Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

:darksouls:
this is my fav Towa Tei song+video, though I haven't heard that many songs by him (guess I gotta go get a Japanese iTunes account or something)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=elc8bll7CHk

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

Gamma Nerd posted:

Take Gesu no Kiwami Otome, for example. I recently got into them and am absolutely in love with how they incorporate math-rock rhythms with pop hooks and a vocalist with an almost hiphop-esque style.

I came to this thread to freak out about finding this band only to find out it was in the OP the whole time! Alas, if only I'd read closer. Still, they're really, really good.

Look at this loving video, christ

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bVZElDCQn3I

abraham linksys fucked around with this message at 01:50 on Jan 18, 2016

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

So here's a real naive question: what's up with the lack of legitimate ways to purchase a lot of this music in the US? What prevents a label like Warner Japan from just throwing some stuff up on US iTunes/Amazon?

I hate that the options for listening to a lot of this music seem to boil down to "import a CD for $60" or "find a Sendspace link on a sketchy Blogspot." At least if more of these bands released vinyl I would feel good about buying physical versions of this stuff.

• Locked thread