Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
REALTHEWILL
Jul 21, 2016
Don't know a ton of Japanese band's, to be honest ACID MOTHERS TEMPLE is probably the one band I actually know from JAPAN. Psychedelic rock at its awesomeness.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

REALTHEWILL
Jul 21, 2016

Gamma Nerd posted:

Japanese psych rock is pretty dope. There's about a hundred bands related to AMT, Fushitsusha, Les Rallizes Denudes and Boredoms, and lots of them are pretty prolific. Your tolerance for them will depend on how much you enjoy AMT's noisy side though.

Definitely check out Tsurubami, they're basically an AMT side project that are so hazy and blown out that they resemble shoegaze at times. On the Boredoms side, Rovo and OOIOO are both awesome - the former is more electronic and trance-inducing, the latter are very diverse and often tribal. Angel'in Heavy Syrup and eX-Girl are also great.

I'll definitely have to check them out. Thanks for helping me expand my music library Gamma Nerd!

• Locked thread