Suspicious Dish posted:

how dare you

Vicas
Dec 9, 2009

Sweet tricks, mom.

Geop posted:

how dare you

He means yes, probably

Arbite
Nov 4, 2009

Just beat this game, amazing all around. Did you have any issues using only pseudonyms for some of the credits?

Panzer Skank
Jan 12, 2004

He's a regular-crab.
Not, like, a sex-crab.

oh my gosh there is hella nice posts in this thread :kimchi: thank yall for playing my game!!! i'm glad you guys are having fun!! let me try and answer some questions down the line here

horchata posted:

I will probably write some sort of small online how-to guide or manual! Unfortunately there's no real concept of manuals for digital games on ps4, but I can definitely write and host my own dang thing. We are also looking into ways to make the abilities more clear in a future update!

:)

CrashCat posted:

As much as I liked the announcers the first time, they get to repeat quips pretty quickly even playing solo. Is there any way you can make an option to shut off/reduce the chatter besides the brute force volume control? Or play each clip once per session or some junk?

We don't have a specific setting for it, but dialogue has its own volume slider in the settings so you can dump that down to remove the voiceover from quickplay.

Danaru posted:

This may not be a super helpful suggestion but on putting the grass friction can be more than you anticipate, try to aim just a bit past the hole to give it enough oomf. Also, there is ball finesse (top spin, backspin, etc) on the dpad when you're aiming, and it's crazy super useful, try giving that a shot!

Pyroi posted:

I have a question, on levels where the hole ends early due to plot, is it possible to get full gold medals?

It should be possible!

Suspicious Dish posted:

i don't have a playstation fore either so answer me this:

Geop doesn't voice a robot pilot so no

Arbite posted:

Just beat this game, amazing all around. Did you have any issues using only pseudonyms for some of the credits?

I'm really glad you enjoyed it!!! As for the credits we list whatever name we're asked to list by that person, so no, no trouble. :)

Wiggly Wayne DDS
Sep 11, 2010

So far the only real issues I've had are power control for tap-in range putting and the ball hitting me when doing a high arc chip.

Glaive17
Oct 11, 2012

What is there left to discover about donuts...?
Pillbug
The only issue I have had so far was on one of the moon levels, I was doing a split screen game with my brother; As my ball was passing over a dome, he blew it up, causing the debris to fly in the air and knock my ball WAY far away. That would have been no problem normally, but somehow my ball ended up wedged in between 2 rocks, and I could not get an angle on it to hit it again. It was stuck forever and I had to wait for the computer player we were also playing with to finish so we could leave the course. :(

But all's well that ends well, I still beat my brother by 1 point in the final scoring! :)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

Be careful using the bouncy ball move on the moon :stare:

• Locked thread